Author Topic: THE DANKEST DUNGEON: cRPG Edition  (Read 1973 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: THE DANKEST DUNGEON: cRPG Edition
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 04:36:25 am »
+1
Put me in, coach.

Also, is this worth buying?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 06:50:48 am »
+4
Put me in, coach.

Also, is this worth buying?

I'd say yes if you can get over the fact that your favorite squad will inevitably get murder raped in the most horrid fashion. Also fuck you Thryn you haven't put me in yet and I was the first response :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 07:01:39 am »
+2
I'd say yes if you can get over the fact that your favorite squad will inevitably get murder raped in the most horrid fashion. Also fuck you Thryn you haven't put me in yet and I was the first response :(

im trying my best to fit people with their roles

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Dr_Device

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:14 am »
+3
Quick spoiler that might as well not be a spoiler because it's bullshit but maybe you'll want to skip this post if you really want to keep the run blind.

Darkest Dungeon's difficulty curve is bad. The jump from novice to veteran dungeons isn't too bad, it's mostly just slightly tougher base enemies and a few new ones who are basically just beefier versions of what you've fought before. Stacking damage is viable and feels recommended because some of those new enemies have very large health pools. Then you'll get up to champion (level 5) dungeons and all of a sudden enemy critical hit and dodge rates and resistances explode out of fucking nowhere and if you're not stacking dodge and accuracy on your characters you're going to be repeatedly missing your attacks while enemies land critical hits on you back to back. Then not only do you have to grind out more high level characters to replace the ones you lose but you'll also need to grind out new items since you were probably farming for bonus damage and sanity reduction before and don't have any really good dodge/accuracy items.

Basically, resistance and accuracy trinkets are kind of pointless early to mid game because you can stack damage through veteran dungeons without much issue, but if you don't have good accuracy/dodge/resistance items and quirks by level 5 you're going to get screwed because all of a sudden those stats become king.

Offline Lord_Carlos

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »
How I get that game?

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 08:44:50 pm »
+1
Quick spoiler that might as well not be a spoiler because it's bullshit but maybe you'll want to skip this post if you really want to keep the run blind.

Darkest Dungeon's difficulty curve is bad. The jump from novice to veteran dungeons isn't too bad, it's mostly just slightly tougher base enemies and a few new ones who are basically just beefier versions of what you've fought before. Stacking damage is viable and feels recommended because some of those new enemies have very large health pools. Then you'll get up to champion (level 5) dungeons and all of a sudden enemy critical hit and dodge rates and resistances explode out of fucking nowhere and if you're not stacking dodge and accuracy on your characters you're going to be repeatedly missing your attacks while enemies land critical hits on you back to back. Then not only do you have to grind out more high level characters to replace the ones you lose but you'll also need to grind out new items since you were probably farming for bonus damage and sanity reduction before and don't have any really good dodge/accuracy items.

Basically, resistance and accuracy trinkets are kind of pointless early to mid game because you can stack damage through veteran dungeons without much issue, but if you don't have good accuracy/dodge/resistance items and quirks by level 5 you're going to get screwed because all of a sudden those stats become king.

not going to read b/c i want to keep the run blind

only the strongest will survive

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.