Author Topic: Plated Charger.  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
Re: Plated Charger.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 06:48:50 pm »
Wall of text was seen, nothing was read.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 06:50:22 pm »
I'm not barking at toreo as a tradition (ritual sacrifice, as you put it), the only thing that got me was the fact that you wrote that there is anything fair about it.

If the bull is truly great, he will be spared: That's how you get more baby bulls, the best fighting bulls are not killed, and become stud bulls for the rest of their lives, living in luxury and "servicing" as many cows as they see fit.

Fair IS the wrong word, your right: The odds are stacked against the bull, but if he fights hard enough he WILL get to life out a nice life in the best taurine conditions around, and if he is lucky he can also very easily kill the torero. So, it is not FAIR, but he isnt being led to a gaschamber either, he has got a chance. It's more than most farmed animals get, and it's a better life they had before, and if they survive they get the best life imaginable to a bull: food, females, and running space to charge about and graze as they want. No bull could ask for more. I think it is fitting that they live and die as gladiators, with the very best genes passed to the next generations, after all these are FIGHTING bulls, even the cows fight, for fun AND defence.

So, your right, it was wrong to call it fair: But I still say I would rather live as these bulls do than be ANY other cattle. They come willingly to fight, they are not led to a boltgun and a painful slash from behind. They are kings amongst bovines!
sigh.
Nice video.

Ask yourself.. do you want to be reincarnated as an industrial chicken or as a bull. And yes, some of you fuckers are coming back as chickens.

Im coming back as a Toro Bravo. They are so beautiful.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:06 pm »
I understand that it may seem mean to make these bulls "fight". But you havent understood the "fight". There is nothing modern or civilized about the Torero, its simple and ancient worship of the bull. There is no "fun" for the man in the suit of lights, and there is no fun for the crowd. "Entertainment" doesn't always equal fun. They come to see the killing of the bull. An animal bred for almost 20,000 years to fight, bravely and honourably, untill the death. And that is just in its modern form. This animal will never try to sneak attack, or to run away. It is the most noble of all animals. The crowd come to see how a man uses his WILL to dominate this animal, and to have confirmed for them that although men cheat and steal and backstab, purity of purpose and will still excist.

As to "doesn't even understand", the bull understands: It is bred, raised and trained to fight. It is IN the ring because it is the of the BEST genetic material, it LIVES to fight. If the bull does NOT fight, you cannot MAKE it fight. If the bull refuses to fight, it is taken from the ring.

"Can't really defend itself" ??!! There is no Torero alive today without many scars where he has lost a match against a great bull. We remember the names of ALL the great fighters in my culture: Both men AND bulls.

How do you think the genes are past on? The bravest and strongest bulls are not killed, once they have fought and proved how great they are, they become stud bulls for the next generation: These animals are not captured from the wild and baited to fight, nor are they hunted with technology:

One man puts his very LIFE on the line: His purpose is not simply to KILL: He stands in front of the bull and gets the BEST from that bull, he builds that bull up, he builds it up and gets the best from it, he bends and shapes the bull, giving it encouragement, and bravery, and keeping things fair: if he makes one mistake, the bull will kill him, and the bull knows this also.

These animals are kept in the best manner untill they are ready to fight, they live at extraordinary expense. I would rather be kept in such condition, the very lap of luxury, untill the day came that I gave my ALL to show how great I was, than to live as the rest of the taurine population does: Kept in the bare legal minimum of coditions, fed on offal and other things unnatural to a bovine, untill I was slain with no chance to fight for my life.

Man, me coming from Portugal, the best bit about tourada (I'll call it from my mother tongue dammit!) is the 8 men trying to tag the tails, while the first man is trying to make the bull mad, result? The bull dominates the first man and sometimes even kills them!

have a look
http://youtu.be/Hw0sajf07kA?t=58s
Also ours isn't as gruesome as the spanish, we herd the bull back and end his misery by a professional butcher, and use it for food, mostly for the cavaleiro, We might spare the animal and let it live its last days just breeding.
EDIT: Found out the name, Its called the "Pega".

Wall of text was seen, nothing was read.

In typical risen fashion I see, your post had so much contribution it just ended this quite good discussion, thank you, without posts like those our forums would be so much faster, but alas one can dream!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:19:52 pm by H4rdn3ssKill3r »
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:22 pm »
Not very nice end for those bulls I agree. Some very poor practises shown in that video: bad matadors can hurt the bull too much for too long, it is a superstar job in Spain tho, so some politicking takes place and not always the best bullfighters have the best billing, and the age of Television and ppl like Manolete who just showed off have taken a heavy toll on a noble act of bullworshipping sacrifice. I think it is not a "sport" and should not be televised tbh. Imagine how great the cult of the bull was in franco-iberia that over 2000 years since the Romans inposed their religions on Europe and we still sacrifice them.

Watched it again: was saddened again for those particular animals: no good matador would do that to a bull: removing the horn-tips is despicaple practise, good torero refuses to fight such an animal, robbed of his weapons: as the lady said, they cannot fight ever remotely once their hornsize it altered: their balance and reach is altered and the centre of the "shaved" horn is soft tissue not horn, those are not bulls anymore than heiffers are: the mounted-combat was bulls is also not a real faena ever, its ugly:

This has all got out of hand: We all have our own opinions and thats great: Now to get this train back on the tracks:

When I'm on foot with only my elder's dagger and a plated chargernoob is galloping at me I feel like im being bullrushed, and its fun to vanquish them for sport. In a game. Not in real life. I'm not stupid enough to stand infront of a fighting bull. And probably not tall enough...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:54:58 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »
Watched it again: was saddened again for those particular animals: no good matador would do that to a bull: removing the horn-tips is despicaple practise, good torero refuses to fight such an animal, robbed of his weapons: as the lady said, they cannot fight ever remotely once their hornsize it altered: their balance and reach is altered and the centre of the "shaved" horn is soft tissue not horn, those are not bulls anymore than heiffers are: the mounted-combat was bulls is also not a real faena ever, its ugly:

They have to, Be truthfull, going up to a bull and waving your ass around knowing you're gonna get hammered by a huge fucking bull is better than what a matador will do.
Would you like to do that with razor sharp horns?

In our torada, the "matador" is only used to make the beast mad, the "cavaleiro" does the stabbing/throwing, they aren't matadors, they use small tiped javelins, the lance is not from the "Tourada" its probably from somewhere else, never in my time of watching it (I watched my first one with my dad at age of 6 :3) in portugal have I ever seen a lance being used.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 01:21:25 am »
i like turtles
Turtles

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 02:44:07 am »
i like turtles

Turtle soup?

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 02:46:35 am »
Bring back the gladiatorial games I say, that'd be awesome as fuck and be a good international trolling.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 07:33:12 am »