Author Topic: Ban polls  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
Re: Ban polls
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 05:51:55 pm »
Here's an idea: Make kick/ban polls like the QML.  If you start a poll and its rejected, you lose a multiplier.

This can be applied to ban polls only perhaps...I'd like to see it applied to all polls so they aren't spammed.

+1
 :D
would be a good idea
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Amoebe

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »
+1
My 2 ideas (probably often suggested elsewhere):

1. Server should auto-enable polls at round start and disable them after x seconds round time (x 30-60 i would think)

This would keep polls to the beginning of battle, so they aren't that disturbing and the chance that people actually look at it before pressing 1 or 2 is higher. Therefor the results should be less random.

2. Add the possibility to add a reason to the poll which will be sent by the server.

Right now i mostly see dead people starting polls (e.g. because they just got tk'ed) and so only other dead guys can see the reason (if they give any). If the reason was sent via server message/something like that everyone could see the reason and again that should make results less random. Although a "dead to living message channel" for everyone might be abused.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 06:01:44 pm »
Yeah, well, xant ban-polled me the other day... I had done nothing to deserve it, yet, x3 gone and me banned banned from eu1.

What? Lies and slander.. I have no recollection of this event.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.