Author Topic: Is this bannable?  (Read 12454 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Is this bannable?
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2012, 05:10:42 am »
If someone is taking things to an extreme degree of hate they will be pretty quickly muted.. if  someone is more towing the line but someone complains to admins they will be asked to stop and if they don't comply they will be muted.  If they leave and rejoin to evade the mute they will be kicked/banned.  Not really too complicated here.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2012, 05:13:05 am »
+3
Admins shouldn't have to waste their time on crap like this.  You should find better adjectives to describe people you don't like.  Its not even about being offended by the word(s) - its just frankly irritating to see it get slung over chat.  The server chat is not your guild's forum or ventrilo server, its akin to a public space and people need to check their attitudes when dealing with others or prepare to be confronted about their shitty attitude.

On the other hand people should be thick skinned and understand the concept of good-natured ribbing.  If you take offense to somebody who did not intent harm then YOU are the one at fault.  Common sense aint so damn common.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2012, 05:34:30 am »
+1
You either allow ALL offensive things or allow NONE of it.

So, very little of the real world operates like that, online or real life...  :?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Orbas

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Martian_Of_Chaos, LittleGreenMan
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:30 am »
On the other hand people should be thick skinned and understand the concept of good-natured ribbing.  If you take offense to somebody who did not intent harm then YOU are the one at fault.  Common sense aint so damn common.

Agreed 100%.  This is a pointless thread.  "Omg he called me a bundle of sticks".  So what,  are you gay? If not, why care what some one on the interwebz thinks of you?  Even if you are gay, which is completely fine.  You should know that sooner or later you will come across small minded individuals that can't accept diversity and therefore you should also know that people like that don't deserve the time of day for your attention or anyone else for that matter.  It's just words composed of pixels on a screen for you to visually interpret, so it's up to you how you take it.  For my 2 cents, fuck 'em.  They don't know you or anything about you, why get so riled over the fact of some trash talk?  Just ram your sword down their throat and give them the casual "GG bundle of sticks"
"Quiet! Listen, people. This team is not about egos or wardrobes or publicity. It's about handling threats larger than any hero can alone."

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:14 pm »
+1
Agreed 100%.  This is a pointless thread.  "Omg he called me a bundle of sticks".  So what,  are you gay? If not, why care what some one on the interwebz thinks of you?  Even if you are gay, which is completely fine.  You should know that sooner or later you will come across small minded individuals that can't accept diversity and therefore you should also know that people like that don't deserve the time of day for your attention or anyone else for that matter.  It's just words composed of pixels on a screen for you to visually interpret, so it's up to you how you take it.  For my 2 cents, fuck 'em.  They don't know you or anything about you, why get so riled over the fact of some trash talk?  Just ram your sword down their throat and give them the casual "GG bundle of sticks"

*rolls eyes*  Oh how my OP is so misconstrued.  I find that most people in this world spend more time thinking about what they are going to say rather then listen to what people have to say. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login