Author Topic: Byzantium_II - Please unban me from NA_CRPG 1  (Read 762 times)

Offline Sicily

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Byzantium_II - Please unban me from NA_CRPG 1
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:37:08 am »
Hello,

I was recently banned from NA_CRPG 1. I was aiming my crossbow at a player from the other team when R_Kelly from my team runs his horse right in front of me at the moment I shoot and I accidently kill his horse. After he is knocked off, he fires an arrow at me and misses, but pulls back again. I wasn't really in the mood to have a revenge duel so I killed him so I could continue playing without interruption from him. Moments later I am banned.

Now I could understand a warning, and maybe even a kick, but to straight-up ban me? Seems a little extreme. Anyways, I am requesting to be unbanned.

Thanks

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Byzantium_II - Please unban me from NA_CRPG 1
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:27 am »
Hello,

I was recently banned from NA_CRPG 1. I was aiming my crossbow at a player from the other team when R_Kelly from my team runs his horse right in front of me at the moment I shoot and I accidently kill his horse. After he is knocked off, he fires an arrow at me and misses, but pulls back again. I wasn't really in the mood to have a revenge duel so I killed him so I could continue playing without interruption from him. Moments later I am banned.

Now I could understand a warning, and maybe even a kick, but to straight-up ban me? Seems a little extreme. Anyways, I am requesting to be unbanned.

Thanks

Remind me again if you have read the rules, and how much you expect a warning if you know you are doing something bad due to being a veteran player?

Do you understand exactly what rules you broke?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 06:33:11 am »
^ Who is the hot asian chick in your avatar Tears?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:43:21 am »
^ Who is the hot asian chick in your avatar Tears?

This section is for ban/unban requests, everything else will be considered spam and sanctioned accordingly.
Only posts allowed are on-topic posts by the people asking for a ban/unban, admins and people that can provide relevant information regarding the individual case.

• Do not post here if you don't have something directly case-related to say. No general discussion whether a rule is fair, how admin is nub etc. Take those things elsewhere, keep this area clear.

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sicily

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 06:46:01 am »
Remind me again if you have read the rules, and how much you expect a warning if you know you are doing something bad due to being a veteran player?

Do you understand exactly what rules you broke?

What I did was an offense and it was at the admins discretion to do what he wanted. He went to the extreme. Maybe he was a friend of R_Kelly, I don't know. Regardless, If I am being attacked by an ally intentionally I will fight back. I have a feeling the admin did not the whole story, since whoever plays R_Kelly seems to be extremely trollish. I have never been warned in my year of playing, nor have I been kicked or banned before. This would have technically been my first offense.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:54:05 am »
What I did was an offense and it was at the admins discretion to do what he wanted. He went to the extreme. Maybe he was a friend of R_Kelly, I don't know. Regardless, If I am being attacked by an ally intentionally I will fight back. I have a feeling the admin did not the whole story, since whoever plays R_Kelly seems to be extremely trollish. I have never been warned in my year of playing, nor have I been kicked or banned before. This would have technically been my first offense.

I was the one who banned you. I normally would have kicked first, but the last 24 hours had consisted of "Bait RKelly since he is a know troll and get him banned" so I was tired of already kicking people for provoking him (not that I am saying you did or did not provoke him), so my patience was shrinking at that point and from my vantage point I turned around just to see you shoot him so from my perspective it looked like an unprovoked intentional TK. I understand that Game Admins can miss the whole story and do inevitably make bad judgement calls. However...

This is my problem

The above link shows an important point that I really want to make clear, that revenge team wounding and revenge team killing is not allowed, ever:
  • chadz said so.
  • We can't always figure out who attacked who first.
  • It promotes vigilantism which can be easily exploited to hide deliberate provocations and trolling.
  • chadz said so.

I will agree to shorten the ban, if we can reach an agreement on this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:55:21 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:00:34 am »
Once I got teamkilled at spawn, and as I died hordes of people started to kill the guy who killed me.

Feelt good bro. Otherwise, inapproperiate for this thread uhmm...

Lets make it somehow almost approperiate, I would have done the same thing. x:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Sicily

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:01:44 am »
I can agree to that. I don't normally pay attention to stories, so I didn't know that R_Kelly was being griefed. I do know that he is a bit of a loudmouth and says some really dumb shit, so I wouldn't be surprised. I still think a warning would have sufficed. There are way worse people who play on these servers than me that need to be banned. Making an example of me I don't think would have really helped.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 07:07:22 am »
I can agree to that.
Thank you, I will lift the ban. I apologize if I overreacted.

Please enjoy your time, and have a good day.

Ban for Sicily has been lifted.