Poll

Are permanent bans too harsh for offences like: Glitching, offensive language and trolling?

No. Shutting off people from the game they paid for is a just punishment for swearing.
41 (58.6%)
Yes, permanent bans are too harsh for offenive language and most other bad behaviour.
29 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: [Bans & Mutes] Permanent too harsh?  (Read 5405 times)

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
Re: [Bans & Mutes] Permanent too harsh?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 05:34:57 am »
This matter is between Sudo and the AEF, if Sudo finds it unfair then he should contact myself or Humv/Miku.

I wasn't abusing anybody, save you, persay. I called you a name that is hardly offensive, and you seemingly spat the dummy.

The reason why, was purely because you have a prejudice against me. This frustrated me immensely, and lead to my downfall ironically.

I thought you could tolerate such a lightweight title. But I stand corrected.

------------------------------------------

That is my perspective on the issue. So, if there's anything I've missed, please enlighten me?

EDIT: Oh, for the record. I didn't come up with that name, or any other names. And I was under the impression it was tolerable.

I must admit though, I am disappointed that you didn't hold up with the "Mute sudo whenever he's on idea", because if you upheld that, I wouldn't be in this position now would I? lol.

Lastly, I don't find it unfair, it's good and I find it just. I am quite aware that I am a dickhead on the server sometimes.

So is there an EST on the issue?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:54:13 am by Black Wind »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 07:40:22 am »
This thread is pointless.

If it was started due to something that happened on the AUS server or some other server, then contact them and don't drag it in public.

If someone is permanently banned, then they can appeal to the devs via forum PMs or on IRC, there is no rule against communication so permanent bans are not permanent if you can convince the devs that we should give a damn about you with a good arguement.

Lastly, you sure as hell are not, by any stretch of the imagination, entitled to cRPG, so play nice or you can get out and no one will care.

This game is rated in almost every country for teenagers or higher, so there is no excuse for someone acting like a jackass.

Grow up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:47:41 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 07:46:10 am »
This thread is pointless.

If it was started due to something that happened on the AUS server or some other server, then contact them and don't drag it in public.

If someone is permanently banned, then they can appeal to the devs via forum PMs or on IRC, there is no rule against communication so permanent bans are not permanent if you can convince the devs that we should give a damn about you with a good arguement.

Lastly, you sure as hell are not, by any stretch of the imagination, entitled to cRPG, so play nice or you can get out and no one will care.

This game is rated in almost every country for teenagers or higher, so there is no excuse for someone acting like a jackass.

Grow up.

This thread was not created about a ban that happened in Australia, but it is/was being discussed here, as it is relevant to the thread as of yesterday... Ease up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 07:47:21 am »
This thread was not created about a ban that happened in Australia, but it is/was being discussed here, as it is relevant to the thread as of yesterday... Ease up.

My other points still stand.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 11:35:52 am »
So this is a prison island drama thread now? Better than Oz, would watch again.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2011, 02:14:35 pm »
Ok, I understand that this forum may be confused by someone who are new to internet (and who obiously don't understand that you need to act polite to those who own the sites you are on), but it seems you posted this in the wrong forum. Heres the ban/unban forum:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,38.0.html