Author Topic: Strategus Spawns  (Read 7165 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Strategus Spawns
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2011, 10:45:53 pm »
Duh...you attacked us, you'd be forced to play on EU anyway. Seriously, do you still wonder why you lost?
Even if you left some guys on spawn defending it, they had blue pyjamas man, we would smash them with these armoured horses.

The reasons you've lost  are pretty simple

1 You were overconfident, you thought outnumbering us would be enough.

We outfitted 1200 men, but with the now being fixed spawn point issue it was better to spend the SAME amount of gold getting heavy horses and equipment for 60 and stealing a spawn point while peasant weapons for the rest of your army.  Lesson learned, the EU ping also made us hire mostly EU mercs (90% of our fighters, and scattered among many clans), while you had half your mercs being clanmates from 1 clan, far far easier to coordinate that.  No one ordered the charge up the hill, I was the guy putting down the construction site for a medicine tent next to the spawn point and then turning around and everyone had run up the hill without orders and then trying to yell in vent to get back to spawn (our new vent that day to handle 60+ people had 4 channels for some reason (fixed that) so only 3-4 guys heard me.

I am sure I would be cocky too if you guys had to fight us on NA ping this whole time.  Not surprisingly I've been pushing since last November for Strategus to have 2 continents - 1 primarily North American and the other European.

P.S. You're right Matey is a certifiable genius. :)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2011, 12:52:08 am »
We outfitted 1200 men, but with the now being fixed spawn point issue it was better to spend the SAME amount of gold getting heavy horses and equipment for 60 and stealing a spawn point while peasant weapons for the rest of your army.  Lesson learned, the EU ping also made us hire mostly EU mercs (90% of our fighters, and scattered among many clans), while you had half your mercs being clanmates from 1 clan, far far easier to coordinate that.  No one ordered the charge up the hill, I was the guy putting down the construction site for a medicine tent next to the spawn point and then turning around and everyone had run up the hill without orders and then trying to yell in vent to get back to spawn (our new vent that day to handle 60+ people had 4 channels for some reason (fixed that) so only 3-4 guys heard me.

I am sure I would be cocky too if you guys had to fight us on NA ping this whole time.  Not surprisingly I've been pushing since last November for Strategus to have 2 continents - 1 primarily North American and the other European.

P.S. You're right Matey is a certifiable genius. :)

You are right about the ping but don't you dare to talk about stealing, if you backstab me and try to enforce AI against me by dumping equipment you deserve to lose like that sorry. You outnumbered me I outsmarted you its that simple, you still don't have a single glory against us, fix that part first. Don't worry about the ping I'm sure we will have a problem with it soon. Tbh I agree with continents idea, map is too small for that amount of factions and that ping situation makes it pretty unbearable for people, taking fiefs are piece of cake whole spawn things has to be reconsidered. This whole thing might get wiped anytime, I hope you will reconsider your strategy and diplomacy better next time, bright side is you guys are learning so take it as training period and I'm not saying it by arrogance but you guys pick one of the good trainers.

Matey sounds smart and polite, if he is a genius I'll look forward to see it in the battlefield.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2011, 01:29:44 am »
You are right about the ping but don't you dare to talk about stealing, if you backstab me and try to enforce AI against me by dumping equipment you deserve to lose like that sorry. You outnumbered me I outsmarted you its that simple, you still don't have a single glory against us, fix that part first. Don't worry about the ping I'm sure we will have a problem with it soon. Tbh I agree with continents idea, map is too small for that amount of factions and that ping situation makes it pretty unbearable for people, taking fiefs are piece of cake whole spawn things has to be reconsidered. This whole thing might get wiped anytime, I hope you will reconsider your strategy and diplomacy better next time, bright side is you guys are learning so take it as training period and I'm not saying it by arrogance but you guys pick one of the good trainers.

Matey sounds smart and polite, if he is a genius I'll look forward to see it in the battlefield.

Actually I thought the equipping the AI was a brilliant strategy, nothing wrong with it, same as equipping an ally or neutral who is fighting your enemy.  But a bug prevented it working (as stated by developer, bug not glitch), and would have done wella fter they split their army over-aggressively to take 2 neutral villages at once with 500 troops each (to prevent us taking Amere).  Strategically outmaneuvered the mercs, but then beaten tactically.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:49:15 am by Keshian »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 04:16:07 am »
+1
The only beef I really have with mercs is you continue with this story about backstabbing. send me a recording of your convo with kalam. my understanding is he never agreed to anything, never promised anything. you guys made him an offer and he said "i'll discuss it with the other leaders of the FCC", and before we could get back to you with a response, you were laying siege to the town we had been planning to take. you guys jumped the gun by going after 2 towns at once before sorting out the situation with us. You may disagree with our response at that point, but it looked like the best move for us to make.

We may be enemies, but I would rather we sort out our issues on the battlefield, and not on the forums... after all, winning a forum war doesnt really accomplish anything... does it?

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:37 am »
As I said I'll talk to Mercs about forums and I cannot forbid them anything.

But telling us that you are peaceful then attacking is is something else, thats the reason Kesh, why we attacked two villages at the same time. If you told us that you are enemies, we wouldn't do that. So don't keep your hopes high about manoeuvres. Unlike you we also made it very clear about Amere since the first talk. We said "we will take it". If Kalam didn't inform you about that I cannot help it. We didn't want to prevent you from anything. Our goals were as clear as the bright sky.

About that forum crap for the last time, you started it http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,70.msg156303.html#msg156303 until there, there is no Merc comment. Yet Kesh came to our topic and started to rant in there. It seems to me that you guys are starting things and asking us to stop what you started when you got beaten in your own game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2011, 10:27:17 am »

About that forum crap for the last time, you started it http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,70.msg156303.html#msg156303 until there, there is no Merc comment. Yet Kesh came to our topic and started to rant in there. It seems to me that you guys are starting things and asking us to stop what you started when you got beaten in your own game.

its been better lately O_o. yeah kesh made a stupid post without talking to people first, and yes im trying to get you guys to stop something one of our members instigated. he has been asked to watch himself on forums and has done a pretty good job of it (sorry to keep picking on you kesh, but your careless post did provoke their response). sooo basically. point taken... now lets both continue to encourage the members of our clans to represent us on the public forums the way we want to be represented.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 02:50:00 pm »
its been better lately O_o. yeah kesh made a stupid post without talking to people first, and yes im trying to get you guys to stop something one of our members instigated. he has been asked to watch himself on forums and has done a pretty good job of it (sorry to keep picking on you kesh, but your careless post did provoke their response). sooo basically. point taken... now lets both continue to encourage the members of our clans to represent us on the public forums the way we want to be represented.

I apologize for that.  But I did that after we were finding you had been telling numerous clans that we were backstabbers.  That was the intial reason, being flamed by speech not what you typed.  I was reasonably annoyed as we had never agreed to anything at that point (alliance, neutrality, peace, capitulation, etc.) and all we saw were very aggresive troop movements in our area.  I should have also had our diplomat discuss it with you rather than post in your thread.  Sorry, it was an act of anger.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:51:54 pm by Keshian »