Poll

Current state of ranged:

Ranged should stay the same
Crossbows should be nerfed
Archers and crossbows should be nerfed

Author Topic: The Ranged Problem.  (Read 24261 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: The Ranged Problem.
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2017, 12:59:47 pm »
This doesn't seem "normal" to me, this suggests the class was not at all appealing to play.

You and "normal" shouldn't even be put into the same sentence. Ofc it wasn't "appealing" to brainless easy-moders who wanted to top the scoreboards without putting any effort into their game, that's why they all went to be archers. It wasn't perfect but it was more "normal" than this shit we have now.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2017, 01:08:50 pm »
+2
Haven't read through all of this, I just wonder if we have come to any conclusion so far?

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2017, 01:40:09 pm »
+3
Is it not fair to think that nerfing one class also buffs another? This whole rock paper scissor thing is real u know.

Cav will be stronger if ranged is nerfed, then melee players will say cav is too strong, true?? or nah
I'm just thinking in a different way to this and i havn't read through all 16 pages haaaa

I'm just saying be careful how you change ranged need to think of what other things might happen, cav will take less damage, hell that might even be a good thing, do horses get 2 shot from ranged? i don't know..

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2017, 01:45:11 pm »
+1
Is it not fair to think that nerfing one class also buffs another?

Indeed, thats why nerfing/buffing without proper testing can cause more problems than it solves. Like the word "balance" pre-suppose, its very hard to reach a point where everything weights equally!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2017, 02:02:26 pm »
+1
Is it not fair to think that nerfing one class also buffs another? This whole rock paper scissor thing is real u know.

Cav will be stronger if ranged is nerfed, then melee players will say cav is too strong, true?? or nah
I'm just thinking in a different way to this and i havn't read through all 16 pages haaaa

I'm just saying be careful how you change ranged need to think of what other things might happen, cav will take less damage, hell that might even be a good thing, do horses get 2 shot from ranged? i don't know..

I think buffing polearm stab is on the cards too. That is the natural counter to cav and the stab is kind of awkward atm. It was also suggested to make cav rear from 0 damage pierce stabs in the head like they used to.

I don't know about everyone else but if I die to cavalry I at least feel like I can blame myself for not being aware enough, for missing a block or for missing a swing/stab. That to me is much more enjoyable gameplay than random damage from an unseen enemy, or thinking that guys have a ranged weapon as well as pretty much the same class as me if they enter melee
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The best clans
  • Game nicks: Fungus Von Krems, Lyall, Bydand Fungus, Fungus The Saracen
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2017, 04:16:55 pm »
+1
Buffing pole stab in general I think would aid with the ranged problem, as more people would be inclined to play a hoplite class with a shield

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2017, 04:33:13 pm »
+1

I know this sounds bad, but a little weight off of the cav nerf won't hurt anything IMO. I play cav a lot and my horse is often taken down in a single arrow/crossbow/thrown headshot + speed bonus, or one good slash from any melee weapon + speed bonus. Also polearms with shorter length (like the bec) can actually "out reach" a lance; if you release your stab early, the very end portion of the animation (the part of the swing that does NO damage) is still capable of rearing a horse when it dinks it, allowing polearms to use their full length against cav. I play bait cav a lot where i just roll up in groupfights and let my horse absorb hits while my teammates kill the enemies, and my horse goes down in 2 or 3 hits without speed bonus. Kinda crazy. I mean the most annoying cav players are the ones you never even get a chance to hit; the ones that lurk and wait until archers/infantry are fighting/shooting and then charge in.

But i'll wait until this thread has simmered down before I start another balance thread

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2017, 05:04:01 pm »
+3
I know this sounds bad, but a little weight off of the cav nerf won't hurt anything IMO. I play cav a lot and my horse is often taken down in a single arrow/crossbow/thrown headshot + speed bonus, or one good slash from any melee weapon + speed bonus. Also polearms with shorter length (like the bec) can actually "out reach" a lance; if you release your stab early, the very end portion of the animation (the part of the swing that does NO damage) is still capable of rearing a horse when it dinks it, allowing polearms to use their full length against cav. I play bait cav a lot where i just roll up in groupfights and let my horse absorb hits while my teammates kill the enemies, and my horse goes down in 2 or 3 hits without speed bonus. Kinda crazy. I mean the most annoying cav players are the ones you never even get a chance to hit; the ones that lurk and wait until archers/infantry are fighting/shooting and then charge in.

But i'll wait until this thread has simmered down before I start another balance thread

I agree with this. At the same time though many horses can slow down far too quickly, I'd be up for a big buff to horse HP/armour and a nerf to their maneuverability.

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »
I agree with this. At the same time though many horses can slow down far too quickly, I'd be up for a big buff to horse HP/armour and a nerf to their maneuverability.

i agree completely. armor/hp buff

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »
+1
A little sarcasm never hurt anyone.

Idk, from my experience devs get hurt by sarcasm all the time.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:36 pm »
+9
Haven't read through all of this, I just wonder if we have come to any conclusion so far?

Buff 2h I think

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The best clans
  • Game nicks: Fungus Von Krems, Lyall, Bydand Fungus, Fungus The Saracen
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2017, 09:32:08 pm »
+7

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2017, 10:01:08 pm »
+1
Buff 2h I think
buff 2h and attache a retractable chain on it so you can retrieve it fast after throwing it at xbowman before they can reload.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2017, 10:03:32 pm »
+7
buff 2h and attache a retractable chain on it so you can throw it at xbowman before they can reload and retrieve it fast.

Actually if my memory serves me right, the general consensus reached in all the previous "balance" ranged threads was to make greatswords be able to shoot lazor beams.

Then melee could just shoot ranged themselves while shouting "filthy ranged scum".

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2017, 12:30:06 am »
+1
Actually if my memory serves me right, the general consensus reached in all the previous "balance" ranged threads was to make greatswords be able to shoot lazor beams.

Then melee could just shoot ranged themselves while shouting "filthy ranged scum".

Well you could turn 2h's into the lightsabers in bearforce 2, that would spice things up a lot. Would honestly make the game a lot of fun again, no yoke.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA