Author Topic: AEF_CRPG_AUS  (Read 31482 times)

Offline AEF_HumV

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF 2nd Cav
    • View Profile
AEF_CRPG_AUS
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:42 am »
The AEF, an Australasian Gaming Community est. 2002, has recently added a CRPG server to our extensive list of gaming servers.  It is our hope that we can attract the many Australasian fans of CRPG to this server to continue the AEF’s obsession with Mount and Blade Warband and the many modules available for this magnificent game.
CRPG has generated significant interest within our community and is an extremely popular and enjoyable part of our Warband experience.
The AEF Servers are up 24/7 and have a reputation for speed and reliability.  Our servers are properly administrated by a team of server administrators and we actively encourage anyone interested in CRPG to visit our server at AEF_CRPG_AUS.

Admins:  In-game: AEF_HumV, AEF_Hatsune Miku, AEF_Bigbird

Rules: No sexist, racist, excessive profanity or generally disruptive behaviour will be tolerated on the AEF servers.

IF YOUR ID NUMBER GET BAN MORE THAN ONCE ON THE SERVER ITS PERMENENT.

Horse archers are allowed but they should be getting off the horse if there the last one left on there team.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:44:46 am by AEF_HumV »
AEF-2nd Cav
Live fast, Die young.

Offline RomaN_au

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: AEF_CRPG_AUS
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:11:59 am »
Private server? Can I ask who the provider is?

Offline AEF_HumV

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF 2nd Cav
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 11:35:33 am »
Public, AEF and Plat.net.au

Come join Roman (im sure Pewpew will be happy to see you)  :P
AEF-2nd Cav
Live fast, Die young.

Offline Darvos

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 05:35:26 am »
you guys need to sort out some of the maps, other than that, great server and admins
Wisdom:
I also know for a fact your name isn't darvos originally, you have been banned from the native servers on multiple account

Offline AEF_HumV

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF 2nd Cav
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:11:01 am »
Thanks Darvo

We will look into the maps. Trying to find some smaller maps for low player numbers. If you find any maps you like, hook me up with the download. And we will try and get them on the server asap.

AEF-2nd Cav
Live fast, Die young.

Offline Warsong

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Sowing terror, death and cheese cake since 1990.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Horde
  • Game nicks: Hellscream, Warsong, Gorehowl, Shadowbreaker, Gorefeind
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:45:00 am »
The AEF, an Australasian Gaming Community est. 2002, has recently added a CRPG server to our extensive list of gaming servers.  It is our hope that we can attract the many Australasian fans of CRPG to this server to continue the AEF’s obsession with Mount and Blade Warband and the many modules available for this magnificent game.
CRPG has generated significant interest within our community and is an extremely popular and enjoyable part of our Warband experience.
The AEF Servers are up 24/7 and have a reputation for speed and reliability.  Our servers are properly administrated by a team of server administrators and we actively encourage anyone interested in CRPG to visit our server at AEF_CRPG_AUS.

Admins:  In-game: AEF_HumV, AEF_Kastor, AEF_Kazim, AEF_Hatsune Miku,

Rules: No sexist, racist, excessive profanity or generally disruptive behaviour will be tolerated on the AEF servers.

Punishment: 5 steps,
 - 1 (warning)
 - 2 (kick)
 - 3 (one day ban)
 - 4 (one week ban.)
 - 5 (ban!!!)

Heh i think this part (bolded) is wrong. I was perma-banned when my steam connection dropped out in the middle of a match due to my rather irritating wireless, rejoined the server and in about 5 seconds was perma-banned. It could also have been because i was using my horse archer, i have no idea.

Who ever is administrator of the servers can check the server logs as i said nothing rude or nasty to anyone during my brief stay there, i was not greifing in any way nor using any cheats, hacks, weapons of mass destruction, and so on.

If i will not be unbanned, i would like to know what possible reason i was banned for, i would ask for at least that much.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:58:29 am by Warsong »
Insanity is a term used by people with a closed mind.

I once made a pit filled with clouds, or was it clowns? It would explain the smell.

Offline AEF_HumV

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF 2nd Cav
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 01:44:25 am »
Warsong i just checked the ban list and there is no one on it. I know you were kicked due to an admin who thought you were afk. We later learnt that it was your net playing up and im sorry for you being kicked.
Try connecting today, if you cant get in please send me a private message and we will try to resolve the issue.

Also, i would never ban someone for being a horse archer. :) dont get me wrong they're annoying as hell but not worth a ban.

AEF-2nd Cav
Live fast, Die young.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 06:42:21 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Was playing in the AEF server, on top of the winning team, which had about half the players of the enemy. I had to chase a roof archer, AjilaRoja, who'd destroyed his ladder, which meant going the long way. I was the last guy on our team, but it was less than a minute into the round.

