Author Topic: Need map? tell me what you want id be happy to make it  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
Re: Need map? tell me what you want id be happy to make it
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »
+1
It might be, surround the maps sides and top with valley_rock_flat plant prop scaled x20 or even larger if needed. Then add some of the tunnel props and lots (lots) of rocks to give the impression of being underground, that should make it pretty dark and torches useful.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 10:39:11 pm »

Maps updated to fix issues
KINGS RETREAT
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2987
-Updated spawn points to prevent attackers spawning inside castle

PRISON BREAK
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3014
-Spawn points fixed
-Added barriers to prevent glitching
-Added new exit for attackers (prisoners)
-optimized to remove any lag

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 09:02:32 pm »
hi voodoox! I just want to point a gllitch in your island castle siege map. this map is well balance when you know it, but there is a place archer can go and where they geta perfect spot to make a arrow rain on falg defender. The only problem is that I don't think you are suppose to get here.

the way to get to that spot: you climb the volcano when near back back door rigth and you make a jump to the wall that contain back door, here an archer can shoot on the defender as long that no defender go there and kill him or that someone get a very good headshot(more lucky than good) the rest of the map is good, just that little point that make it a bit less funny ( I will not point the fact that there is no lava in volcano we are not suppose to go inside :wink:)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 10:24:10 pm »
thanks ill add a barrier

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:04 am »
Well ranne, i finished the village order if u want to see what i can do. i dont know how good i am i guess but id say its pretty good but im partial    8-)  if u had  something different in mind let me know, but i think this one has 3 rooftops, and 2 guard towers. the rest on foot heres some screenshots also there is a junk barrier of carts and things u can see in the image with the guy thats hanging and it stops people from head rushing each-other for more tactics.

DOWNLOAD LINKhttp://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2995
Voodoo, in the first map you made it's possible to fall through the stairs up to the wall by the gatehouse by the red team spawn and get stuck between the wall and the stairs unable to get out.  Would it be possible for you to fix that?  Best solution would be just to remove the stairs I guess, stince the other team doesn't really have access to high ground like that from what I saw.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 07:48:02 am »
here u go damug its alot like 109 with some artistic touchs  :P

Just a simple battle map

with 3 rooftops center connected on one

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3007
For this one the village didn't seem active enough, needs a bit more going on then 4 houses and a stable.  There's some floating vegetation by the one pond thing.  Also, there's a ladder to the top of one house, but it seems like you can't actually get on the top, therefore I'd suggest either removing the ladder or allowing access to the roof.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 07:50:17 am »
So sayeth the LLJK collective after trying both out tonight.  Both maps have promise, but in their current state don't meet our high server demands on map quality.

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »
ok ill fix it up a bit been busy only way to check if a maps good is to play it and tweak it a map will never be perfect first time out .. its just the rules :) i can only do so much self testing that basically involves me walking all over the map looking for glitches but some will slip by. as for the small village map it was so small i didn't even test it that's my fault

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 05:57:12 pm »
post your support for me here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11050.msg158278.html#msg158278 applying for dev team to make maps

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2011, 01:53:08 am »
Voodoox is da man! You mind if we use some of these maps when we get our server back up?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia