Author Topic: Make the Riding and Athletic skills require both Agi and Str to develop  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
i seriously dont get the point why you want to nerf everything.  its awsome to have extremes,  and i love seeing skilled str builds kill half a team just like i love seeing high skilled ninjas sneaking around backsslashing jumping and running and what not.

deversity for the win.  fuck this communist equality crave.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
+1
It will solve the 18/24 or 18/21 builds

srsly.  what is there to solve.  lets solve trees.  and peanutbutter.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
+1
It will solve the 18/24 or 18/21 builds, it's not only archer specific, 2h and polearm use such builds a lot too, not to mention cavalry. It's aim is to reduce average speed of cavalry and nerf agi builds.

Why exactly does the game need to slow down? You old?  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
+1
It will solve the 18/24 or 18/21 builds,.....
and nerf agi builds.

And what is your issue with 18/21(4) builds instead of 30/9 builds which run rampant across the land now that agility is worthless compared to STR?  We're all having the same problem trying to comprehend how you could be having problems with underpowered, gimpy, and weak agility builds compared to the STR build domination which is the current state of the game.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+1
And what is your issue with 18/21(4) builds instead of 30/9 builds which run rampant across the land now that agility is worthless compared to STR?  We're all having the same problem trying to comprehend how you could be having problems with underpowered, gimpy, and weak agility builds compared to the STR build domination which is the current state of the game.

This really.

If anything, nerf my 36/3 12PS 11IF character that shatters people in siege or any battlemap with more then 50 players. I have been couched by Tommy or Roh' and lived, laughing manically in my Transitional+ armour. If I ever decide to swap out my HBS for a Claymore or Mallet or Morningstar, not much stands up to my abuse.

STR builds are just silly powerful right now. Even "balanced' STR builds like 27/12 work wonders for polearms, two handers and shielders. This too is silly.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
silly maybe,  but way cool.  i want all that shit.  i plead to the chadzs that deversity will win over cruel uniformity. 

its a bit like in the real world:  i want hot shots,  cripples,  hunks,  heteros,  homos,  women,  men, ugly,  beautiful,  strong,  weak,  fat,  thin, fuck it,  even LECHs to live,  let live,  get born and die in one big happy chunk of life,  and not a uniform-as-fuck-world in which everyone different doesnt get a chance. (sooner or later someone had to bring a chocolate chip cookie thing into this thread)  so ya!  stop nerfing!  stop chocolate chip cookieing around!!  say yes to...

life ^^

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
silly maybe,  but way cool.  i want all that shit.  i plead to the chadzs that deversity will win over cruel uniformity. 

its a bit like in the real world:  i want hot shots,  cripples,  hunks,  heteros,  homos,  women,  men, ugly,  beautiful,  strong,  weak,  fat,  thin, fuck it,  even LECHs to live,  let live,  get born and die in one big happy chunk of life,  and not a uniform-as-fuck-world in which everyone different doesnt get a chance. (sooner or later someone had to bring a chocolate chip cookie thing into this thread)  so ya!  stop nerfing!  stop chocolate chip cookieing around!!  say yes to...

life ^^

If this is true then AGI needs to be buffed to be in line with the power of STR builds.  Athletics needs to make a MUCH greater difference, even/especially in armor above leather and such. 
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
If this is true then AGI needs to be buffed to be in line with the power of STR builds.  Athletics needs to make a MUCH greater difference, even/especially in armor above leather and such.

would be fine with me

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Agi shielders might be up, but agi polearm and 2h users do more than fine. Most 2h swords and long war axe require just 15 str and  with 43+ damage they don't need much powerstrike to be effective. They don't even require 5 tbh to 2 hit kill most people. Imo, athletic footwork advantage is more effective than one additional hit or less turning into strikes, considering you can dance dodge arrows and bolts.

Anyway, with changed soak and reduction values that will probably be in next patch, agility would regain it's position.

Also, look at the perfect builds (33+), most of them are high agi builds. If athletic sucks, why so many people want 7+ ?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:32:32 pm by Lech »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Also, look at the perfect builds (33+), most of them are high agi builds. If athletic sucks, why so many people want 7+ ?
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:05:19 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
But lancer CAN make build with more riding than HA.

Strength: 12
Agility: 27
Hit points: 49
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 1
Power Strike: 4
Shield: 0
Athletics: 0
Riding: 9
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 9
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 181
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Maybe lancers just Don't Want to be faster, and prefer more durable builds?
that build is retarded for a lancer. You basically have no hp and go at silly speeds on horse... good luck if a fly passes on front of you while doing so, coz it may kill you XD.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
But lancer CAN make build with more riding than HA.

Strength: 12
Agility: 27
Hit points: 49
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 1
Power Strike: 4
Shield: 0
Athletics: 0
Riding: 9
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 9
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 181
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Maybe lancers just Don't Want to be faster, and prefer more durable builds?

Lancers need the PS to go for the 1-shot. I wouldn't recommend 4 PS and 1 IF. On top of this, WPF isn't as important to a lancer as damage and health.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
my favorite lancer build is  the 21/15 with 5ps and 7 riding,  7 athl