4 (5.7%)
Sigma Male
9 (12.9%)
I'm an intelligent 4channer. Ill fokkin doxx u m8. Cum at me
15 (21.4%)
Beta Male
17 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)  (Read 28068 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Another school shooting in Murrica (Oregon edition)
« Reply #330 on: October 07, 2015, 12:11:04 am »
No, he's right here.

The US has real shitty drug laws.(IE DEA can arrest you in "Legal" Weed states because of ICC and "They can't know what isn't grown locally so it's all contraband")

Yea but the majority of people who do go to jail for marijuana possession usually have a long list of previous charges that have been brought back against them because of previous plea bargains, aka they fucked up and got given second and third chances then fucked up again. It's a state's rights issue just like gun control, and if states want to legalize drugs that's fine.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 07, 2015, 01:20:19 am »
No, he's right here.

The US has real shitty drug laws.(IE DEA can arrest you in "Legal" Weed states because of ICC and "They can't know what isn't grown locally so it's all contraband")

It's still against Federal law.  It does not matter if the weed is local or not.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2015, 01:26:47 am »
It's still against Federal law.  It does not matter if the weed is local or not.

But that's not the reason that DEA is allowed to enforce it in legal states. It's the ICC clause the the Supreme courts interpretation of it that gives DEA the right, bypassing the states right to legalize it. Otherwise, in Legal states, it would totally permissible and DEA couldn't touch them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2015, 01:29:44 am »
Jesus fucking christ guys.

Don't you see what a fucked up society with such easy access to guns is? You have trigger-happy people everywhere, because everyone MIGHT carry a gun! Police shoot people on the slightest fear that they might have been reaching for something or not even that. There's this constant FEAR of getting killed or shot, making a lot of people want to own one which they are most likely to kill themselves/family with than protect themselves with anyway.

If you love guns, there are ways in which your passion can be fulfilled, even with heavy regulation. Most countries allow gun collection and collectors of all kinds of guns, but you better be sure you have a good reason and a doctors paper before you are allowed to have one. So that's no argument.

And the insanity of letting people walk around on the street carrying guns?? Having one in your car?? Why the fuck do you want that? People are PEOPLE. Biological machines that can go wrong at any moment.

If carry is disallowed, there's a much smaller chance criminals will walk around with them too, out of fear being caught carrying a gun. There's also much less need for them to carry one, as well as non-legal guns will gradually increase in price as the supply diminishes.

Other countries have done this folks. There you walk around without a thought of being shot. Ever.

I live in a poverty stricken city in Poland, and the only protection I have is my wooden katana :) Other people might have a baseball-bat. I know intruders will not walk in with fucking guns.

That's all fine if you are a strong young man.  It's different if you happen to be a woman, or elderly or face a group of attackers.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #334 on: October 07, 2015, 04:57:20 am »
all these jerkoff say to make guns illegal and send criminals tp jail. well we already do that for just about everything and look how well thats turning out. in america the right to defend yourself is greater than any threat one might feel amd that is why our laws are this way amd if you dont like it you have the freedom to move the fuck away
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #335 on: October 07, 2015, 05:09:09 am »
+3
all these jerkoff say to make guns illegal and send criminals tp jail. well we already do that for just about everything and look how well thats turning out. in america the right to defend yourself is greater than any threat one might feel amd that is why our laws are this way amd if you dont like it you have the freedom to move the fuck away

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #336 on: October 07, 2015, 05:30:07 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Fuck you, man, I didn't say you could use that picture of me and the cheeseburger.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 07, 2015, 08:09:16 am »
+2

Funny that the only (pretty much the only)people in the developed world that feel the need to defend themselves with firearms are muricans to defend themselves against other muricans attacking with firearms. The claim that criminals get guns anyway is not a legit claim. Mentally twisted people acting violently in the heat of moment however definately will not get guns, if theres very few around. The state also has a lot easier time tracking people and firearms if there is very few around. Lessening the chance of violence.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:13:12 am by Tibe »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #338 on: October 07, 2015, 08:59:45 am »
+1
Gun control is wrong because guns are fun. Say it!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #339 on: October 07, 2015, 10:00:21 am »
[...]
Edit: Let me just say in bold that, if the US did not have 310 million firearms within its borders, banning guns would be an acceptable course of action.
I believe that this is the smartest statement in this thread yet!

[...]
sounds cool but krav maga is a joke.
You're a joke.
"confirmed for not knowing anything about self defense or martial arts. please, can you and heskey come back when you guys actually understand the things youre spewing bullshit about"

Edit: I'd be probably more afraid of my former instructor armed with a newspaper than some ghetto-street-thug dude holding his pistol side-ways... That's a different story tho.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:03:49 am by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 07, 2015, 11:05:40 am »
+2
i want a nuclear fusion reactor in my house

only for my own protection of course

what if there's robbers

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #341 on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:39 am »

The US imprisons more of it's citizens than any other country in the world. That's a separate issue entirely.

But HURR DURR constitution says guns allowed so fuck yeah that has to be the case. And people take the piss out of me in these forums for believing in an outdated ideology.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 07, 2015, 11:24:12 am »
+1
Funny that the only (pretty much the only)people in the developed world that feel the need to defend themselves with firearms are muricans to defend themselves against other muricans attacking with firearms. The claim that criminals get guns anyway is not a legit claim. Mentally twisted people acting violently in the heat of moment however definately will not get guns, if theres very few around. The state also has a lot easier time tracking people and firearms if there is very few around. Lessening the chance of violence.

Yea the US is nothing like Europe.. we have 11+ million illegal immigrants (some say 30 now) and raging drug cartel wars going on in Mexico on the outskirts of our wide open boarder, and 347 million guns in circulation. Banning guns is never going to happen, it's not even an option our Constitution allows. Crime has always been a problem in the US because of the huge influx of immigrants and all the cultures they bring with them. Back in the day it was the Cosa Nostra Italian Mafia and that took 50 years to get rid of them, now it's lots of mafia imitation drug gangs and random psychopaths. Not much has really changed really, just the media can be everywhere now and cover and ignore what it choses to suit political agendas. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Also look at the murder rates in all of these South American countries these people are fleeing from... it makes the Middle-East look like a sunday walk in the park. More people are killed in Venezuela, Honduras and El Salvador than Iraq.

Liberals proposing total banning of guns = suicidal and retarded.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:50:28 am by Grytviken »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #343 on: October 07, 2015, 11:51:25 am »
You talk so much about weapons as a defense against an armed attack ... is there any statistics on successful self-defense ?? After the charlie hebdo someone tried to recreate the attack but with the condition that all journalists were armed. I can not say the exact result, but it was about the same with what happened. And out of mb 10 cases, only one was able to shoot one of the attackers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESPr7PXmHFk
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:54:30 am by Vovka »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 07, 2015, 11:53:57 am »
You talk so much about weapons as a defense against an armed attack ... is there any statistics on successful self-defense ?? After the charlie hebdo someone tried to recreate the attack but with the condition that all journalists were armed. I can not say the exact result, but it was about the same with what happened. And out of mb 10 cases, only one was able to shoot one of the attackers.

Does Russia allow gun ownership? Russia has almost twice the homicide rate of the United States.