Author Topic: Thoughts on how to fix throwing, if it even needs to be fix  (Read 4818 times)

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on how to fix throwing, if it even needs to be fix
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2011, 07:31:38 am »
throwing lances removed/changed for the heir loomed ones, speed lowered a shit load on high tier ones.
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2011, 08:35:26 am »
Man, it sure is awesome being on IRC and hearing all the intended changes to throwing getting discussed.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2011, 09:18:40 am »
throwing lances removed/changed for the heir loomed ones, speed lowered a shit load on high tier ones.
i think its the other way around, speed on lances is ballz, low tier needs the nerf, but form what other throwers and  people been saying it seems most think wpf needs to be a factor, or raise the PT cost to throw

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 09:21:13 am »
I'm on my second gen using throwing. I love it and I also feel its overpowered - a bit. I have 27-30 strength and 8-9 PT. I used heavy axes. The people I one shot a)wear cloth/leather, b)agi build(16 str or less). I don't one shot plate-wearers or chainmail types. Since there is more low tier armor out there due to repair costs, there is more bitching, as if throwing suddenly, mysteriously got stronger somewhere.

The problems I see are the amount of throwers. There are so many because the PT requirements are too low and throwing really does not require any wpf to be effective. You can spam them into crowds and get a kill or two. WPF should be more of a factor for accuracy, damage and speed. If proficiency was more important, I think there would be less people dabbling in throwing with PT only. If I have 100 in throwing and PT 8-9, I think I should be able to be as effective as I am now. I don't think there should be any changes to throwing if you are at the upper end of PT and wpf. Its the lower end that needs adjusting.

I dont believe the loadout should be less. If you use lances, you only get two anyway. Axes and jarids, you get 4. Most of the time, you cannot get them back.

100% agreed. +1 awesome point to you Jesus. Now go die for my kung-fu sins!
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: