Author Topic: new approach to horsebump  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Shinobi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: new approach to horsebump
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 08:27:20 pm »
whatever the devs deam possible.  ofc a sidejump or sth would be coul but a whole new animation.  shit is this wold kill 1h cav horsbumpslashes -.-

If 1h cav have to crutch on horsbumpslash to get kills something is seriously not tuned right. People are never going to have respect for players using that kind of game mechanics. I know there is fantastic cav players in c-rpg that dont need to bumpslash someone to kill them, op features like bumpslash makes them look cheap and not skilled.   

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:21 pm »
If 1h cav have to crutch on horsbumpslash to get kills something is seriously not tuned right. People are never going to have respect for players using that kind of game mechanics. I know there is fantastic cav players in c-rpg that dont need to bumpslash someone to kill them, op features like bumpslash makes them look cheap and not skilled.

i absolutely disagree.  a bump slash is the only way a 1h cav can kill an aware defensive shielder.  also I dont see this as exploiting,  but as a technique,  just like lolstabbing and whatnot
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shinobi

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 06:52:48 pm »
i absolutely disagree.  a bump slash is the only way a 1h cav can kill an aware defensive shielder.  also I dont see this as exploiting,  but as a technique,  just like lolstabbing and whatnot

You already do a lot more damage knocking people down with horses now, adding a slash you cant defend from after getting bumpt makes its cheap. There must have been a reason they added the bump for bump. Was the outcry so vocal they reverted it? I dont know, I just cant say if someone has real skills or if they are pushing the lol button when using that "tactic" as you so elegantly say.

There was talk of horses taking damage from bumps (dont quote me on this),anyway if they go that route then I would be ready to change my opinion. That would give the cav a at least some deterrent from running there horses into metal shields, plated knights and whatnot. Horses are made of flesh and bones too and they have feelings damit lol.   

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 07:28:40 pm »
the reverse bump was implemented by mistake and therefor removed quickly.  well,  i see we disagree. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:12 pm »
+1 to this... wtf, I agree with Torben. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE I TAKE IT BACK... NO I DON'T :(

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »
Infantry should be allowed an instant dodge action when they could manually just dodge. If it was the case maybe cav could get a boxing horse animation that when they block at the moment they are hit by a weapon the horse rears and boxes the perpetrator to death and is immune to further onslaught for 5 seconds :P

but in all seriousness, if infantry are aware they can dodge out the way manually (Just Dont! cause I am not gonna reply 2h's) they dont need a quick reflex save as well.

the 'self bump' was an idea that was accidently implemented into final patch, it was a 'possible' nerf to cav and while I feel it was unecessary it also did a pretty good job of not upsetting too many cav while making footmen feel satisfied (the greedy bastards). The bump I admit was not great for 1h cav, especially due to the fact that they now had no counter to turtlers, but then again cavalry is a support class, not a class designed to beat opponents 1 on 1 all the time, maybe shielders are to 1h cav like the high athletics kiting archers are to the slow infantry str build. However this once again would unbalance lancers and 1h's due to 1h's not being able to take down nearly as many potential opponents. Its all in the balance.

But no I dont agree with a 'press x to dodge' scenario.
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »
you coulda spared a lot of time by doing this:

no I dont agree with a 'press x to dodge' scenario.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »
I'm verbose :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 08:10:27 pm »
: D

Offline Shinobi

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 12:55:29 am »
the reverse bump was implemented by mistake and therefor removed quickly.  well,  i see we disagree.

Ah I see, indeed was a nice change when it was in hehe and yes I guess we do disagree and that´s fine, still you do seem to acknowledge there being a problem with the current mechanics or you would not propose a click block to jump out of the way function. Its a pretty cool idea I must say, duno how it would play out in game, still I would not be advert to try something like that out.

strength stacker´s would be clumsier thou hehe, giving some looove to agility back :)  *NIN-JA!!!!* sorry Tourettes, I cant help myself.  :shock:  :oops:

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 05:16:42 am »
We can already walk and jump out of the way, if you can't it means your straped up with too much armour to have any semblance of speed or are so far out in the open you can use the terrain to make it a pain to get you.

Horse bumps are a tool that cav need dearly. If we take it away then cav will just be left with poking.

I see where your coming from but I don't think the current situation is all that bad TBH. The only horse bumps that piss me off are team horse bumps.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 08:53:22 am »
in every army in the 11hundreds and on, cavalry was the main force of an army, it had the greatest potentional to crush an army if it wasn't well prepared. inf became more and more unnessecery during the late middelages. inf was still important ofc. because they had natural cav counters and were good in sieges. but the main force of an army still was cavalry. you can find that on a lot of historical artifacts, sites and blablabla

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)