Author Topic: Mount and Blade skills tranferable?  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
Re: Mount and Blade skills tranferable?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 02:14:39 am »
Earlier there was a one feint limit on feinting in the alphabeta.
Devs removed that and said they wanted to add a stamina based system where you can feint until your stamina is gone.
Supposedly normal attack will not require stamina, so it wont be a stamina system that is as limiting as Dark Souls'.

I hope M:BG gets to have at least as high a ceiling as M&B. It really just makes a more interesting game even if it is challenging to begin with.

I hope they do away with/remove any limiting factors to combat, even as much as I dislike the feint2win playstyle. If you could telegraph when someones about to run out of feints it limits the field of play in melee, and I would hope the developers are looking to expand.

On par with the 2nd part, I like the high skill ceiling that M&B brings to the table as uposed to other games that dumbed down combat for marketability of the game. The KS video tells the truth; You will die. Alot. And it's up to the player to learn to step up to the bar and learn how to fight back against that person who has killed you many times before. 

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 02:43:31 pm »
The important thing is that if the game is successful and highly populated, however much more ridiculously 'skilled' some other players are than you, there should be plenty of other players that you can kill. Also, a populated server means you wont just run into the same unkillable guy every time you spawn, also it means the tryhards have a better chance of being ganked by newbies who work together.

That's my hope, if people expect to be gods because they were the king of the barely populated current crpg servers, i want them to be humbled by a 500-person server where they either work with their team or get fucked.

That is another part which needs heavy balancing, teamwork. It really depends on the reward system. But I guess that's a different discussion.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 04:34:00 pm »
The important thing is that if the game is successful and highly populated, however much more ridiculously 'skilled' some other players are than you, there should be plenty of other players that you can kill. Also, a populated server means you wont just run into the same unkillable guy every time you spawn, also it means the tryhards have a better chance of being ganked by newbies who work together.

That's my hope, if people expect to be gods because they were the king of the barely populated current crpg servers, i want them to be humbled by a 500-person server where they either work with their team or get fucked.

My favorite part of my golden era of cRPG. I was not quite skilled enough to go toe-to-toe with the best players without dying 9/10 times but I had enough skill and situational awareness to be a vanguard against them steam-rolling a flank and giving the rest of the team enough space.
And how!

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 10:46:27 pm »
People have very different opinions of what makes a game fun.
Naturally, casual players and veteran gamers often disagree.

Whenever someone says cRPG is too hard I get quite mad.
Because if the game was made more simple, it would become less fun. So the harder the better.
But then again I'm not a stupid casual player who want everyone to be equally good.

After 4 years I'm still a pretty bad melee player but that only makes the game more fun.
I love that there are gameplay features that I still haven't learned to master.
When it comes to kicks... I just can't do it and I've accepted that the way it is.

Fortunately I'm on a horse. There is a way of playing the game to your favor for everyone.
There are very few players who master every class and playstyle in the game and that's also something which makes the game fun.

Bottomline: I hope it will be the same with M:BG.
There are enough hardcore gamers on the planet to support it. We don't need the casual players.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:09 am »
Self-proclaimed 'hardcore' gamers are normally cunts or faggots, whereas casual players have a much more 'fun-orientated' outlook, i would much rather a game entirely populated by the casual rather than the 'hardcore'. Let the 'hardcore' gamers go play DOTA and pretend it's a sport.

If 'hardcore' gamers are attracted to M:BG, i only hope there are enough casuals to stop them turning the community completely toxic and insular.

Never understood what's so appealing about DOTA, LoL, or gaming as a profession.

As for toxic...as long as its the fun "be an asshat to each other for whatever the fuck reason" kind of toxic

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 01:36:39 am »
Self-proclaimed 'hardcore' gamers are normally cunts or faggots, whereas casual players have a much more 'fun-orientated' outlook, i would much rather a game entirely populated by the casual rather than the 'hardcore'. Let the 'hardcore' gamers go play DOTA and pretend it's a sport.

If 'hardcore' gamers are attracted to M:BG, i only hope there are enough casuals to stop them turning the community completely toxic and insular.

Man, casual players don't even play cRPG...
A casual player doesn't install a mod for a game to begin with.

IMO 99% of the cRPG players are gamers, not casual players.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 01:39:35 am »
That's what a casual would say.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 01:58:08 am »
It would be awesome if M:BG was made with E-sports in mind.
I hope they add a ladder and match making system.

M:BG would work well for E-sport. 1vs1/5vs5 duels.
Making the game E-sports friendly would make the game more popular and sell more.
I hope the donkeycrew sees the pattern between e-sports and sold copies...

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 05:33:03 am »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 08:08:00 am »
+1
To me that sounds like the fun kinda 'casual' toxicity people enjoy, not 'OMG you noob get gud, why arent you playing in the optimal fashion? This match is so important to me!' that the lovely hardcores like to bring.

It's immensely unappealing to me that people can actually make a living by basement-dwelling and playing someone else's game. To a point i understand and even approve of Lets Players because what they're bringing is their own personality and entertainment in a pure form the same way as a radio presenter or comedian does otherwise they arent successful. But getting paid for 'being good' at a computer games, clicks per second etc, it rubs me the wrong way, especially in a game as a tedious as DOTA or LoL.

That's like saying only the inventor of football or tennis should get paid for it.

Believe it or not competitive gaming works because people want to watch it. So they get paid to play the shitty games while advertisers and sponsors spam their logos all over everything for dirt cheap advertising. So the spergs who like watching the "pro gamers" get the latest terrible Razor ELITE GAMER MOUSE shoved down their throats.

They aren't getting paid for "being good" they are getting paid just enough money to make it sound worthwhile even though the sponsors and event runners and so forth make 10000 times more then them.

Also the combat scene in the kickstarter for M:BG with the narrated xbowman being ambushed looked like a fucking staged thing but not even good at that. Like all choppy forcing the models into fake weapon collisions in what was intended to be " exciting combat" but was stiff wooden awkward and kind of silly. I don't even believe this game has a combat system at all yet to be honest.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login