Author Topic: Pointless to play Strategus!  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Ronald_Meliossandro

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyeNRbbKBw
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ronald_Meliossandro
Re: Pointless to play Strategus!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 03:29:35 pm »
Apology accepted :D

I love this mod and iam afraid that players will disappear, and then will this mod be boring.
It is true that startegus is not a single player but there are many players who do not want to be in a clan but would still like to play startegus as mercenaries and if its to hard to make money or goods they will stop playing strategus.
This is a big problem I think.

My suggestion to make the map 10 times bigger was a bit exaggerated, but the map needs to be bigger!
We must all help to make this mod more fun to play

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 03:46:46 pm »
+2
I suggest to add level4 objects (lvl1 = towns, lvl2 = castles, lvl3 = villages, lvl4 = objects) like taverns, bandit camps, observative towers, markets and so on.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 04:37:57 pm »
Ronald, I like you and respect you on the battlefield, but I can't listen absurdities (Pointless to play Strategus!). You have no idea how huge effort we put into keeping a large clan in control. We work hard every day. Excel table, announced on internal forum, exchanging of cell phone numbers etc. its just the tip of the iceberg. Discontinuation this work for several days/weeks is sure downfall for a big clan. So instead of complaining about us ( bad boys  :rolleyes: ) begin to work on yourselves, because otherwise, we lose on this too. This game is called strategus, so do not  blame us that we choose your friends well.  Do the same.

Let's face it. You made ​​a STRATEGIC mistake, and now you are looking for fault in our clans, and worse, in the same game  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 05:11:00 pm »
Well i think i understand Ronald's point.
I personally enjoy being part of a community who works together . Every member of a clan are rings of a chain.Together they make something.
We,bashibazouks enjoy this.Strategus doesn't offer a lot with it's current version.All you have to do as a faction member is crafting and transferring goods to your designated trader guy. If you are the trader , all you have to do is to wait till you recieve the designated amount of goods from your clanmates and sell them to a designated fief.
This sounds retardic i understand.It is really really simple and kinda primative but doing this with 60 people , doing this without any mistakes or delays feels good somehow.
Its like "mexican wave" . Basically all you have to do is stand up and raise your hands but doing this in order with thousands of people on stadium feels good  :wink:

As i experience and as i understand Strategus serves entertainment to big and organized clans for now.
We cannot change strategus,this can be made by devs only and i believe (Hope!) chadz will work on it soon.
All i can suggest to small clans is to unite and form larger strategus factions.
More players in faction creates trouble and organisation problems , solving those issues and make every individual work as one is the core of having fun on strat.Feeling that you do a part to grow an army of 5k feels good.

So summary is this:
If you are clanless or want to rp bandit for example form a clan make it strategus only and recruit people , if you are alone you won't enjoy this version of strategus.Wanna trade with caravans ? Form a neutral merchants guild ask for protection from clans in return of paying visitors tax be rich buy troops from other factions raise your own army etc...There are lots of possibilities but if you are alone you won't have a chance.
If you have a clan of 20 members try to unite with another clan with 20.There are lots of clans in cRPG but very few of them play Strat because they don't believe that they can have fun in that.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 05:11:49 pm »
Come to lands of Mercs. It's only 2 gold per hour in Tosdhar for example  :rolleyes:

These Mercs, they are cool guys I tell you.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ronald_Meliossandro

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyeNRbbKBw
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ronald_Meliossandro
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 05:19:05 pm »
+1
Hi Harpag

I am not accusing anyone but I think the big alliances destroy the game.
I also know how difficult it is to controll clan member!
We have 34 member but only 8-10 are active in strategus so I know that is huge offer to make all players active.
Unfortunately, I do not succeed with that.

I do not understand why people are taking up strategic mistakes or we are the bad boys. This is not the point!

I now that  we have attacked a village in the middle of a great alliance!

Again, I take up what will happen to startegus when only the big clan groups remain.
Of course they will fight each other but the rest of the clans who dont have a village or singel players who dont cant do anything, what will they do?
They will not play startegus more!

This is what I personally believe, and once again, I blame no one but for me is a problem.

And yes i can do alliance and then nobody have to fight! Is this funn?

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 05:29:48 pm »
Guys, I of course agree completely that the game is not perfect and requires new solutions, but in my opinion, in this case, the error is on the side of the players.

I think that this game needs more love from the developers. I think the players should get a huge bonus XP / gold to attract more players from cRPG. But I have nothing to say. I play this game, which currently is available and try to win. That's all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login