Ajila polled me and because our team was the minority, the vote passed. AEF_Rosen was admin at the time and I petitioned to have Ajila reprimanded. I asked him in green text, waited one minute, no response. I asked in white text, still none, so I asked, again in white text, where I could lodge a formal complaint. He told me to get lost. Not only did he fail to oversee the server properly, though aware of the situation, he refused to take action when this was pointed out to him and tried to reduce the community by making me unwelcome in the AEF server. I suspect his reluctance to act might be connected to having pressed 1 on my poll. AEF_Hatsune_Miku assures me that this thread is checked, so I hope AEF can resolve this issue without the AU community having to find another server, as Rosen suggests.

I know you're familiar with the rules on votekicking, HumV, but here's the link for convenience:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Offline AEF_HumV

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • AEF 2nd Cav
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 05:33:24 am »

Ajila polled me and because our team was the minority, the vote passed. AEF_Rosen was admin at the time and I petitioned to have Ajila reprimanded

More than 60% of the server player population would have had to of voted Yes (1) to kicking you.

Not only did he fail to oversee the server properly, though aware of the situation, he refused to take action when this was pointed out to him

Admins are trying to play as well. He can't see everything that happens. It's not the responsibility of the admin to work out your dislike for another player or the comunity for kicking you.

and tried to reduce the community by making me unwelcome in the AEF server.

I agree the way he talked back to you was not very diplomatic, And i have talked to him about his response.

I suspect his reluctance to act might be connected to having pressed 1 on my poll.

This is you guessing, And i dont think it should be in this post at all.

so I hope AEF can resolve this issue without the AU community having to find another server
If you've read the c-rpg rules of conduct, you'll know that you can have your server taken down for that attitude

You were kicked by the public ONCE and you are threatening that the AEF crpg server will be brought down becouse of this.  Threats of this nature are not appreciated and frankly, do not help your case.

If you're not happy with what is being said in this thread you can take it higher up the chain, By contacting an C-rpg moderator

AEF-2nd Cav
Live fast, Die young.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 11:48:37 am »
As I've explained, well over 60% of the player population at the time was on the enemy team.

Rosen was dead at the time and as a poll was put up against me and he either voted yes or no on that poll, it would have been deliberately irresponsible for him, even if he weren't an admin, not to have investigated the situation before voting. A votekick is an alert to the server admin that someone is at fault.

I "guess" that he voted against me because I accused him and he refused to respond. It is pertinant to the post, because it is not within his rights to take such action against me just because he disagrees with my playstyle.

I know that this issue isn't serious enough to have your server taken down, but if your admin team persists in this attitude, eventually it will be. I don't dislike AEF, but I do know that there are two other parties willing to host for AU if you weren't around. Whether you see it as a privelage or a responsibility to administrate a c-rpg server, it's a right that you can lose if you are negligent. I don't think you should be taking risks by enstating administrators who don't have a clue which rules they are supposed to be enforcing.

If you think that knowing the server rules should "not help my case", you seriously need to reconsider your attitude.

I am well aware that I can alert the c-rpg moderator in charge of server administration. You are well aware that my case is not yet of the magnitude required to have your server taken down, but you don't seem to understand that I don't have any such goal, I just want your admin team to do their job.

Edit: Just to be clear; I'm not hoping that AEF stops hosting or that Rosen is demoted or repremanded, just that everyone you have as admin does understand what's expected of them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:03:45 pm by MeevarTheMighty »

Offline avmana

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LPK
  • Game nicks: LPK_Avmana, Sergeant_avmana, Avmana
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 10:09:17 am »
Props to AEF for a great reliable server!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline ExToiC

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TO_Rapist
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 09:02:56 am »
hey, when is someone goin to fix the connection problem from nz to aus???????    did anyone ask the server provider yet?

Offline Mordaunt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • You racka disciprine!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: YRD_Charging_Bull
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 12:31:56 pm »
Great server, can't wait for the patch to be applied though!

Offline Dizzy

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 11:06:30 am »
Requesting a temporary ban on Rolls, lord callum v and his other known alts. Or at least some degree of punishment.

Many people have tked me simply because of my class at the start of the round, kill my horse on map start or just shoot me all round long. The first rage people have I let it go, unfortunately some people go too far.
Rolls, AKA lord callum v has tked me several times on different days. Today I told him I will be recording his tking, he taunted and continued to do so. Please find attached screenshots, note the round timer. He was subsequently vote kicked by players, but he reconnected to respawn back in the round (is this not exploiting as well?) and continued taunting.

This is between 6:30 and 7pm NZST 16/8/2011.
For the second time I killed his alt on the enemy team he rejoined the game and immediately started friendly fire shooting me
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2301936/screens/2011-08-16_00006.jpg
Fed up at this stage as this is how it has been for a while of him TKing me, I tell him I'll always go for him, which is true anyway cos it's the objective to kill the enemy team..
He then says he'll tk me every round:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2301936/screens/2011-08-16_00001.jpg
After telling him I was even recording he still goes ahead and tks:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2301936/screens/2011-08-16_00002.jpg
Derp.

People need to be reminded you can't tk classes you don't like. When admins are not on people are real douchebags

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:18 am »
good luck with Austral servers  :wink: