Author Topic: Dota 2 cRPG Guild (Discuss Dota here)  (Read 272105 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Dota 2 - Team cRPG?
« Reply #450 on: May 24, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »
Sniper, Sven and Night Stalker are OP heroes?

Nightstalker dominates early game during night time. Loses effectiveness at the 30min mark though. Sven with BKB, his ulti, a stun and cleave slices through teams. Put him in the middle of a fight and watch as the entire enemy teams health just collapses. Then all you need to do is mop up. Coupled with late game farm and he'll get kills easily with high damage. Sniper gets high damage and very high attack speed towards late game. Early game he's useful for ganking because with a his mini-stuns he's very difficult to run from. So if you have someone who can let off a 2-3 second stun an enemy is fucked. Running from him is near impossible with his ulti and with shadow blade he's difficult to catch without a lengthy stun or hex.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:22:27 pm by Overdriven »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2013, 01:19:22 pm »
OP!!, had a game where i was darkseer solo off, we had enigma jungle, skywrath and gyro topfarm (dire) and warlock mid, now guys that was some wubwubwubwombo combo haahaa, that sir is op, not this farm dependent eazy to shut down sven ns sniper.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2013, 01:21:25 pm »
HotD, Necro and Manta. On Meepo.

With shared unit control with Broodmother, Visage, Lone Druid and Enchantress. Oh and Chen.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:25:25 pm by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:47 pm »
And the game becomes a fast-paced RTS.   :)

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2013, 01:25:06 pm »
OP!!, had a game where i was darkseer solo off, we had enigma jungle, skywrath and gyro topfarm (dire) and warlock mid, now guys that was some wubwubwubwombo combo haahaa, that sir is op, not this farm dependent eazy to shut down sven ns sniper.

Warlock is a bitch to play against though. He can effectively add an extra 4 people to a fight as well as his huge area attack. There's a reason he's almost always picked in captains mode. Dark Seer is similar from that aspect with his bloody illusion creating wall. A good team definitely dominates if they can shut down enemy farm and use their TF abilities well. Of which that team has plenty with Enigma, Dark Seer and Warlock. But the average dota team doesn't really do that.

Actually that's another reason I don't like CM to much. You see the same standard bans and picks every game.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2013, 01:37:39 pm »
Nightstalker dominates early game during night time. Loses effectiveness at the 30min mark though. Sven with BKB, his ulti, a stun and cleave slices through teams. Put him in the middle of a fight and watch as the entire enemy teams health just collapses. Then all you need to do is mop up. Coupled with late game farm and he'll get kills easily with high damage. Sniper gets high damage and very high attack speed towards late game. Early game he's useful for ganking because with a his mini-stuns he's very difficult to run from. So if you have someone who can let off a 2-3 second stun an enemy is fucked. Running from him is near impossible with his ulti and with shadow blade he's difficult to catch without a lengthy stun or hex.

Both Night Stalker and Sven are very good heroes, but they're nowhere near OP. As you mentioned Night Stalker's strength tends to fall off during late game, and Sven is just a walking stun until he gets fat.
But Sniper? Sniper is considered one of the worst carries, because he is very squishy and has no escape mechanism. Shadow Blade is mainly an offensive item, not an escape one (unless you play against people who don't buy dust/sentrie when they see one).

"OP" heroes are heroes like Batrider, Magnus and Nyx Assassin.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 24, 2013, 01:57:27 pm »
Both Night Stalker and Sven are very good heroes, but they're nowhere near OP. As you mentioned Night Stalker's strength tends to fall off during late game, and Sven is just a walking stun until he gets fat.
But Sniper? Sniper is considered one of the worst carries, because he is very squishy and has no escape mechanism. Shadow Blade is mainly an offensive item, not an escape one (unless you play against people who don't buy dust/sentrie when they see one).

"OP" heroes are heroes like Batrider, Magnus and Nyx Assassin.

I have rarely seen bat rider played well. Magnus is frequently little more than a great initiator but Nyx I can more understand, particularly if there is a squishy team to attack. The thing is though, if Sven does get fat he completely dominates and he isn't all that hard to get to that stage unless you're playing against a team who shut you down aggressively early game.

