Author Topic: Scene Editing: How To  (Read 16967 times)

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Scene Editing: How To
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 04:58:42 pm »
You either do a hack job and replace an existing map with the new .sco file or you have to code it in with the module system.

But as a mapper I find editing the text files to work perfectly fine. I just hand the maps and their terrain codes over to my server admins or the members of the mod team I am making maps for. Easy :)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 02:21:11 am »
I just overwrite village scenes in SP or multiplayer scenes on a LAN server...it works well enough and is easy to set up.  You can always throw down new terrain by editing scenes.txt if you want.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »
Hey guys!
I was talking to Nasturtium about this last night and I decided to go look it all up and post what I found. 
For people making scenes, here's a list of all the outer scenic rings that I found in the brf files.  Enjoy!

-Legal

outer_terrain_plain
outer_terrain_snow
outer_terrain_steppe
outer_terrain_town_thir_1
outer_terrain_castle_9
outer_terrain_desert
outer_terrain_desert_b
outer_terrain_beach
outer_terrain_plain_2
outer_terrain_snow_2
outer_terrain_steppe_2
sea_outer_terrain_1
sea_outer_terrain_2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:13:14 am »
Made a new super duper simple tutorial for the ultra lazy.  And I'm pretty sure it actually works.  Amazing.  Airith can you add this link as a poor man's alternative to the Turanien guide in your OP?

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1385.0.html

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:43 am »
This is the tutorial I've always referenced: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,89831.msg2321184.html#msg2321184 (by Arch3r)
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:52 am »
That tutorial is fantastic for entry point infos.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 02:23:14 am »
I think I screwed up the Maser of the Field objects. There were two of them under my map while I was making it. And I deleted them. Now I need to get them back but I am not sure exactly how to do that. I did find the object name for the pole and each flag(I think). But I don't know what needs to be done to make them actually work and rise when folks get close.

On another note, is there a way to either make a lot of shrubbery without manually clicking each shrub in place and without using the vegetation slider? Also, is there a way to basically duplicate an object that I have manipulated using x,y,z axis? Basically, I have a lot of one type of bush that I want to a) double in size and b) use A LOT. Manually placing each and resizing each is driving me insane.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:26:07 am by Kung Fu Jesus »
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 03:38:01 am »
I think I screwed up the Maser of the Field objects. There were two of them under my map while I was making it. And I deleted them. Now I need to get them back but I am not sure exactly how to do that. I did find the object name for the pole and each flag(I think). But I don't know what needs to be done to make them actually work and rise when folks get close.

On another note, is there a way to either make a lot of shrubbery without manually clicking each shrub in place and without using the vegetation slider? Also, is there a way to basically duplicate an object that I have manipulated using x,y,z axis? Basically, I have a lot of one type of bush that I want to a) double in size and b) use A LOT. Manually placing each and resizing each is driving me insane.
You can adjust/position the object before placing it, then each time you place it, it will be that size or orientation.  Don't forget you can also type in the x y z size scales manually (default is 1.00000, put 1.5000 to make it 50% bigger, etc).

And as far as MOTF, I'm pretty sure you just need to place the entry points (66-68 I think?  Or 67-69?) and it will work fine.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 08:35:34 am »
So for the MotF I only need the entry points, not the objects(pole/flags)?

And I figured out how to duplicate resized objects. You cannot manually do one and change each axis. You must use B to resize the first one, then you can just plop them down over and over.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 08:42:23 am »
Awesome I actually didn't know you could do that.  I have a map I now need to revisit.  :P

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »
So for the MotF I only need the entry points, not the objects(pole/flags)?

And I figured out how to duplicate resized objects. You cannot manually do one and change each axis. You must use B to resize the first one, then you can just plop them down over and over.
You can actually do it both ways.  Either a) put the object down and type in the resize values manually for each object, or b) use B to size the object up, then place a bunch of them at once.  The problem with the former is that its time consuming, and the problem with the latter is that its less precise.

and yes, for MOTF all you need is the entry point.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:27 am »
Great stuff guys! It really helped a million different questions. Though quick scene chooser and the "module one" are useless to most of you they do work. I went through everything and now have 3 ways to make maps. But I find downloading Kong Mings blank maps after copying a new mod and then doing the whole "host multiplayer game" to be these least headache. Its really simple  and makes me very happy. I had to delete an almost finished map when I figured that one. Thank you :P

Anyways, one question left: How do you make open/close doors, open/close gate/ and destructible gate/doors?
(Ok that was basically 3)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:12 am »
They are precoded. Load a map that has them and note down the prop name, then place those in your maps. I think the castle_f_door*, earth_sally_gate* and viking_keep_sally_gate* or something are those I've already used.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 01:19:02 am »
If you're wondering about the winch/portcullis, look at the link that CtrAlt posted above.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 06:52:55 pm »
Alright, thanks!!!!:D I do really LOVE this community. You guys always seem to follow up on your forums. People that play M&B are great people, even the "bad guys" we love to hate.

One last question: "Phantom Flag". I have put a flag (nord) down in my castle for siege. Another one I constantly delete reappears in different locals on my map. Ive seen this issue with another map ive played on the servers. Its bugging me. I know theres a way point to place for a flag. Do I just delete both flags--the phantom and the one I placed-- and just put the way point for it to work for every faction?