Author Topic: Add something that shows how much damage you deliver  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Add something that shows how much damage you deliver
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:06 pm »
Is there not already some maps with the hay dummies that show damage?

BTW, I must say I am against this active feature. By active I mean that you could see your damage on the server while striking.

I bet whole chat would be flooded with "OMG I DEALT 70 DMG ON YOU AND YOU STILL KILLED ME LUCKY BTCH". Not to mention that some weapons would be left completely useless.

Guys, the medieval skirmishes were not about numbers, but about the trusting your weapon to deal the damage you expect. Heck, some people even thought that their swords had magical attributes.

Why would you want this unique game that takes count of your character's attributes, your opponents character attributes, stats of the armor he uses, stats and type of dmg of weapon you currently use, your current movement speed and his movement speed, to calculate all that and show the magical number while undoubtedly ruining immersion of this unique combat game?

Because any sense of immersion in WB is already gone for those that played several thousand hours and are now only interested in the competitive aspects of the game. It would also help balance the game and maybe solve bugs.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 08:23:02 pm »
What you want is just not good enough excuse masked by the fact that you want to have ultimate bang for the buck, backed by instant mathematical results.

And what would that mathematical result be? Please, do not say the damage you did in that one particular instance.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 08:53:06 pm »
This especially goes for archers. They probably deal same amount of damage per one player. This helps them prioritize individuals in groups. They aim first for those who they know they deal most damage to.

I do prioritize targets, who you are (if dressed in a distinctive fashion and memorable), how fast you move compared with what you are dressed in (lets me know roughly how tough you are) and a multitude of other factors lets me choose my targets with care. More often then not I am correct with how many shots it will take to take down a target.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »
i have already played mount en blade for such an long time.
and i still like playing it and like the atmoshpere in it etc.
i dont know why people always bitch bout stuff?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:14 am »