Author Topic: RIP greece, looks like your paying your own debt now!  (Read 11598 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Re: RIP greece, looks like your paying your own debt now!
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2015, 08:58:10 am »
+2
And the goat on drugs playing the sitar
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2015, 04:14:38 pm »
+1
muh you can't raise your shield so you can't protect your left man. but you could be the water boy.

Or simply put him on the left side, King. It's not rocket science.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »
he just does not like those who abuse synthol

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2015, 05:04:02 pm »
+2
Him and Xerxes, who gave the cripple a chance, were the only likeable characters in that movie.

Thinking about it, Xerxes was the nice guy. While the evil spartans killed off children for being deformed etc, he gave them a life like any other man or woman!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2015, 06:11:54 pm »
Whatever you say, the goat nailed the movie

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2015, 09:30:15 pm »
Xant the spartan
(click to show/hide)
Good going, that was my treat to Siiem, I gave him an easy comeback so he wouldn't feel so bad. Now you ruined his day.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2015, 11:15:50 pm »
+3
Greece and Ukraine in 1 year:

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2015, 01:03:18 pm »
more words from varoufakis.
http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2015/07/yanis-varoufakis-full-transcript-our-battle-save-greece

[...] [To exemplify…] There was a moment when the President of the Eurogroup decided to move against us and effectively shut us out, and made it known that Greece was essentially on its way out of the Eurozone. … There is a convention that communiqués must be unanimous, and the President can’t just convene a meeting of the Eurozone and exclude a member state. And he said, “Oh I’m sure I can do that.” So I asked for a legal opinion. It created a bit of a kerfuffle. For about 5-10 minutes the meeting stopped, clerks, officials were talking to one another, on their phone, and eventually some official, some legal expert addressed me, and said the following words, that “Well, the Eurogroup does not exist in law, there is no treaty which has convened this group.”

So what we have is a non-existent group that has the greatest power to determine the lives of Europeans. It’s not answerable to anyone, given it doesn’t exist in law; no minutes are kept; and it’s confidential. So no citizen ever knows what is said within. … These are decisions of almost life and death, and no member has to answer to anybody.[...]

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2015, 03:27:07 pm »
Greece and Ukraine in 1 year:

Wrong thread!

But still gold  :rolleyes:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2015, 04:44:53 pm »
+1
more words from varoufakis.
http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/2015/07/yanis-varoufakis-full-transcript-our-battle-save-greece

[...] [To exemplify…] There was a moment when the President of the Eurogroup decided to move against us and effectively shut us out, and made it known that Greece was essentially on its way out of the Eurozone. … There is a convention that communiqués must be unanimous, and the President can’t just convene a meeting of the Eurozone and exclude a member state. And he said, “Oh I’m sure I can do that.” So I asked for a legal opinion. It created a bit of a kerfuffle. For about 5-10 minutes the meeting stopped, clerks, officials were talking to one another, on their phone, and eventually some official, some legal expert addressed me, and said the following words, that “Well, the Eurogroup does not exist in law, there is no treaty which has convened this group.”

So what we have is a non-existent group that has the greatest power to determine the lives of Europeans. It’s not answerable to anyone, given it doesn’t exist in law; no minutes are kept; and it’s confidential. So no citizen ever knows what is said within. … These are decisions of almost life and death, and no member has to answer to anybody.[...]

It's called diplomacy? What the hell?

Oh look I can do the same: any meeting between Australia and NZ is now "The OceanGroup". Are you afraid yet? They even excluded Papua New Guinea, the bastards!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2015, 05:03:15 pm »
Mr. V. is just sore that he couldn't bully the old man in the wheelchair. On the contrary, the old experienced man showed the good looking young gun how politics work.
Not judging the content from any side. Merely venting my disappointment about V. acting like an ape throwing shit at the Zoo window cuz the old silver back stole his banana.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2015, 05:09:27 pm »
Varoufakis has been playing this like a game all along, he's a natural gambler. FFS, he teaches game theory at universities, not economics. That he would go about it like that doesn't surprise me one bit.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »
I know. I was a fan of him, same as most people. I am disappointed that he turns out to be a bad loser w/o style tho...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »
Mr. V. is just sore that he couldn't bully the old man in the wheelchair. On the contrary, the old experienced man showed the good looking young gun how politics work.
Not judging the content from any side. Merely venting my disappointment about V. acting like an ape throwing shit at the Zoo window cuz the old silver back stole his banana.
I think it is too easy to look at it like a game, like Varoufakis is a bad looser and sore.
this here is much more than a game. this guy is living in a country that is brought to the gallows by eu politics. If you know that your family and friends, your neighbours and fellow countrymen are pushed into missery I think it is legit to be frustrated if your Ideas of preventing the worst is not accepted.
And he was so popular becaouse he said what he thought without encrypting it with polititianspeech. why do you blame him now for still doing the exact same. he still speaks his mind. I like that and I think he got all rights to be angry.

There are german politicians that claim since 2012 that we are sacrificing greece for the good of our banks and investors. So this guy isn't making things up to blame everyone else but him.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2015, 12:48:45 pm »
Here is an other interesting interview.
It's from a senior advisor of the greek government who was involved in the negotiations.

[...]In the beginning of February, [Dutch finance minister and Eurogroup president Jeroen] Dijsselbloem told Varoufakis "You either sign the memorandum that the others have signed too, or your economy is going to collapse”. How? “We are going to collapse your banks".[...]
https://www.mediapart.fr/en/journal/international/080715/we-underestimated-their-power-greek-government-insider-lifts-lid-five-months-humiliation-and-blackm?onglet=full