Author Topic: Strategus-Battles: XP-earnings related to levels  (Read 757 times)

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Strategus-Battles: XP-earnings related to levels
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:19:38 am »
Hello, dear fans of cRPG and Strategus.

While I was trying to fall asleep last night, I kinda thought about the old Strategus-Battles and the massive amounts of gained XP at the later state of bigger clashes. With the new XP/Gold-gaining system, it probably will not be like it anymore, that you will get about 1-2million XP per battle when it's 5kvs5k Troops. I don't know if battles will still stay the same though, that they might last up to 2hours, even with recalculated troopcount. This idea is based on the way the old Strategusbattles worked together with the new XP-system. What I'd like to suggest for this is the following:

Make XP-gain dependent of level. As far as I got it, we want to reduce the toughness of being a peasant a bit by reducing the amount of XP needed to be at least a bit helpful in normal cRPG. As cRPG won't stop people from retiring their mains, Battles will have a slight function of easier XP-grind for lowlvl chars too. I though about it that way:

Characters with level below 10 probably won't get accepted anyways, as they more or less are ticketwasters without accomplishing anything at most times except being cannonfodder. If they do get accepted though, I'd suggest giving them a Tick-timer of 30seconds and a Multiplier of 5. That makes 5k XP (+slight gen bonus for most mains) each 30seconds in battle. They could, if the battle lasts long enough, even become useful midbattle again due to faster leveling.

Characters with lvls between 10 to 20: Tick-timer 30seconds, Multiplier 4,

Characters lvl 20 and higher: 30seconds, Multiplier 3,

Characters lvl 30 and higher: 1 minute, Multiplier 5.

Greetings,
Guard_Lansamur
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:30:28 am by Lansamur »
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
Re: Strategus-Battles: XP-earnings related to levels
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:28:54 am »
O man, you never led a battle in strategus did you?  It told you every players level on the roster screen.  People lied all the time, but you could see their level anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:30:15 am »
I did lead them, I just forgot about that point tbh.  :oops: :oops: Edited out. :D

Btw, couldn't it be possbile then to show the character build (well, WPF mainly, the rest doesnt really matter) to the initiator so that he can plan more accurately of which troops to put where and how many of them?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:32:06 am by Lansamur »
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:34:04 am »
With skip the fun option, ppl should be atleast lvl 30 to be recruited.

For example, i will only hired char that are lvl 30 and above, other one are too bad or noob, i don't want them to fight for me, or may be for 1 gold!! (This was an example, but i'm sure this is how it will happens).

Still it's a good idea for low lvl.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:36:10 am »
Actually with sucha  high percentage of players around the level 30 range with the current xp system, it probably isn't needed.  Would like to see a x3 equivalent for strategus.  A x1 would make it really tough to recruit mercenaries and a x5 would create some of the problems of excessive xp gain (large fights focused upon with far more people looking to merc for those large clan battles).  A x3 would allow smaller clans to recruit mercs even for smaller scale fights.  Since its just xp (gold is whatever they pay you, which should maybe have a max cap of 10K not 1K considering the time commitment and how much gold you can make on battle server) a medium level multiplier should work out fine. 
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 09:40:46 am »
Characters with level below 10 probably won't get accepted anyways, as they more or less are ticketwasters without accomplishing anything at most times except being cannonfodder. If they do get accepted though, I'd suggest giving them a Tick-timer of 30seconds and a Multiplier of 5. That makes 5k XP (+slight gen bonus for most mains) each 30seconds in battle. They could, if the battle lasts long enough, even become useful midbattle again due to faster leveling

So basically you want to make it easier for low levels but recognize that they won't get hired anyway. This would only benefit retirees/new recruits of big clans that can afford to wage war and recruit a few low lvl guys without risking defeat.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 10:49:18 pm »
Hmm. I think the cons of this suggestions are to great, so I am afraid I must disagree as well.

Some system is needed though, and I honestly have no clue what...
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 12:54:06 am »
That PubCrawl battle..... mmmmmmmmm ... millions of xp in 30 minutes....mmmm...

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 03:00:56 am »
That PubCrawl battle..... mmmmmmmmm ... millions of xp in 30 minutes....mmmm...

Yeah, got the chance to participate in one, don't remember exactly but i win around 3millionsxp (there were a cap?) Xp were counted on kills, and each team had around 60k tickets...
With the new system, it's counted in time, in strat you don't win round so you are always at x1, but may be devs have an idea to implement a multiplicator, something with flags may be?