Poll

ranged is killing crpg again

nerf ranged
buff melee
make smoke bombs work

Author Topic: do something about ranged while crpg is alive  (Read 10076 times)

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: do something about ranged while crpg is alive
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2018, 05:18:55 am »
I was using one of the 0 difficulty shields a lot in the battle yesterday. No shield skill and didn't get shot at all while I was using it. Definitely a viable way to prevent yourself from getting shot. Also pretty fun to form up into shield walls, never really gotten to do that before as a 2h.

I don't know james, but I think you're just special.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2018, 10:32:24 am »
Buff melee. Been saying for ages to buff polestab to make them feel like they're actually long weapons rather than glancing after the second half of the animation. The animation got changed years ago to nerf long spear and pike and to prevent insta awlpike stab but it nerfed everything at the same time. Before then the turnspeed got nerfed as well. I wouldn't necessarily restore everything to how it was but some middle ground might be good.

Make Iron Flesh a melee centric skill that melee players want to take (+HP/armour, - ranged wpf etc).

Get rid of tiny 1 handers knocking down people in heavy armour. Knockdown should mostly be for 2 handers

This idea will probably be shot down, but make ranged weapons do cut damage instead of pierce so high armour is effective against them.

Buffing melee usually means making ranged better as hybrids so something should be done to discourage tincan xbowers. Making melee more fun to play should reduce the amount of ranged players.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 02:19:53 pm »
Honestly there are only 3 problems with ranged and all them are not critical. Current ranged is not even close to anything in any time span of crpg. I'd even say that for average and especially new players ranged is simply a dead class.

1. Throwing spamming shit (like war spears and war darts)
2. Heavy crossbow (there is like no reason to use Arbalest overall when there is a beast like that)
3. Overall ammo count for all the ranged

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2018, 03:44:55 pm »
+7
Lowered shield difficulty, cool, everyone can bring a shield and with proper use deflect most of the ranged.
Lowered shield weights, no good to anyone tbh, just because  you want to move 1 2 meters a minute faster, now shields get stunned in half of the melee hits.
The problem begun when archers relied on STR builds. Sorry, archers were forced to rely* on STR builds. It was meant to make archers slower, because of epic kiting cancer, but it did more harm than it did good. Now archers can bring in the most broken weapons ( i am looking at you spathovaklion and 1h barmace) with huge amounts of PS into the field and become near invincible. This wasnt a problem few years ago, but in time everyone became good in melee and most optimal builds became ranged builds. Why go pure 2h or 4d polearm while you can inflict the same damage in melee as an archer or crossbowman? Giving more 0 slot melee options for ranged players was a part of this mistake too. In general everything should be able to counter everything approach we suffered through the years was wrong and should change asap.
Another problem is that melee isn't fun to play. Before someone arrives and says "I play melee in NA1 everyday I have fun speak for yourself" lol, %99 of melee fights end either with someone getting ganked or one of the players get bored of swinging and blocking and starts spamming, which you'll most likely fail if you arent using one of the broken hitbox weapons like long maul spamitar barmace etc.
Melee is dumbed down to the point that it has no flavor or anything you can add to your playstyle. Quickest solution to this is removal of the turnrate nerfs.
Another thing that keeps certain people away from playing is that some weapons are extremely powerful compared with other options. I.e I want to play shielder and wanna do it with a knightly arming sword. But every other shielder plays with scimitars, barmaces, spathovaklions. I will be outcompeted everytime against them unless I truely tryhard and there isnt much reason to play shielder if I am not willing to switch to the said meta weapons or their variants.

Edit: one more thing to add, is that players having huge IF builds especially since after a point you receive HP instead of skill points makes many fights go unconcluded for so long and ending up with someone getting ganked. A part of melee not being fun.

