Author Topic: tweek the cataphrac  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: tweek the cataphrac
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 01:19:28 am »
Just stopping in to say that the armored horses plague the NA servers like gonorrhea plagues a whore's vag.  They are far too common an occurrence given their power.

Perhaps they are too easy to use? They are the most effective horses in the game, yet they all require only 5 fucking riding. Should not the most unkillable horses in the game require that their riders be dedicated cavalry players with 18+ agility?

The most agile horses require high riding. But for some inane reason the most survivable horses don't.

the na plated horse problem exists because of the no upkeep under 26 regulation i would persume...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 09:38:41 am »
saying the armored horses are the most effective is for me wrong.
The lighter horses have speed and manoeuvrability. Which gives you a large advantage vs infantry and evade from enemy inf and arrows.

What i tend to notice when i play an inf/archer is that no one aims for the armored horses roming around, like if it was not rewarding.
I love shooting at them :D

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 09:52:14 am »
Torben, why dont u make a item balance request with poll and everything?

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:55 am »
Torben, why dont u make a item balance request with poll and everything?

haters are gonna hate. And horse haters even more

this tweak is justified but the op got -4 on his first message
just an idea of a tweak/buff to cav makes people have their hair stand up and enter into an uncontrolable rage  :D

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:42 am »
ya,  i already thought about proposing to lactose because of giving op a +1. its really sad.  lactose and cepesi,  what do you think would be the best kinda tweak to its stats/price?
i will put up a poll non the less aad am tending to rally for more maneuver,  as that would be unique in´this segment.  although probably no one would support it,  because lots o them are conformist self indulged bastards ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 10:52:51 am »
ya,  i already thought about proposing to lactose because of giving op a +1. its really sad.  lactose and cepesi,  what do you think would be the best kinda tweak to its stats/price?
i will put up a poll non the less aad am tending to rally for more maneuver,  as that would be unique in´this segment.  although probably no one would support it,  because lots o them are conformist self indulged bastards ^^

i do play cav just after the "nerf", so i do not have such background as you Torben, or pretty much any other long time cav, but i do think that this piece of art deserves some love  :mrgreen:  me personally would go with the maneuver boost, i try to learn how to avoid teammates, but with cata is way too hard :( For its price it should have something, that pays off the dinari needed to purchase/upkeep. (or gold, or whatever the ingame currency is)

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:09:57 am »
I'm actually in french law class ( yea it sucks ) so i cant really analyse what would be the best. Iv been playin cav for quite a while now, maybe youv seen me around.

iv always been a courser rider and recently decided to ride and loom my cata horse.
For me its harder to ride the heavier horses. It forgives mistakes but gives less power because of lack of speed.
I ride the cata because it look cools and it sticks to the theme of my clan

i cant compare speed or manoeuver to other horses right now. (internet connection on phone, you get me)
but one of your idea is wrong. Giving it 43 maneouver. Hasnt the sarranid horse got 46??
That would be too high.
Now i can do pretty much well on my cata but i dont feel disadvantaged. So id say a price decrease coz one thing i did notice is the 20k i lost riding that horse!

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 11:26:29 am »
yeah ive seen you around ^^

you are right 43 maneuver is a lot,  the sarranid has 48 though.  it  would equal the rounceys maneuver, which is ok i imo.  but i am growing reserved to this thought aswell just because the lowering of price would be the least game-changing and therefor most easy to implement. ill try to make up my mind about this today.  my primary reasoning stays:  it would make the cataphrac very special in the line of armored horses...

i try to learn how to avoid teammates, but with cata is way too hard
its not the horses fault mate : D  dont worry you will get the hang of it.  btw try playing with its speed when approaching places where high maneuver is needed as the slower it gets,  the easier you can avoid shit

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 11:55:42 am »

its not the horses fault mate : D  dont worry you will get the hang of it.  btw try playing with its speed when approaching places where high maneuver is needed as the slower it gets,  the easier you can avoid shit

yeah, sometimes i do some sort of slalom while we spawn, riding thru the blob and trying to avoid everyone  :mrgreen:
it is indeed just matter of time till i get hang on it, but its damn fun, no matter the expenses :D i found out i am bumping teammates much more on destrier (only somewhat faster horse i can ride), the heavy ones are cool for slowridebump support, but hey, still learnin..

back on topic: price reduction would be awesome, not like i lack money or anything, but some of my pals ride horses and cannot afford to do so for all the time :(  How about we just make all the heavy horses have same stats and just different model, so noone could say: hey this one is OP  :mrgreen:

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:06 pm »
I looked up the horse stats and this is what I have to say

You can already forget about the manoeurver idea at 43, the destrier has got 42.

I moslty was interested by the stats of the warhorse, the alrge warhorse and the cata

Warhorse
hit points: 120
body armor: 40
difficulty: 5
speed: 41
maneuver: 41
charge: 36

Largewarhorse
hit points: 130
body armor: 43
speed: 40

With the largewarhorse you gain more HP, armor and only lose 1 speed for a difference oh price of less then 2k!

For me speed and manoeuver are more important values then the rest but Imho the gain of armor and hp compensates more then enough losing 1 speed point

now lets compare LW and cata

LW
hit points: 130
body armor: 43
speed: 40

cata
hit points: 120
body armor: 47
speed: 38
maneuver: 40
charge: 38

cata wins 4 body armor and 2 charge points. but it looses 2 speed 1 manoeuver 10 hit points and costs about 9.5k more

large warhorse wins.

i think for the cata horse a 1 speed point could be added and bring down the gold

my 2 cents
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:33:15 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 02:43:26 pm »
Good arguments.
I share the opinion of Torben and lactose. Not because I also use a Cata. But because it is not better in comparison with the two "Warhorses"(stats), and yet it is more expensive.
It really need some tweek.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:48 pm »
There some hidden stat that are not listed on website, like size model of horse.
If I remember correctly cata one of the smallest was 98 and destrier one of the biggest was 110
It small size make it very convenient for 2h and 1h as it is easier to hit infantry, it was the only small armored horse with mameluk all the other had big models.

I also suspect smaller horse with same maneuver to turn faster than bigger one but i m really not sure.

Maybe all that need to be taken into account, or already has by the umbalancing team ?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 07:39:21 pm »
put the cata to maneuver 42 because its basically an armored steppe horse.

/fin,
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."