Yeah there's a reason why people say Sniper is rubbish when I've requested him on CM. But I usually insist and recently I've been getting a lot of kills in those games where they say that. Particularly because I've changed my build to focus on damage rather than attack speed. In one a guy complained massively and within the first 10 minutes I had 8 kills. Fact is a lot of people don't buy dust or sentry wards and sniper is a fantastic character to take advantage of that. I've found his main downfall is against invis characters like Nyx, Riki, Clinkz and Bounty because of his squishiness. They can majorly capitalise on that early game until you get Shadow Blade. But against a normal team he holds up extremely well.

I'm sure at top level these things are completely different. But I'm talking about the average dota game because that's the level the majority of people play.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 24, 2013, 02:55:05 pm »
Magnus is frequently little more than a great initiator

Most of the time a great initiation is all you need to win a teamfight, and Magnus has one of the best (if not the best one). I've often seen teams with XP/gold advantage lose because they lacked initiation (or because the opponents had better one).

The thing is though, if Sven does get fat he completely dominates and he isn't all that hard to get to that stage unless you're playing against a team who shut you down aggressively early game.

A fat Sven is scary, but there's worse (think fat Gyrocopter or Phantom Lancer).

Fact is a lot of people don't buy dust or sentry wards

Just teammates.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 24, 2013, 03:29:50 pm »
I've found Sniper very effective at harrasing enemies in the laning phase and finishing off people that run from ganks early on, but other than that, nothing special really

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 24, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »
Most of the time a great initiation is all you need to win a teamfight, and Magnus has one of the best (if not the best one). I've often seen teams with XP/gold advantage lose because they lacked initiation (or because the opponents had better one).

A fat Sven is scary, but there's worse (think fat Gyrocopter or Phantom Lancer).

Just teammates.

Hmm I wouldn't say Gyro is scary. But Phantom Lancer is one of the worst to play against if farmed.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #460 on: May 24, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »
I've found Sniper very effective at harrasing enemies in the laning phase and finishing off people that run from ganks early on, but other than that, nothing special really

The thing is, if anyone throws a reliable stun at Sniper he's pretty much dead.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 24, 2013, 06:13:23 pm »
Lol Sniper. 400 damage a shot every 0.45s. We went for a TF and Invoker disconnected so we lost. A long wait to respawn as I was 25 and they were raping our base. Disruptor respawns with beastmaster, holds them off and then I spawn back and instantly kill 3 of them whilst Naga and Invoker got the other two. Then it was a matter of easy rape.

Sniper is awesome.

The thing is, if anyone throws a reliable stun at Sniper he's pretty much dead.

That is true. But that's why you have to be careful with sniper. As long as you play sensibly you can avoid it or shadow blade just before the stun gets there so it doesn't matter.

Edit:

Just won a game with Jakiro and got 5 kills. 57/15 overall and didn't die once  :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:58:58 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #462 on: May 24, 2013, 07:57:13 pm »
Lol Sniper. 400 damage a shot every 0.45s. We went for a TF and Invoker disconnected so we lost. A long wait to respawn as I was 25 and they were raping our base. Disruptor respawns with beastmaster, holds them off and then I spawn back and instantly kill 3 of them whilst Naga and Invoker got the other two. Then it was a matter of easy rape.

Sniper is awesome.

That is true. But that's why you have to be careful with sniper. As long as you play sensibly you can avoid it or shadow blade just before the stun gets there so it doesn't matter.

Edit:

Just won a game with Jakiro and got 5 kills. 57/15 overall and didn't die once  :)

Wish I could still get games where people never bought dust/wards/gem.  :(

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:23 pm »
+1
Hmm I wouldn't say Gyro is scary.

He's one of the strongest carries right now.

Wish I could still get games where people never bought dust/wards/gem.  :(

I wouldn't. Stomping noobs gets boring fast.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #464 on: May 24, 2013, 08:08:52 pm »
If gyropcopter catches you without anyone else around and uses rocket barrage on you, and he even has a tiny level/gear advantage..

You can kiss your ass goodbye, it's super scary.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!