Author Topic: Map removal request  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Map removal request
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:32:35 am »
Please remove Wallace map.

While the revisions made are getting better, map is still horrible to play.  Its just a big clusterfuck in the middle after you pass thru gates.  Not to mention walking up hills at 1/4 speed and getting stuck on edges isnt fun.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Map removal request
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:40:24 am »
Wrong section brah. Would have been better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:26:11 am »
Also please remove Helms Deep.  Defenders win 90% of the matches meaning the map isnt fun or balanced

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 06:47:04 am »

While the revisions made are getting better, map is still horrible to play.  Its just a big clusterfuck in the middle after you pass thru gates.  Not to mention walking up hills at 1/4 speed and getting stuck on edges isnt fun.
it is meant to be a concentrated bloody siege rather than most maps where everyone runs off in every which way, not necessarily helping the siege towards the flag.
It is pretty balanced for attackers and defenders, although some tweaks need to be made here and there -- put your suggestions in his thread on what to fix.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 06:48:51 pm »

Also please remove Helms Deep.  Defenders win 90% of the matches meaning the map isnt fun or balanced

I havent played Wallaces Map for a while(not sense the original) but its new  and different. I dont see whats really wrong with it. It took a bit to grow on me, but i believe it really spices things up.

And Helms Deep? Really? That map is one of my all time FAVORITES! And if you work together Attackers have no problem taking that one down. Besides i think sieges should be harder for attackers, but thats just me. It would be dumb if it wasnt a challenge of the mind to take a castle. Be kinda dumb if you just hade to keep throwing people at the castle to win. Some of the older castles where there was only one point of entry got lame quick for me.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:19:47 pm »
it is meant to be a concentrated bloody siege rather than most maps where everyone runs off in every which way, not necessarily helping the siege towards the flag.
It is pretty balanced for attackers and defenders, although some tweaks need to be made here and there -- put your suggestions in his thread on what to fix.

No its not balanced. 

Scenario 1
Defenders massacre attackers because attackers have to go uphill EVERYWHERE at 1/4 speed and ranged to death

Scanerio 2
Attackers sneak in the back without anyone ever seeing them or caring, because they're all clusterfucking the gate and game ends instantly.

Walking uphill 90% of the map negates any speed based characters....not fun.  Game is already increbilby unbalanced in favor of STR monkeys

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »
There is a thread for this ,  where you can actually vote.

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:36:56 am »
The siege map thread with screenshots has been unlocked and the pictures are now posted. Go and nominate what you want removed.
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin