Author Topic: I'm really not for buffing horses even as cavalry, but... can we stop this?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
replace horse rearing with doubled dmg against horses

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
I've never seen a horse stop due to a pike or something in his ass o.O

Only stopping for a pike in their front or side which is actually good and realistic.

What is even more retarded is horses just running you over when you stab a sword into their chest or plated charger continuing to run after you stabbed their chest with a pike.  THAT is odd :rolleyes:

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Waiiiiiiiiit, are you seriously complaining about pikes stopping you and killing you,  a bit like how they should work? Okay.

If a god damned pike stopped your horse right in the face, it should not even have the chance to attempt to run away in the first fucking place, you should consider yourself lucky and happy that you still have a little chance of getting away.

Oh, how many times have I reared a horse by piking him in the face with him going FULL FUCKING SPEED AT ME only for the horse to rear, ignore any of my other hits because lol I'm a motherfucking tank on 4 legs, and just run away in the beautiful sunset.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:14:34 pm by Patricia »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I still think rearing should be replaced by double damage or instakill when the pike/spear is in a special x-key anticav-mode, during which the spearman is stationary. A horse standing up on its hindlegs from full gallop is a bit silly. When running into a spear, the horse would either continue running, or crash land.

But yeah, from a pure gameplay perspective, the rearing is fine. Anything else would need a complete cavalry overhaul.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Nope, completely incorrect.

1) your horse has to be hit in the chest/front region
2) you must be moving toward the direction of the spear is hitting horse

Pikemen are able to pike wiggle and hit your horse in the front if you only turn 90 degrees away from the initial rearing.  If you turn 270 degrees or more before you ride away, this rarely ever happens.

hmmm turning 270 degrees in one direction = turning 90 degrees in the other direction, so according to your line of thought, it ALWAYS happens!