Author Topic: Fix list  (Read 32201 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Fix list
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:43:40 pm »
+1
What do you think is the most important things that need fixing in the new patch? Please no detailed description, just a short statement within a line. Repeating stuff of people before you is fine and encouraged.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Fix list
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:46:26 pm »
Lower cost of repairing. I have no idea how much % it is now, but it SHOULD be lowered. Not REMOVED, but LOWERED. (repeating is needed to make it easier to understand for people; DONT REMOVE repairing, but LOWER COST of it)

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »
Keep repair costs as they are now, and let us test them a little bit further, is 20k still the aimed equipment you can sustain when winning/losing 50/50?.

Fix strategus battles, and duell server. Naked punching duells are awesome, though
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Flibb

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:48:50 pm »
Repair costs - even as a relative noob its crippling, maybe make it cheaper for lower levels?

Horses - Just seem very powerful?

I play as an archer but am quiet happy with the nerf on them.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:49:15 pm »
The upkeep system should just be a steady rate like a % of the cost of your equipment per round or per minute (like 2-4%), which would still limit the sue of high end equipment, but its predicatbility would prevent the current rash of lsoing teams switching to crap gear and losing all 5 rounds because the alternative is to to treat the game like agamble or poker game with a chance for a huge expense.  Consistency would be much more useful and also easier to tweak in the long run to get the right amount of upkeep to limit excessive tin cans and plated chargers.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Malevolent_Warlord

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:50:02 pm »
Those of us using more metal sound mod need a fixed sound.txt file. Native sound are so bad and many of us are using that sound mod, but we need fixed sounds.txt that has those voice command lines so we don't get error messages ingame. Thank you.
MP nicks: Malevolent_Warlord, Warlords_Axeman, Warlords_Archer, Warlords_Torturer, Warlords_Skirmisher, Warlords_Infantry, Warlords_Clibanarii

Those who are interested in tactics and tips: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,225.0.html

Offline monneratbrazil

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 07:50:13 pm »
Dear chad, i LOVED your mod, started a few days ago, and it was AWESOME the way it was... i really disliked the repair stuff... BUT if you insist in keeping it, i guess a fair amount is 5% to 7% of the total price... so you dont have to raise the price of the higher levels of equipment... otherwise it will suck even more to start... =/

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 07:50:44 pm »
Yes, with 6-7 riding easily possible to many cav members the horse charge has become insta-kill witht he speed bonus.  Maybe lower the charge damage, or the speed boost from the riding skill, or just switch it back to 6 agility requirment.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 07:51:27 pm »
The female characters all use male voices, would be nice to actually have female voices.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 07:51:49 pm »
make friendly trample dmg reduced and if possible have trample only occur and higher speeds

this wouldnt be easy but if you could break the archery animation in 2 like the xbow
one for pulling arrow out and nocking, one for pulling back and shooting so you dont have to pull a new arrow out if you dont shoot.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
The wpf soft cap is a little excessive considering we already have a level cap.  Not really needed and makes it impossible to ever use the war bow or long bow at all in a useful way with the power draw nerf.  The cutting damage and extremely reduced speed of the weapon are enough of a nerf, with a wpf cap there is no way to have these weapons even be viable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:55:55 pm by Keshian »

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »
I think something has to be done about the repair costs as today I lost 45k gold by playing with my regular equipment. I believe I won 60% of the rounds I played but I still lost much more money than I gained and it feels wrong to lose that much money as I am trying to make my team win, unlike a lot of people running around with no weapons and armor or just leeching hoping other people will win the match for them.

I would also like to note that my internet disconnected in the middle of a round 3 times in a row, making me lose 20k due to repair costs.

I am aware that my equipment should make me lose money as it is quite expensive, however, I have not gained any money at all even when winning and I do not use plate armor or a horse.

PD: Archery is underpowered right now, I cannot give a proper comment on it as I am not an archer but losing only 10% from a longbow shot is just wrong.

EDIT: I also strongly believe that all heirlooms should be "refunded" (it's probably not as easy as it sounds) because many people have heirloomed items they can no longer afford, creating a lot of frustration for these players as they're unable to use what they worked for. Several items have also been heavily changed, maybe no longer fitting the original purpose the user wanted.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 09:26:23 pm by Belmont »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 07:53:42 pm »
Keep the upkeep system the way it is and don't try to change it before atleast 2 weeks have passed, all the ppl whining about it right now are not objective. For me it makes game much more fun.

Fix strategus battles, and duell server. Naked punching duells are awesome, though

+1
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:55:33 pm by Cyber »

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »
my skills are messed up when i log in game , they gave me 2 PS for a infantry which is retarded when you have 15 str , i need to redo my whole char if the skills points arent reseted  :(

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »
Not repair cost, but frequency.