Author Topic: Katana's Thrust  (Read 8157 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Katana's Thrust
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »
+1
well high athletics and low armor is an attempt to redeem the short range of the katana..

It doesn't change the fact that the weapon is underpowered..  :rolleyes:

Just to quote Fasader recently:
"Katanas already get double cost (not only repair) because of the weeaboo factor. ;)"

Why is this the only wep that got this special nerf? I mean.. "the weaboo factor" - you have even added lots of new weaboo gear since the nerf! Make a choice! Either make weaboo stuff comparable in stats for the ones who want to play like this, or remove it altogether. Make it more pricey if you must, but don't make it worse than the euro gear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 07:42:57 pm »
Why is this the only wep that got this special nerf?

Same reason why arrows get double the upkeep and nothing else, so carrying the standard two quivers of bodkins means that you are effectively upkeeping 20,232 gold.

Katanas get this special price increase in some attempt to make them more "exotic" and I suppose it works.
Besides, listen to any overly rich player and they cling to "but cost is not a good balancer!" forgetting that most players are new or substantially more poor...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 08:21:53 pm »
Same reason why arrows get double the upkeep and nothing else, so carrying the standard two quivers of bodkins means that you are effectively upkeeping 20,232 gold.
No, not really. The same reason would be, if every 2h was overpriced, but in this case its just the katana. Thats like only the bodkins would have the double repair thing and the rest not.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 08:30:21 pm »
+3
No, not really. The same reason would be, if every 2h was overpriced, but in this case its just the katana. Thats like only the bodkins would have the double repair thing and the rest not.

Yes, but unlike every 2Her, both all arrows and the katana have the same thing in common
(click to show/hide)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2011, 04:53:32 pm »
bump