Author Topic: Rolled an archer alt  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Re: Rolled an archer alt
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:16 am »
+1
hey ylca, is that Stringer Bell? Most awesome character of a TV-show ever. (well perhaps besides Omar, Bubbles, Prop Joe...)

Didn't think of it, but yeah. This particular shot is from Luther, the BBC show. Worth a watch .

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »
Didn't think of it, but yeah. This particular shot is from Luther, the BBC show. Worth a watch .

+1 for having Stringer Bell as your avatar

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 01:58:56 pm »
+1
Lol I love how all these melee players roll archers alts then make claims as to how easy archery is. First of all I never once seen any of these melee players who roll archer for a gen even come close to topping the boards, or anybodies archer alts for that matter either. It's always been the same handful of hardcore archers who are the only few who retain the ability to top score ingame. So I laugh everytime I see these fools state they have an archer alt and that they do so well, yet I never see any new names top the scoreboards as an archer

Also archers are extremely hard to play pre level 25. I know on my melee alt i'll be able to maintain a 2:1 kd as early as level 15 and i'm not even a strong melee player, good luck doing that with archery.

I am a very strong supporter of at least repatching the archer's shoot speed so they may once again assume their role as a support class instead of a team hitting threat to your back side.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
STF to 30 to make an archer is... cheating.

Try leveling up an archer, and there, you'll have your drama. Anything under lv25 is : as accurate as a xbow, as much damage as a PS 2 melee.

So protip for all thoses new archers, leveling up, and wanting to be usefull when low level :
Buy a crossbow. I used one lv11, with 0 wpf (so yeah it breaks often, but who cares about that, it can break 700 times before i'm broke) so you can also use whatever armor you want, since you can't reduce wpf below 0 (duh) and ENJOY ! Did a 4:1 on one round, as the team attacking a village. Because team balance found me OP, i was balance to the previously loosing team. As a lv11. To BALANCE things out. xD

One suggestion for xbows that wasn't a nerf in any way, was the "requisite wpf per xbow". But even that wasn't added in the patch. And we're all having battles at the moment, with equipment that needs repairs BUT.... think ahead... think about... strategus. Where NO equipment breaks. Where xbows have NO requisite. Let's all have fun shooting Arbalest on a wall with 0 wpf, shall we ?  :mrgreen:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:15:11 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jayne_Cobbb

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 07:08:20 pm »
Lol I love how all these melee players roll archers alts then make claims as to how easy archery is. First of all I never once seen any of these melee players who roll archer for a gen even come close to topping the boards, or anybodies archer alts for that matter either. It's always been the same handful of hardcore archers who are the only few who retain the ability to top score ingame. So I laugh everytime I see these fools state they have an archer alt and that they do so well, yet I never see any new names top the scoreboards as an archer

Also archers are extremely hard to play pre level 25. I know on my melee alt i'll be able to maintain a 2:1 kd as early as level 15 and i'm not even a strong melee player, good luck doing that with archery.

I am a very strong supporter of at least repatching the archer's shoot speed so they may once again assume their role as a support class instead of a team hitting threat to your back side.

You want to show me an archer that tops the leader boards even pre-patch?

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 07:10:45 pm »
My archer alt is gen6, currently. I've topped scoreboards quite enough.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 08:47:06 pm »
STF to 30 to make an archer is... cheating.

Try leveling up an archer, and there, you'll have your drama. Anything under lv25 is : as accurate as a xbow, as much damage as a PS 2 melee.

