Author Topic: Punishment for teamkilling  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Punishment for teamkilling
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 12:48:35 pm »
ffs guys, it happens. Especially in close combat clusterfucks, people accidentally teamhit and teamkill. This is not always because they are kill hungry, sometimes you're teammates make a move in a different direction than you expect, and you accidentally hit them. Friendly fire is something you have to deal with in EVERY game, and it makes no sense to punish accidental teamhits.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 11:35:01 pm »
In the old days of cRPG I remember there was a xp and gold loss for teamkilling.

I would suggest a %50 damage to target %50 damage to self, which is running in 22nd_Siege server.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ozwan

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 01:03:08 am »
+1 for harsh punishment for tks

Time to teach damn pubbers how to play properly.  :/
In real life, when people insult me (and it happens very rare, cos I am a big guy), I often punch them in the face.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 04:35:52 am »
+1
Punishment of TK should be this:
If you tk a guy in 1 round you won't get any exp/gold from next tick.
If you tk 2 guys in same round,you will miss next 2 ticks.(Punishment adds onto previous punishments.)
If you TK 3 guys in same round which means you are really acting retardic,you won't get next 5 ticks.(Punishment adds onto previous punishments.)

Let's say you TK'ed 3 guys in same round,you won't get next 8 ticks in total.
            1=You tked for the 1st time
            2=You tked for the 2nd time
+          5=you tked for the 3rd time

If you TK for 4th time in the map you'll see a warning (Purple admin type style) which tells you "on your next TK of this map, you'll be auto kicked." You won't be punished by loss of ticks on your 4th tk,just a warning.

If you TK 5 times in 1 map, you'll get auto kicked out of the server.(+Maybe some money or exp loss penalty)

I think this should work. It's not abusable,it'll improve teamwork and let people play more cautious especially when your team has x3-4-5 cuz no one want's to miss those ticks =) Which will reduce chances to lose multi due to a spammer tk'er retard.

My english is not so good i tried to explain what i think i hope i did well and i hope you take my suggestion serious because i think this'll really seal the TK deal.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:39:33 am by koyama »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 04:42:59 am »
The thing is, any sort of punishment for TKs can (and will) open new ways how to grief others. Put a multi minus on TK, ill just hop in to some other guys swing in order to piss him off. And yes, there are people like this. The same idiots that keep spamQMLing, the same tards that kick reloading xbowmen, those particular idiots that dont know anything else than sideswings in crowded areas.

XP/Gold penalty is no big deal, if you ask me. I can just grind more and keep happily TKing.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 04:49:42 am »
+1
The thing is, any sort of punishment for TKs can (and will) open new ways how to grief others. Put a multi minus on TK, ill just hop in to some other guys swing in order to piss him off. And yes, there are people like this. The same idiots that keep spamQMLing, the same tards that kick reloading xbowmen, those particular idiots that dont know anything else than sideswings in crowded areas.

XP/Gold penalty is no big deal, if you ask me. I can just grind more and keep happily TKing.
Actually in my opinion,
Getting killed by a retard archer teammate who shoots me when im fighting another melee.
Getting couched by my retard cav teammate
Getting killed by my retard spammer teammate

Is far annoying than losing my multi cuz of a griefer who jumps into my swing to piss me off.
If you pay attention and if you use a balanced weapon,those griefers can be avoided but you cannot avoid your retard team attacking teammates cuz they always hit you from the back.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 05:06:52 am »
Actually in my opinion,
Getting killed by a retard archer teammate who shoots me when im fighting another melee.
Getting couched by my retard cav teammate
Getting killed by my retard spammer teammate

Is far annoying than losing my multi cuz of a griefer who jumps into my swing to piss me off.
If you pay attention and if you use a balanced weapon,those griefers can be avoided but you cannot avoid your retard team attacking teammates cuz they always hit you from the back.

yeah, but there is no way to prevent it what so ever...those retards wont mind any sort of punishment and keep doing it. So again, no change. No matter the punishment would be, it will affect the "serious" playerbase more than those noob spammers. The idiots simply wont care, but every mistake a guy who is trying to play nicely does, would feel bad for him.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 05:40:33 am »
Sorry lads but this is not a fantasy shooter (well it is a shooter but still not quite fantasy), you can't "reflect" damage back to the attacker, if i accidentally slash a teammate HE is suppose to die, not me. Vice Versa.

(click to show/hide)

Looking at many of the mechanics there are many "fantasy" elements, this is a terrible argument. Pikes that magically move around enemies instead of getting pushed out of the way, heavy weapons that swing almost as fast as their light counterparts are among the list. Realism has no basis in argument, there are tons of individual mechanics that are nowhere near the realm of plausibility that are accepted as everyday CRPG.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 05:46:58 am »
Looking at many of the mechanics there are many "fantasy" elements, this is a terrible argument. Pikes that magically move around enemies instead of getting pushed out of the way, heavy weapons that swing almost as fast as their light counterparts are among the list. Realism has no basis in argument, there are tons of individual mechanics that are nowhere near the realm of plausibility that are accepted as everyday CRPG.

You cannot say, that fucked up hitbox on one weapon is making the game fantasy-ish. (how do you even say this, like, fantasy style or stuff :D) Heavy weapons swinging almost as fast as lighter counterparts, if specced for it, well, not that hard to swing 2her almost as fast as 1Her irl, so do not see any point in this, other than if someone would like to implement some stamina shit (so you could spam longer with less weight weapon or such, which would make sense). 

The only really "fantasy" element i find here is the freaking horse kangaroo jumps.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 06:00:27 am »
You cannot say, that fucked up hitbox on one weapon is making the game fantasy-ish. (how do you even say this, like, fantasy style or stuff :D) Heavy weapons swinging almost as fast as lighter counterparts, if specced for it, well, not that hard to swing 2her almost as fast as 1Her irl, so do not see any point in this, other than if someone would like to implement some stamina shit (so you could spam longer with less weight weapon or such, which would make sense). 

The only really "fantasy" element i find here is the freaking horse kangaroo jumps.

I listed a few elements. What you accept as a mechanic others point out is wildly inaccurate, yet still acceptable. This game does not mimic real life, nor should it- it should be balanced around a system which provides an equal playing field and encourages desired behavior while discouraging undesired behaviors (as pertains to the even playing field).

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 06:10:22 am »
I listed a few elements. What you accept as a mechanic others point out is wildly inaccurate, yet still acceptable. This game does not mimic real life, nor should it- it should be balanced around a system which provides an equal playing field and encourages desired behavior while discouraging undesired behaviors (as pertains to the even playing field).

Cannot agree more on this.