Author Topic: Nova Aetas  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Nova Aetas
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:50:24 pm »
Just want to tip you guys, there's a pretty cool singleplayer mod that was released a few days ago which I've been following for a year called Nova Aetas, it's abit buggy as of now but it's still so insanely impressive. It's like Warband 6.0

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,372.0.html

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Nova Aetas
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:58:56 am »
i've tried to start it out a couple of days ago, but what shook me off a bit was that during the first 30 minutes of exploring the map, i hardly encountered any parties i could fight (brigands,bandits etc), compared to ACOC mod which actually has too many of those. Was it my luck or is that intentional? Cause personally that's how i prefer to level up in the early stages of campaign.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:07:18 pm »
I've been getting that yearly Warband singleplayer itch again, but ACOK sucks and I can't play PoP for like the fourth time, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.

i've tried to start it out a couple of days ago, but what shook me off a bit was that during the first 30 minutes of exploring the map, i hardly encountered any parties i could fight (brigands,bandits etc), compared to ACOC mod which actually has too many of those. Was it my luck or is that intentional? Cause personally that's how i prefer to level up in the early stages of campaign.
I have googled a lack of bandits before and from what I gathered some of the spawn scripts don't always run on game start for some mods, and that the situation normalizes after an ingame week. In my experience this has worked. Try just fast forwarding for seven days or doing some crappy quests and after that check again for bandits.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:35:32 pm »
I've been getting that yearly Warband singleplayer itch again, but ACOK sucks and I can't play PoP for like the fourth time, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.
I have googled a lack of bandits before and from what I gathered some of the spawn scripts don't always run on game start for some mods, and that the situation normalizes after an ingame week. In my experience this has worked. Try just fast forwarding for seven days or doing some crappy quests and after that check again for bandits.
Will try doing that, cheers ! Overall this mod looks more promising than ACOK, definitely.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:49:32 pm »
Looks nice, is it very buggy? Tired of crashing so many times in ACOK, going to try it.

Edit: Tried it, some sea raiders in the north. The stabs look so weird to me, though. And the overhead polearm stab seems to have hit detection longer than the animation (either that, or I lagged in SP), take care with it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 03:17:22 pm by Moncho »

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 09:05:11 am »
I can recomendend you 1429 : la Guerre de Cent Ans - Steel Edition - http://www.moddb.com/mods/1429-la-guerre-de-cent-ans-steel-edition
Its really good mod with nice weapons and armors.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 09:10:22 am »
nova aetas is awesome mod , pretty buggy though, it has huge potentional. I keep reporting buggs and trying to contribute to its development as mucha s i can. It is pretty playable at this state except tiny bug when you defend castle or town and attacker morale starts to waver and they start to retreat to corner of the map and you cant win :(
and why is this in M&B 2?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:42:46 am by Latvian »
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 08:31:45 pm »
I can recomendend you 1429 : la Guerre de Cent Ans - Steel Edition - http://www.moddb.com/mods/1429-la-guerre-de-cent-ans-steel-edition
Its really good mod with nice weapons and armors.

Can't find any link for that subforum. Moddb states what will be new, but what are the features themselves of the mod?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 11:06:11 am »
I am very sorely missing some basic OSP mechanic improvement mods that are usually present in any mod. Like that battles continue when you are dead, especially with firearms around I think this is a must-have. Another one I love is automatic equipment management for your companions. The mod seems very low on OSP resources while I think they smooth the game out significantly and take a lot of the tedium away.

Apart from that, the different factions seemed interesting, they seem to have put some work in lore-building, and the whole New World deal was enticing.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 02:11:12 pm »
"They" is actually one guy, all done in a year.