So protip for all thoses new archers, leveling up, and wanting to be usefull when low level :
Buy a crossbow. I used one lv11, with 0 wpf (so yeah it breaks often, but who cares about that, it can break 700 times before i'm broke) so you can also use whatever armor you want, since you can't reduce wpf below 0 (duh) and ENJOY ! Did a 4:1 on one round, as the team attacking a village. Because team balance found me OP, i was balance to the previously loosing team. As a lv11. To BALANCE things out. xD

One suggestion for xbows that wasn't a nerf in any way, was the "requisite wpf per xbow". But even that wasn't added in the patch. And we're all having battles at the moment, with equipment that needs repairs BUT.... think ahead... think about... strategus. Where NO equipment breaks. Where xbows have NO requisite. Let's all have fun shooting Arbalest on a wall with 0 wpf, shall we ?  :mrgreen:

(click to show/hide)

Well, at least here I can calm you.
Arbalest shot from here:

(click to show/hide)

with 155 wpf (took 1 min 33 sec) 3 or 4 miss by an inch

(click to show/hide)

with 1 wpf (took 2 mind 49 sec or maybe just 1:49 hard to read my miniature stopwatch :/ ) half are all over the place and maybe 4 hit.

(click to show/hide)

+ you have only 1 slot left and very high repairs now (can hardly break even) which afaik is affected by wpf now. If there is a offender it's among the smaller crossbows, which probably take only a little wpf to reach their maximum and avoid repair penalty, so take 20 wpf from your main weapon and 2 slots and you are good to go. Not saying arbalest isn't strong but it's a waste of money for 1 wpf imo.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »
When i say crossbow, it means crossbow, the 1 slot one, not the Arbalest. And anyway, your range there ios horrible. As an archer (now lv21, 126wpf), i can't hope to have thoses shots better than thoses with 1 wpf.
lv30 archers is okay, for good archers. Even if xbows reloading can now clearly SEE if the arrow is going for them, if yes : sidestep, if no : don't bother.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline mulas

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:50:19 pm »
When I have 27 str 9 power draw using War bow and can't 1 shot a damn peasant in DTV at short-medium range, then something is wrong! When it takes 3-4 times longer to fire a shot with half the ammo compare to Native, something is wrong! When arrows deviate randomly from reticule at 138wpf, then something is wrong!

And when archer can't be top score 99% of the time, then something is wrong!!!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »
+1
When I have 27 str 9 power draw using War bow and can't 1 shot a damn peasant in DTV at short-medium range, then something is wrong! When it takes 3-4 times longer to fire a shot with half the ammo compare to Native, something is wrong! When arrows deviate randomly from reticule at 138wpf, then something is wrong!

And when archer can't be top score 99% of the time, then something is wrong!!!

Peasants in DTV are superhuman, try seeing if you can one shot a real peasant on battle mode or siege.
As for the comparison to native, this is not native, and this line And when archer can't be top score 99% of the time, then something is wrong!!! is just wrong and I hope you are trolling., or maybe I am not reading it correctly. No class should be a top scorer 99% of the time.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline mulas

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 12:50:57 am »
Peasants in DTV are superhuman, try seeing if you can one shot a real peasant on battle mode or siege.
As for the comparison to native, this is not native, and this line And when archer can't be top score 99% of the time, then something is wrong!!! is just wrong and I hope you are trolling., or maybe I am not reading it correctly. No class should be a top scorer 99% of the time.

I meant archer has suck ass score 99.99% of the time.

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 01:34:25 am »
archery does need a damage buff. majority of my kills as archer come from cutting off the enemy's head with my sword after they've taken 6 arrows and still reached me. I don't mind challenging long range shots with the slow speed of arrows but they should at least do some damage.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 01:42:34 am »
archery does need a damage buff. majority of my kills as archer come from cutting off the enemy's head with my sword after they've taken 6 arrows and still reached me. I don't mind challenging long range shots with the slow speed of arrows but they should at least do some damage.

No thanks. If more damage, every noob archer can deal damage.
I'd rather see us back with some arrow speed, and less damage. Wich would mean hitting an ennemy multiple times. Rather than shotgunning him in melee range.

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 03:52:25 am »
I made a stf archer alt who now uses a yumi bow and tatar arrows. Its fun as hell even though the damage is so crappy that I would be at least twice as useful if I bought a long spear and an axe of some kind and used them 4 ps 1 wpf. Even if I manage to hit long range, no one actually notices my mosquito bite arrows, so shotgunning people in the head and surprising stupid infantry with my fighting axe is when I actually make a difference and shine on the field.