Author Topic: Conquest mod?  (Read 560 times)

Offline FineBeardedMan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Conquest mod?
« on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:40 am »
+2
Despite my previous joke thread, I have had ideas for CRPG, such as a Conquest gameplay-style map. I can imagine a large open castle based map with several key locations inside and outside the walls. I can imagine 2 sides rush in to capture key areas. Some fighters will have to hang back and defend the area. The camp where the players start will feature a limited number of defensive structures such as small wooden walls, horse-traps, etc. Something to almost entrench an area so the team can keep one position and hold it while others go out and fight for new areas.

Areas within the castle or location could include a merchant district, stables, tavern, the keep, etc.

My main idea for this came from some MMOs I used to play. Despite my hatred for WoW's PVP, I did enjoy a few of its capture-defend and hold style encounters.

I could see where troops would head back out of the castle, or area to their camp to replenish their assets. The map will run on a ticket based system. Dying will not cost as much tickets as using a barricade structure nor not as near as much as losing an area.

This style of map will encourage more team-based strategy found in FPS or Mount and Musket!

Just an idea!

:o

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Conquest mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:51:44 am »
I suggested this, and more teamwork-based modes besides battle's Spam&Gankfest.

Check this one out.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3654.msg66152.html#msg66152

Also, chadz mentioned somewhere, that he'd like to develop a game mode like this, with castles, and sieges, and whatever else. I'll look it up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:56:29 am »
nice idea, better then the everlasting rounds of battle, but you'd still have to be able to get just as much gold as in battle because in siege it sucks.
one thing that is really important in a gamemode like this are balanced maps, because if one team can capture a lot real fast, the other team is doomed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 11:20:48 am »
Try Persistant World mode for Warband,Wookimonsta was running a server when i was playing it idk if it still exists =D
That mode is like what you say,there is a huge map with 4 or 5 factions(Castles) meh i haven't slept yet so i won't try to explain everything but sneak peak:
-You start within a neutral faction called commoners and you are a peasant.
-Game runs in 3d battle style HUUUUGE map.
-There is a resource gathering and crafting system (mining,cutting trees,processing those and crafting items...)
-There is a sailing system (YES YOU CAN SAIL WITH GOOD VARIETY OF BOATS!)
-Most of the servers got resetted in a regular frequancy.
-Lots of RP freaks play it so it is fun, you can see conversations like "Hello my dear sire, can you spare a coin for your peasant ?"

Try it if you always dreamed of living in medieval times and doing medieval shit.
Search it on taleworlds forum,you'll find it.

edit:
I am a retard i misunderstood your suggestion lol !
But i won't erase my post since PW is really worth to try if you didn't play it yet.
Also +1 for your suggestion got bored of same stuff all the day.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:22:22 am by koyama »

Offline FineBeardedMan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 06:13:57 pm »
nice idea, better then the everlasting rounds of battle, but you'd still have to be able to get just as much gold as in battle because in siege it sucks.
one thing that is really important in a gamemode like this are balanced maps, because if one team can capture a lot real fast, the other team is doomed.

Thanks! I had in mind that the longer you hold an area, the more gold revenues you receive on regular intervals. Also, I thought that different areas could effect your army in different ways, for example; you hold the village and you receive a decrease in the amount of tickets you lose from each individual death. This is because you receive a recruitment bonus from holding a village. Same could be done for an armory where you hold that and get a bonus in damage done. This is just theoretical as I do not know if this is possible in Mount and Blade's engine. I am not a modder.

I thought it could be something like Battlefield 2 Project Reality's conquest mod. It would work in a similar manner, but in a mount and blade setting. 

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 03:03:55 pm »
Try Persistant World mode for Warband,Wookimonsta was running a server when i was playing it idk if it still exists =D

I took the server down because interest seemed to dwindle. In the beginning I had 60 players on pretty regularly, but in the end it was like 5 a day. If there is interest i might restart it.

Also, just stea mount&muskets conquest mod
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:24:27 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay