Author Topic: Mercs and Mercs  (Read 12590 times)

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Mercs and Mercs
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »
Yet you can't really think, that when you put a clan tag in front of your name, your actions won't be linked to the clan. If you are just loosely tied individuals, why even bother with a clan or a clan tag? You could just hang out in TS and be BFFs.
You can still be hired for fights, no difference whatsoever.
Correct me, if I am wrong: A clan tag will relate you to your clan and an action taken with that clan tag will be linked to the clan. One post in the forum will never change the way of things are handled in general.
I just wonder, if you are asking for a special treatment for the merc-clan to not be treated as a clan unless it pleases you?

Just my 2c!

That.

And while i have no problem with most of the mercs there are some which i dislike for their behavior or general attitude.

About those few:
When i was no admin i always used the term "the mercs" while trash talking with those people just to make sure they were aware it might influence how the clan is viewed in the community.
At that point no one really cared about it.
Still sorry if i used it as an admin.
Anyway it MUST have been obvious to you guys that nominating Nuffen FOUR times on one day might make us take the people in question less serious and also be less patient to their behavior at least for a while...

For me it's just hard right now to take those people who know who they are seriously so i take most of their talk for trolling at least when done ingame.
Sorry this ended in a mute multiple times during the last two days but it basically made me able to ignore it.

I will not do that anymore and consider this thing as done.
This does not mean that you enjoy any kind of special treatment and the rules still apply to you.

With the rest of the Mercs i'm just cool.

I understand that if people dont like their armor scratched...admin could say through admin chat to stop that. But no, BAN and job done :)

So you know you are breaking the server rules, you know people don't like being team attacked and STILL you do it for multiple rounds in a row and expect me to warn you?
Really?
Not gonna happen man.
I expect retired players to know the basic rules.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 11:47:41 pm »

No offence to the many mercs whom i actually respect =).

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • And a good day to you, good sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 11:53:13 pm »
In my eyes, this whole thread just adds to the general conception: The Mercs are a bunch of ego-centric narcissists, that needs a thread about how they don't like that people are hating on them.

Sorry man, a clans reputation is based on what its members do. If you're together with a bunch of whining and loud ego-centrics, then you're bound to be hated as well. Deal with it. We Templars certainly are.

You should all go get this t-shirt, at once.
(click to show/hide)

P.S.: Lovely how you just had to post your members list as well. What relevance  :lol:
PPS.: Awww ... some Mercs are raging at my "AwesomeBar"  :cry: - It's hard to deal with reality, truly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:02:27 am by Vanular »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06:11 am »
So much hate :|

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:31 am »
Lol.
Today I was permanently banned from all EU servers without any warning or explanation by admin I've never seen before (I believe it is a new one). And guess why he prob banned me? I was lvl 1 (just retired) and tried to cut some of my teammate tincans with knife... Obviously they had no damage at all, but it didn't stop admin from banning me without warning or reason. IMHO chadz need to revise the admin strategy to stop such BS going on. I understand that if people dont like their armor scratched...admin could say through admin chat to stop that. But no, BAN and job done :)

P.S. Also I was banned from risen server for asking whther they like mein kampf....no kidding.
I literally typed this in chat "do you like mein kampf"?
And BAM..permabanned. Job done, right?

well deserved ban (at least for the 1st case for sure), i totally hate it when peasants run around and try to hit others, even if they cause no damage.

I think people should at least basicly roleplay even in battles (like don't try to hit friendly knights, if sbdy slashes really like an idiot with sideswings in the middle of the melee than slash him back etc...).

unluckily than there is always a danger of admin being around that will ban you for TKill or THit on purpose, while the one that has no common sense and fights like an idiot spamming in the middle of friendlies can stay in a game and laugh.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 12:09:35 am »
So much hate :|

Perhaps, but you (the clan) have been calling for it, and even thriving by it, since you started.

If you (you, sieem) don't like it, perhaps you should leave the mercs?  :rolleyes:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 12:10:56 am »
If you (you, sieem) don't like it, perhaps you should leave the mercs?  :rolleyes:

And join who exactly?

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 12:12:50 am »
I think people should at least basicly roleplay even in battles (like don't try to hit friendly knights, if sbdy slashes really like an idiot with sideswings in the middle of the melee than slash him back etc...).

unluckily than there is always a danger of admin being around that will ban you for TKill or THit on purpose, while the one that has no common sense and fights like an idiot spamming in the middle of friendlies can stay in a game and laugh.

*hugs beauchamp* i said many times that you were a bundle of sticks but at least you're cool :)

edit : about nuffen, well i don't really have a problem with you, i just nominated you to defend a friend because he didn't deserve it, it's stupid i know, but well i admit i was still raging about last time you kicked/muted/banned me :)
about meow, trolling is part of this crpg, at least it's the way i see it, i didn't really have a prob with you before you started taunting me, muting, well, being unpleasant, but yeh recently you obviously showed some hate against me, can't do much about it

about haters ... haters gonna hate, even if oberyn writes an awesome thread
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:18:14 am by Olwen »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 12:13:08 am »
Yeah, Meow, we know how 4 nominations in a day look like, hence the thread. A lot of us did not support that, voted No and actually argued against the nominations.
Mercs don't have no single opinion and are hardly a clan. We are simply a collection of players, do not judge us by the actions of the other mercs, like you do not judge clanless players, because of the actions of other clanless players.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 12:19:19 am »
I don't think admins are against us, its bullshit. But admins think that we think! we are excluded from rules? this is just an another bullshit.

You guys are (haters) completely missing our qualities. We are here since the ancient times of cRPG. I personally have finished an armor&weapons pack for community. All for community.
Cmp, Vargas, Varyag, Mustikki, Ptx, Phazh all working for you, administrating, making maps, developing the mod...Tell me which one of you didn't use the Character planner and XP calculator?
How many players out there carrying Merc banner because we are capable of winning a round for you?
Who tested the first strategus beta battle?

Yes we do have trolls in the clan, yes some of us rage as hell. Yeah I agree on that. It doesn't mean we are bad guys. We are just here longer than many of you and we are really bored, but we also help the community.

Judge us, hate us, punish us. But be fair that's all I'm asking.

Noctivagant (to avoid naming other admins)

Cheers man

(click to show/hide)

Sit Yo 5$...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2011, 12:22:14 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 12:24:11 am »
And join who exactly?

Well, that's not up for me to decide - I'm sure you can find out yourself  :)

Alternatively, if Oberyn actually wanted to deal with the issue of being hated, he could actually do something about it and kick some of their more  ... carismatic (?) ... members - Or perhaps create a set of rules for behaviour. I don't see why you're making this the general cRPG players fault when the blame obviously can only lie with the clan.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:25:19 am by Vanular »

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2011, 12:29:26 am »
(click to show/hide)

RACIST, well at least i'm leading the cycle,

ANARCHY ! :p

vanular you're pathetic trying to split us :D i offered to leave, they asked me to stay, i donno if admins will allow it and i don't know if i want it, i won't come back soon, all i can say,  i like the mercs because they're fun people to play with and we laughed a lot together, it's the only things that links me to crpg atm, and well if you can't make a difference between 2 people ... ( complete this sentence yourself )

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2011, 12:31:03 am »
vanular you're pathetic trying to split us :D

No  :D By all means, stick together. Just don't bitch about it when people hate you. The only one to blame for that is yourselves.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2011, 12:35:57 am »
snip

P.S. Also I was banned from risen server for asking whther they like mein kampf....no kidding.
I literally typed this in chat "do you like mein kampf"?
And BAM..permabanned. Job done, right?

"and BAM... permabanned." I was the one who banned you btw. After I logged on long after the incident since you ran away after they said you were gonna get banned. So it wasn't BAM permabanned. I can't say exactly how shit happened on the server, I just got instructions that if Varyag gets back on the Risen server then he should be banned for being a chocolate chip cookie. So stop saying you were instantly banned, liar.

And as I told you later that day (on shogunate_cRPG I think) You were banned because of facism/YMCA and that I wasn't there I just got the memo that you were a ban on sight (since you ran away before they could ban you)and that if you want an unban you should post a request in the Risen server ban/unban request thread or PM Thovex or Chryseus.

That being said, the mercs can't hide behind the "we are mercenaries" mantra when they have a huge amount of land in Strategus. I actually think it is really sad that a clan that actually fight over territory is called Mercs and not an organisation that helps people that doesn't want to be in a clan to still fight in Strategus battles. You know, like swords-for-hire or mercenaries. Although I guess a namechange for the clan would be too cumbersome to do.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia