Author Topic: Gold income is ridicously low.  (Read 704 times)

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
Gold income is ridicously low.
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »
So, gold income in town is going lower and lower, in most towns is near 40 now, and it will sink further since everyone will go in towns. Upkeep is really high, and we don't gain money from playing crpg (finally  :D ).

How are we supposed to mantain and equip our armies? Taxes from outsiders in villages?
But who have money to both pay taxes in villages and mantain an army? I guess nobody.
Also is silly to think now that we will not kick them, hordes of randomers will go in our villages. What can they do? Most of clanless (and even clanned) people will not play strategus because it's boring. They can't raise a decent army and that's the only fun thing you can do in current strat.

Please chadz at least raise income on towns until you get a complex economy, let us play and test battles etc without having to struggle to find food for our troops and having to fight most battles with peasants equip
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:46:36 pm by Sharky »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Gold income is ridicously low.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:45:47 pm »
I'm not finding the announcement dealing with the equipment wipe...can someone link me or point me in the right direction?

How did you find out you can't make gold from playing c-rpg any more, just something you've witnessed?  I personally don't mind the gold income what it is in the towns.  Everyone is on the same playing field...either we're all making more or we're all making less, but we're all essentially making the same...so it shouldn't really matter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:42 pm »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:24 pm »
thanks tears...i don't know why chadz doesn't sticky his posts (especially large game update posts)...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:36 pm »
I'm not finding the announcement dealing with the equipment wipe...can someone link me or point me in the right direction?

How did you find out you can't make gold from playing c-rpg any more, just something you've witnessed?  I personally don't mind the gold income what it is in the towns.  Everyone is on the same playing field...either we're all making more or we're all making less, but we're all essentially making the same...so it shouldn't really matter.
Well chadz said this changes are also for allowing fiefless clans and randomers to play strat, but i think it's too early to care about this. Clanless people will not be interested in the browser part of strat anyway, since they can't do the only thing you can do in current strat: raise a decent army and attack somewhere.
And please don't tell that they can always sell their troops and strat gold for crpg gold, if that's your idea of an economic system strategus will be really a sad place...

Also after clans will take all towns, they will raise taxes destroying further their effectivness (or maybe clans will kick all from their towns and fill them with clan buddies, if it will be more profitable).
Anyway, fiefless people will have to pay taxes to get money, and other taxes to recuit.

And we will all have to play with really shitty equip  :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:02:33 pm by Sharky »