Author Topic: Buffs and debuffs requests.  (Read 802 times)

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
Buffs and debuffs requests.
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »
+1
Long maul: It's speed is ridiculous. Fair enough if it did around 45 damage, but it only does 37. It also hardly ever crushes through and whenever anyone comes up to you, you die due to it's 70 speed..... It would be okay if I could use another polearm, but it takes 3 slots- I think it's stupid..                                                                Cav lancing: manual cav lancing I think has been nerfed too much. The times an unarmoured ARCHER has survived my lances whilst riding at full speed is not even funny.... Maybe its due to IF or something but I think it needs to be fixed.                                                                                                                                        Just two requests- lemme know what you guys think.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: Buffs and debuffs requests.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:18 am »
+2
agree on long maul.

dont agree on cav, its fine

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 12:32:31 am »
Cav lancing: manual cav lancing I think has been nerfed too much. The times an unarmoured ARCHER has survived my lances whilst riding at full speed is not even funny.... Maybe its due to IF or something but I think it needs to be fixed.                                                                                                                           

You know most "archers" have 18str now, and sometimes decent light heirloom, and sometimes even 1-3 IF ? If you think you can one hit them, just cause ,you're a cav, they're archer, you got speed bonus, blablabla, then you're wrong.

Good cav onehit archers easily, with a good thrust in the head, a decent speed bonus, and... guess what ?
(click to show/hide)
Yep, even if you want that 7 riding horse, you need PS, don't only rely on the speed bonus.

2nd pro hit : You can't one hit shit if you hit in the chest. Except peasants.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:28:01 am »
+1
agree on long maul.

dont agree on cav, its fine

Exact opposite.

As lance cav, hitting a decent and aware archer already is incredibly difficult (as archers are humans, and everybody knows humans have no inertia and can jump 3 meters instantly without momentum). No cav can afford to hit multiple times the same target when there are archers everywhere (including the roofs) shooting a beam of pinpoint arrows at his horse.

Of all the possible aware targets, archers should be the easiest to kill for cav, next to one handers and reloading crossbowmen.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:29:27 am »
Long maul: It's speed is ridiculous. Fair enough if it did around 45 damage, but it only does 37. It also hardly ever crushes through and whenever anyone comes up to you, you die due to it's 70 speed..... It would be okay if I could use another polearm, but it takes 3 slots- I think it's stupid..                                                                Cav lancing: manual cav lancing I think has been nerfed too much. The times an unarmoured ARCHER has survived my lances whilst riding at full speed is not even funny.... Maybe its due to IF or something but I think it needs to be fixed.                                                                                                                                        Just two requests- lemme know what you guys think.

As far as the long maul goes, I think it's fine. And I should know, I use it all the time. It is a support weapon after all. I do think that the great maul could use some adjustment though. Drop it's damage to 40 and maybe it's weight to 7.5 and I think the two weapons would be a lot closer in balance. As it is, the great maul is a far superior weapon.

I would also like ALL support weapons to take up 3 slots. So pikes, great maul, long maul, english bill, swiss halberd.

As far as lancing goes, haven't noticed any problems with it myself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 03:36:44 am »
lolhammer is fine, your using it wrong. Get more PS you panzy! Also try maxing 1h with 24str and then using the lolhammer. You can ditch it and mess them up with ACS.

Can poke arc is dicks pants. Its being looked at, we just have to be patient. Hopefully they will be able to open it up a little bit depending on the type of lance. That will make a big difference.

Personally I find I cut people up good with a lance when the pointy end goes in the other man. Not many people survive. I'm on a Ferrari going flat chat so that probably helps.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 04:56:31 pm »
Exact opposite.

As lance cav, hitting a decent and aware archer already is incredibly difficult (as archers are humans, and everybody knows humans have no inertia and can jump 3 meters instantly without momentum). No cav can afford to hit multiple times the same target when there are archers everywhere (including the roofs) shooting a beam of pinpoint arrows at his horse.

Of all the possible aware targets, archers should be the easiest to kill for cav, next to one handers and reloading crossbowmen.
.  Exactly. Especially with me as light cav when I hit an archer am behind enemy lines and it has to be a sort of hit and run thing, that is impossible if archers can survive. Goin back even with my cata is sorta hard. I have 7ps and 5 riding and 130 wpf using a destrier at full pace should take an archer out.  I feel sorry for the people lancing with no wpf. And as for making all support weapons 3 slots.... I reckon that would see them die out. If you can afford the repairs being able to get another weapon out like a hafted blade should be aloud. At the moment people are having to get 1 hander prof into their build- unless they use the short spear. In the right hands that weapon is THE best xD.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 02:35:06 am »
As far as the long maul goes, I think it's fine. And I should know, I use it all the time. It is a support weapon after all.
As far as lancing goes, haven't noticed any problems with it myself.
imo if something is called a support weapon its usually nerfed
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 01:12:33 pm »
Imo, cav should have an obtuse-style jab effective angle variation with perhaps a 50 degree couch angle.. The obtuse-type jab should be around 120*, because if the lance is in your right hand, you can jab straight out 90*, and about 30* to your left side before being obstructed by your body. Thid differs from the original 180* as cavalry have a 60* blind spot on their left side...

The 45* or so angle for jabbing is stupid lol. Perhaps its good for couching idk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 01:35:02 pm »
Cav is OK the way it is (and my current build IS a cav with lance). Don't change it. I'm not good at all, so my kills are quite low, but there are superior cav-players around that do devastating damage.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 01:39:54 pm »
Even with 7 riding and 5 PS i usually oneshot people if i thrust them to head on my 47speed horsie.

Actually, with higher riding and lower PS i am doing better on horse, and even on feet cause my 163wpf allow me to spam, and you do not need million PS in order to stunlock a guy with shortened spear or something :)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 02:47:42 pm »
Change Str so it doesnt give 1hp per atribute and instead make IF give 4hp each, this would make archers either forced into having IF or just being made out of paper and dying instantly.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 01:37:30 pm »
I'd like to see the way lances do damage changed, increase the bonus from speed but lower the general damage. Losing all my hp from a guy poking at me one handed on a stationary horse? Really?