Author Topic: The List.  (Read 7586 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The List.
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2011, 06:12:24 pm »
I don't support the idea of long fights at all. There are things I like and things I don't in your list. But this really bugs me.

Why do you want fights to be longer ? They already are much longer than in Native. And longer melee fights just mean that melee is nerfed compared to ranged. Honestly it shouldn't. Short fights are more intense, less about who has the most IF and armor and more about who can block, feint and chamber.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2011, 06:15:59 pm »
I don't support the idea of long fights at all. There are things I like and things I don't in your list. But this really bugs me.

Why do you want fights to be longer ? They already are much longer than in Native. And longer melee fights just mean that melee is nerfed compared to ranged. Honestly it shouldn't. Short fights are more intense, less about who has the most IF and armor and more about who can block, feint and chamber.

wrong. longer 1v1 fights mean numbers, teamwork & combined arms have a much bigger impact.  rambos are on notice

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »
wrong. longer 1v1 fights mean numbers, teamwork & combined arms have a much bigger impact.  rambos are on notice

You forgot to mention that it would buff ranged even more than numbers, teamwork & combined arms.

First of all because range is the type of class that gets the better results from numbers (2 infantry vs 1 are less effective than 2 archers vs 1). And because it's also the class type that needs virtually no specific teamwork-oriented behavior to be 100% effective in groups.

And finally, the fun of melee partially comes from the fact it's hard and the skill levels vary immensely. If you take away the "rambo" effect by auto-killing anyone facing 2 or more enemies in melee, many will loose interest in the game. Being shot at by 2 or more archers already isn't fun at all. Just imagine how the game would be if it was the same when 2 infantry attack you.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »
You forgot to mention that it would buff ranged even more than numbers, teamwork & combined arms.

First of all because range is the type of class that gets the better results from numbers (2 infantry vs 1 are less effective than 2 archers vs 1). And because it's also the class type that needs virtually no specific teamwork-oriented behavior to be 100% effective in groups.

And finally, the fun of melee partially comes from the fact it's hard and the skill levels vary immensely. If you take away the "rambo" effect by auto-killing anyone facing 2 or more enemies in melee, many will loose interest in the game. Being shot at by 2 or more archers already isn't fun at all. Just imagine how the game would be if it was the same when 2 infantry attack you.

Just because you dont know how to utilize teamwork in melee doesnt mean it cant be done.  I would much rather double and triple team enemies in melee with my clan that know how to work together and kill someone in 10 seconds than do a 30sec-2minute duel to kill them myself.

Also most pugs and even most clans have absolutely zero discipline fighting teams that have alot of range.  They're too ADD kill whore minded that they play right into archers killzones instead of waiting it out and making the archers play their game.

Having armor increased resist values is a good thing, specially when the majority of archers still use cut dmg.

You should be complaining more about the no talent xbows.