• cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: riding
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 10:23:49 pm »
18/21 would mean you are better mounted, 18/18 means you are better on foot.

Whatever you like better, if you are a godly knight, than go ahead for 18/21, if you are not, go 18/18 for some dismounted pwnage.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 10:32:26 am »
I'd go with 18/18 and a shield with a point or two of shield skill. It helps. With 18 agi your thrusts are fast enough that if you lose a horse duel, it was your error and not your build.

A agile horse really helps in horse to horse fights, which are one of the more fun things to do as a lancer. But I do generally manage on my rouncey. If you want to get (easier) kills, avoid skilled cavalry... if you want to make your team win, try to kill other cavalry.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 10:45:56 am »
Sarranid horse is better for fighting against other cavalry , courser is better for hit&runs vs infantry + good for catching horse archers occasionally. I would also say that due to it's speed courser tends to survive against ranged longer.  You can do well with both horses after some practice.

P.S. sarranid is a small agile horsie, courser is a strong sprinter beast, i think models should stay the way they are atm =).

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 12:10:04 pm »
If I were you, I'd go 18/21, save the three skillpoints and play a while. If you think you are too slow dismounted, put them into athletics, otherwise into shield.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 12:14:17 pm »
Sarranid horse is better for fighting against other cavalry , courser is better for hit&runs vs infantry + good for catching horse archers occasionally. I would also say that due to it's speed courser tends to survive against ranged longer.  You can do well with both horses after some practice.

P.S. sarranid is a small agile horsie, courser is a strong sprinter beast, i think models should stay the way they are atm =).

as i know you are good at playing cav, i would like to ask you, what your build is like?

and what items do you use the most?

thx

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 12:23:23 pm »
as i know you are good at playing cav, i would like to ask you, what your build is like?

and what items do you use the most?

thx
I'm a hybrid atm with only 100 wpp in polearms, so i'll give you my previous pure polearm build.
18str/21 agi (ninja edit sorry)

6ps
7riding ( didn't notice a huge differnence between 6 and 7 while using a sarranid horse though)
6athletics (some maps are just not made for cav)
7 wm
165 wpp in polearms
Skillpoints converted : 3
Mostly  light strange armor set , deadly---> masterwork heavy lance, heavy sarranid + courser, use any polearm you like, i suggest something reasonably cheap though, glaive/lhb/lhsm would do.

You can also go 15/21 to take some iron flesh or other skills you like, or take less athletics, i just like the ability of being effective both on foot and mounted. With a courser on full speed you'd probably still 1shot most people with a non-heirloomed heavy lance and 5 ps , but with a sarranid horse some people may survive.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:25:36 pm by Shogunate_Ujin »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:18 pm »
i assume you mean 18 str/21 agi?

and tyvm

btw, that is a lvl 31 build, i have 3 less skill points

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 01:01:41 pm »
18 str
18 agi

6 IF
6 PS
6 riding
6 ath
6 WM
2 shield

Offline Janis_Corp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Janis_Corp
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 03:59:45 pm »
Sarranid are not just good against cav,the are too good on small maps or villages because they good movement allow them for fast rotations.

On Hilly maps u can let the horse stall.

Courser is good for open maps but to lame for me,but because of their speed the damage with lance are higher when you meet someone,

a Sarranid horse with heirloom Lance and in Right Hand are Nightmare
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:01:25 pm by Janis_Corp »

Offline Assarhaddon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Not with knowledge nor skill, but pure luck baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 04:59:08 pm »
I love the Courser's speed.

But remember that speed is allways working against you aswell!
Any hit you give OR take will get the same speed bonus boost.

Take archer that shoot you (behind some rock of course) now that arrow if it hits you gets your horsies speed bonus.
Courser can easily get 200% to 300% damage speed bonuses.
That Khergit bows 24 cut and Khergit arrows 7 pierce damage are now: 48 - 72 cut damage + 14 - 21 pierce damage = insta kill what ever it hits, be it the horse or the rider.  :shock:
If you use Heavy Lance thats 27 pierce damage at full gallop those 200% or 300% speed bonus are now: 54 - 81 pierce damage = insta kill to all but heavy inf with lots of HP.   :twisted:

Now how many times in a round you get to attack a player that does not know how to down block or does not carry a shield or is otherwise clueless? (aka does not take cover in hills, buildings, etc.)
And, how many arrows, bolts or throwing weapons you think is gonno get fired at your horse in one round?

That Sarranid horse with less speed but more maneuver to dodge those arrows suddenly starts to sound like a good alternative.
Witch ever horse you choose, been cavalry is deadly (to both  rider and victim) but ever so fun.

Offline Janis_Corp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Janis_Corp
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 05:13:32 pm »
U cant use Sarranid horse like a Destrier or Amored horse,just fast attack and  withdraw (Hit and Run)
Now with so much Throwers its much harder