Author Topic: Make the Flamburge sheathable!  (Read 2742 times)

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
Re: Make the Flamburge sheathable!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 11:03:38 am »
+1
Atleast at one point in all of our lives.. We have pondered the age old question: "Wait... Why can you sheath glaives, long hafted blades, awlpikes, great long bardiches, long bardiches etc. And not the flamberge, yet all these weapons are longer?"

I have thought that just now. If you people litter this thread saying "balance reasons", you obviously must be deluded. The great long bardiche is better in every way (+1 speed, +3 reach, bonus against shields sheathable. So think of that first. Kthx

/end rant
You got the problem right, but the solution reversed - ALL these weapons should have been unsheathable.

I dont know what stupid game started this trend of sheathing weapons on your back being cool. Yes it is, if you are about to march all day and have absolutely NO intention to use this weapon today, then maybe. It is actually much more cooler and tactically interesting game-wise, when you can only carry one oversized weapon and it drops to the ground when you pull out a secondary. Nearly all poles and 2H weapons should be unsheathable.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
Re: Make the Flamburge sheathable!
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 11:24:58 am »
+1
You got the problem right, but the solution reversed - ALL these weapons should have been unsheathable.

I dont know what stupid game started this trend of sheathing weapons on your back being cool. Yes it is, if you are about to march all day and have absolutely NO intention to use this weapon today, then maybe. It is actually much more cooler and tactically interesting game-wise, when you can only carry one oversized weapon and it drops to the ground when you pull out a secondary. Nearly all poles and 2H weapons should be unsheathable.

Well, for balance purposes, despite the obvious flaw in realism, I think they should be sheathable. As for the solution, I think any weapon in excess of 150 reach, should be unsheathable, or make the flamberge sheathable. One or the other, because it's just silly atm.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:26:12 am by Black Wind »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.