Author Topic: Beauchamp's maps  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Beauchamp's maps
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:19:42 am »
MY FINISHED MAPS

The Cave of Odin - multiplayer battle map
Small but very carefuly detailed map for multiplayer battle mode is designed for smaller intensive infantry fights (optimum about 30 on each side). Its primarily designed for melee only servers - archers and cavalry won't be to effective on this scenario. Barriers limit fighting inside the cave and small exterior area around the entrance. The cave interior has everything what a "proper medieval" cave should have - cooking place, storage, armory, bedrooms etc. Map also features two "secret" locations/passages, players knowing them can gain the upper hand in the fights.

download: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2842

screenshots:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:10:47 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
Re: Beauchamp's maps
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:25:30 am »

Now I started to work on a small map for smaller slot servers (designed (but not necessarily) for melee only). Its mostly interior only map except for a very small outside entrance. I don't like how limiting the most of the interior maps were when it came down to placing only a few elements so I made something brand new - a cave :o) There is everything a proper medieval cave should have - sleeping place, storage, cooking place, armory etc...

Its like 50 percent done atm, the map is very small - has only 30 kB atm. I suppose it will be able to take even 4 times more objects at least than there are now so it will look a bit better.

Some crapy screenshots with my lowgraphics settings
(click to show/hide)

Looks really cool! I like it. Ive played with the "glow" props some what. You should check em out if you havent already. The cast a nice affect. I personally use them for areas of caves or interiors where no other light comes in and ive had nice lighting affects from them IMO

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 02:27:46 am »
thx for the tip, will try that out (haven't tried it before)

i also put a few lights close to the torches, however it seems the number of lights is limited - i mean only like first 10 emit light, the rest do nothing. do you know something more about this, is there a limit of how many lights you can have?
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:02:00 am »
That cave looks like a blast, +1!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:11:25 am »
...looks like pirates of the carribean! Awesome looking map!
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:52:04 am »
i have a question, what are the spawns for battle?
0-31 team one
32-63 team two
?

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 12:14:18 pm »
battle uses only 0 and 32
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 02:18:07 pm »
battle uses only 0 and 32

Be cautious when placing them. Try to start a battle with 100 vs 100 bots to see if the spawns are bugged. People will have spawnbugs if there isn't enough space behind the entry points.

Your maps looks really cool, you should ask the Risen server to add it !!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 04:10:22 pm »
thx for the help - i didnt use the glow, it didn't look well in the case of my cave as the holes were to big. i checked the spawns, it is impossible for 100 bots, but for 50 on both sides it works well so for smaller slot servers there should be no problem. thx for the tip.

the map is almost finished now, i will try to upload it to M&B repository later because i plan to add some very minor final touches after i take a small break. i'll try to contact the risen so they can add it to their server, if anybody else wants it of course feel free to use it. i only say it is designed for battle only and mostly for melee. archers or horses will be almost useless in this kind of map.

in memory of one very well known player, i also decided to name the map The Cave of Odin.

some screens :o)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 08:35:36 pm »