I wrote this on phone it may be weird to read

« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:49:26 pm by Kratos »

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 03:53:17 pm »
lol EU pleb in NA we let people DUEL cheers brøthers hop on NA1 balance threads = meme threads xd assington rando acre BIRD CLAN everything is fine in crpgée   8-)

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 05:45:11 pm »
+3
Buff katana and have light boots make you silent/faster

also take away penalty for dagger+shield

Offline Heibai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Traps aren't gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems I guess
  • Game nicks: Heibai
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 09:08:25 pm »
+4
Buff katana and have light boots make you silent/faster

also take away penalty for dagger+shield

I hope you die IRL. What kind of fucking build is that?!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2018, 04:38:28 pm »
+1
Make long mauls all weapons throwable

Also allow us to pull thrown weapons that are stuck in people, out of them.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2018, 08:50:17 pm »
+1
Why you gotta throw throwers under the bus with archers?
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2018, 09:00:29 pm »
lol EU pleb in NA we let people DUEL cheers brøthers hop on NA1 balance threads = meme threads xd assington rando acre BIRD CLAN everything is fine in crpgée   8-)

i never gives duels tho and ive never made a meme thread in my life why would you post something completelytrue then post something completely false?

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2018, 10:58:03 am »
+1
Lowered shield difficulty, cool, everyone can bring a shield and with proper use deflect most of the ranged.
Lowered shield weights, no good to anyone tbh, just because  you want to move 1 2 meters a minute faster, now shields get stunned in half of the melee hits.
The problem begun when archers relied on STR builds. Sorry, archers were forced to rely* on STR builds. It was meant to make archers slower, because of epic kiting cancer, but it did more harm than it did good. Now archers can bring in the most broken weapons ( i am looking at you spathovaklion and 1h barmace) with huge amounts of PS into the field and become near invincible. This wasnt a problem few years ago, but in time everyone became good in melee and most optimal builds became ranged builds. Why go pure 2h or 4d polearm while you can inflict the same damage in melee as an archer or crossbowman? Giving more 0 slot melee options for ranged players was a part of this mistake too. In general everything should be able to counter everything approach we suffered through the years was wrong and should change asap.
Another problem is that melee isn't fun to play. Before someone arrives and says "I play melee in NA1 everyday I have fun speak for yourself" lol, %99 of melee fights end either with someone getting ganked or one of the players get bored of swinging and blocking and starts spamming, which you'll most likely fail if you arent using one of the broken hitbox weapons like long maul spamitar barmace etc.
Melee is dumbed down to the point that it has no flavor or anything you can add to your playstyle. Quickest solution to this is removal of the turnrate nerfs.
Another thing that keeps certain people away from playing is that some weapons are extremely powerful compared with other options. I.e I want to play shielder and wanna do it with a knightly arming sword. But every other shielder plays with scimitars, barmaces, spathovaklions. I will be outcompeted everytime against them unless I truely tryhard and there isnt much reason to play shielder if I am not willing to switch to the said meta weapons or their variants.

Edit: one more thing to add, is that players having huge IF builds especially since after a point you receive HP instead of skill points makes many fights go unconcluded for so long and ending up with someone getting ganked. A part of melee not being fun.

I wrote this on phone it may be weird to read

If you lose to range in melee you are just bad. Use shield noob.

Offline N1PS

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA Ravens, EU Nords
  • Game nicks: SP1N, N1PS
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2018, 11:47:21 pm »
+1
make raven shield wall great again
(click to show/hide)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2018, 01:48:59 pm »
+2
make raven shield wall great again

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2018, 05:22:10 pm »
 when did they raise the req of agi for shieldskill from 3 to 6 ? and why now all shields have only 3 requirement,but u cant much higher then 4 shieldskill in total,otherwise u need to have a build like 12/27 ....

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2018, 07:34:42 pm »
+2
when did they raise the req of agi for shieldskill from 3 to 6 ? and why now all shields have only 3 requirement,but u cant much higher then 4 shieldskill in total,otherwise u need to have a build like 12/27 ....

new 3 shield skill is the old 6. They basically doubled effects of shield skill so it's the same but 2 times cheaper in skills.