Poll

Buff Arabian Warhorse

Yes + 45000 Cost
17 (51.5%)
No
16 (48.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: [Stats] Buff the Arabian Warhorse  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: [Stats] Buff the Arabian Warhorse
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 01:07:27 am »
shut the fuck up leshma, someone mute him, what you are talking about has NOTHING to do with the thread

in fact, being 2 hander is WAY easier then being cav, i can get 20+ kills a map with either build, thing is against cav they have a chance to win jousts when i'm cav.  When I'm using a german greatsword, they pretty much have no chance to out lance me. 

The Arabian Warhorse was a shitty horse before, and is way worse now, was basically nerfed out of the game.  Congratulations, I guess?

It'd be OK if it could take more arrows, as it is it literally dies to 1 arrow, kind of silly.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 01:30:33 pm »
Leshma: idiotic biased piece of shit, it is known. Incidentally, Leshma, please make a cav character. It will make me laugh. Pretty sure you did have one at some point, when all bandits went cav. Pretty sure you were also fucking terrible with it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:31:39 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 03:55:48 pm »
+1
in fact, being 2 hander is WAY easier then being cav

:lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1320
  • Infamy: 2352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »
Leshma: idiotic biased piece of shit, it is known. Incidentally, Leshma, please make a cav character. It will make me laugh. Pretty sure you did have one at some point, when all bandits went cav. Pretty sure you were also fucking terrible with it.

I like the new Oberyn. He is so full of win. In every single post.

Guess I'm outnumbered...

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »
You know that the riding skill improves the base stats or whatever of your horse.
So actually, the "effective"  maneuver of the arabian warhorse, with 7 riding skills, is really out of the world.
If you give it more hp, more armor, more speed, then it will fear no range (easy to avoid, and easy to quickly get in killing range) and other cavs (easu tou outmaneuver, and can even outspeed them) while also being way harder to kill ?

One thing the 7 riding skills requirement did, was actually make the cav realised how much benefit they have when upping this riding skill. Not specially a burden.

It's not cause it has high requiring skills that it has to be "unstoppable", else you'll soon see 2h (*cough* leshma *cough*) asking for a 21 str requirement sword with as much speed as the katana, but with 45 swing cut damage... or archer asking for a 8 PD bow with the same speed as the rus bow, and 5 more missile speed and damage than the longbow...

I wouldn't mind if it gets +5 health. But that's really all. You can't have the most maneuvrable horse, and with high survivability and high charge damage.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »
Isn't the improvement only FROM the baseline requirements? If I have 7 riding skill and use the arabian, there's no bonus from riding skill. The bonus only takes effect from 8+.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »
Guess I'm outnumbered...

chadz doesn't read every post, he just likes it when people defend devs. Also all my posts have always been full of win, so I don't know what he's talking about XD.
Seriously though, weren't you cav at some point? Have you even played after lance angle nerf? Did you ever use the arabian with the new requirements? Cause I remember you as a pretty bad heavy cav.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 07:48:04 pm »
Isn't the improvement only FROM the baseline requirements? If I have 7 riding skill and use the arabian, there's no bonus from riding skill. The bonus only takes effect from 8+.
Sigh. Why do people still believe this?

No, you gain the bonus from skillpoint 1 and every single after that. 7 Riding gives you the riding bonus*7 as does shieldskill as does PS as does PT as does athletics as does PD as does IF as does EVERY single one.

The ONLY thing that is different is Power Draw which has an UPPER limit of requirement +4. You still get the bonus for those beneath, but if you got more than 4 over the requirement it stops boosting.

Understood?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 07:59:57 pm »
450000k?

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »

No, you gain the bonus from skillpoint 1 and every single after that. 7 Riding gives you the riding bonus*7 as does shieldskill as does PS as does PT as does athletics as does PD as does IF as does EVERY single one.

The ONLY thing that is different is Power Draw which has an UPPER limit of requirement +4. You still get the bonus for those beneath, but if you got more than 4 over the requirement it stops boosting.

Understood?

i was recently told that the riding skill bonus was nerfed heavily with WSE and it feels like it too.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 10:15:16 pm »
Dont we all just miss the jet warponies?

No.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:17 pm »
the whole thing that made those horses op was when used with high riding, raising the riding req dosnt make sense

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 11:29:03 pm »

Understood?

Because documentation for anything on cRPG is total crap? Yes, it's understood, it's not exactly rocket science. Don't need to be a dick about it, bro.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 11:39:45 pm »
Because documentation for anything on cRPG is total crap? Yes, it's understood, it's not exactly rocket science. Don't need to be a dick about it, bro.
No. This is not cRPG. This is not even Warband. This is Mount and Blade itself. I also tried to not be a dick about it, but it really comes up all the time. Sorry if it offended you but I'm just tired of having to explain obvious stuff to people. (nvm that I just came from Stronghold gamemode with every secound player spamming "WHAT IS THIS! OMG I GOTZ NO WAPPPONZ! OMFG BUILDINGS! IMMA DESTROY THEM!) So sorry if I sounded offensive.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia