Author Topic: Turkey coup d'etat  (Read 29116 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Turkey coup d'etat
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2016, 10:01:12 pm »
Apparently on the way to their "drill" the police were shooting at them, might explain why they were in such a hurry to get wherever they were supposed to go.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2734
  • Infamy: 603
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2016, 10:12:42 pm »
And the soldier driving an armored vehicle over a Tardogan supporter blocking the road also thought it was an exercise ?

P.S. Just to clarify, I'm on that soldier's side.

Doubt those cowards (look at the picture) were capable of running over bystanders but you never know.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2016, 10:25:07 pm »
+1
Doubt those cowards (look at the picture) were capable of running over bystanders but you never know.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2016, 12:01:09 am »
I guess this means we won't see Erdogan gone till he dies, R.I.P. Atatürk's Turkey

Offline Mirliva

• Count
  • Renown: 249
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • Defend the catapult! [H]
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Payne von Krems
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2016, 12:27:02 am »
It was so bad. There's somewhere bombarded by F16 close to my home. I felt the bomb like explode in my kitchen. That's not coup, there's an uncommon group in military tried to do that but they couldn't convience all the generals to join them. Whatever, there was tanks on the street (they killed lots of people with hitting them, F16 and Skorsky War Helicopters shot the buildings.. That  was not a coup, that was a formal terrorism.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Slava Ukraini!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2016, 01:36:17 am »
Seems like it might've been a false flag staged coup and now according to Twitter updates https://twitter.com/search?q=Incirlik&src=typd  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/17/world/europe/turkey-us-incirlik-isis.html more crazy shit is happening

The US/Turkish Air Base Incirlik that houses US Nuclear Weapons has had power cut off possibly by the Turkish Gov and has had the airspace closed down making the people at the base stuck.

Seems like a dangerous game that Erdogan is playing. Fucker wants to be a sultan with his own nukes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1246
  • Infamy: 1159
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2016, 01:55:33 am »
Wasn't there a movie or tv show with exact same scenario?

Edit: It is called Body of Lies with Di Caprio. It is all about CIA agent infiltrating into terrorist cell. At the end he is faking terrorist attack on some American base in Turkey, if I remember right.

Edit2: Actually, now I remember that movie has scenes of terrorist attacks in busy areas of major European cities. It is one of those movies, like Demolition Man which guessed certain bits of future correctly.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:07:25 am by Leshma »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2016, 02:07:03 am »
+1
This is exactly what happens when a real coup happens though. You really think they confide to everyone of their soldiers what is the full extent of the general plan? Do any of you have any ideas how orders get from top to bottom? The "I though it was a drill" is probably what 99% of the soldiers are told when they are going to do illegal actions that they arent in on, but except if they have below 60 IQ you instantly know that there is something fishy when you're ordered to do more than passive patrol in a capital that hasnt reported any hostile activity. Its literaly like crossing the Rubicon.

The pro-Erdogan might have let this happen and were prepared, but I doubt that they would have organised a coup with political opponents that ended up dead or on trial. If someone that you hated called you and asked you to become a martyr for his own interest, would you accept?

What could also explain that the post-coup government was swift in its actions is that they were ready for this and had plans in case this happened. You can find lots of articles on Turkey being the target of a potential uprising, this means that they were prepared; it can also means that they knew and let it happen as said prior. False flag is definitely the top trendy illuminati term for events that doesnt go your way, everyone saying "yes this is it, it all makes sense!"  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1948
  • Infamy: 1194
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2016, 02:10:01 am »
Incirlik Air Base is featured in the 2008 Ridley Scott espionage film, Body of Lies, where it is the site of a staged terrorist bombing.
Incirlik Air Base is mentioned in the 1997 film, Air Force One. It is the intended landing site for Air Force One after the aircraft is retaken from the hijackers. The aircraft is instead intercepted by Russian MiG's and crashes in the Caspian Sea.
Incirlik Air Base is featured in the 2003 video game Command and Conquer: Generals, where it is destroyed by terrorists.

rofl

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2016, 02:19:05 am »
The pro-Erdogan might have let this happen and were prepared, but I doubt that they would have organised a coup with political opponents that ended up dead or on trial. If someone that you hated called you and asked you to become a martyr for his own interest, would you accept?

That is some very simple thinking. It's not like Erdogan would have walked up to them and proposed his plan. Probably something more along the lines of a few pro-erdogan high military staff preparing this with them. Why the fuck would any sane person perform a coup at 10 PM a friday night when the guy you want killed ain't even home.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2016, 02:36:05 am »
+1
That is some very simple thinking. It's not like Erdogan would have walked up to them and proposed his plan. Probably something more along the lines of a few pro-erdogan high military staff preparing this with them. Why the fuck would any sane person perform a coup at 10 PM a friday night when the guy you want killed ain't even home.

Probably more convulated than that if it was indeed tried, but its still the same principle, I use that illustration to explain the extreme difficulty of the task.

I could list you all the successful/failed military coups in history that were performed around 10 PM on a friday night (dat false flag argument is the best btw) and, more on point, those that didnt catch/kill the leader of the nation in the process and you would probably be surprised. A great majority of the successful one had the most important dudes fleeing and living in exile afterwards, THEN dying or plotting revenge oftentimes both (TL;DR its not vital to kill Erdogan to take Turkey).

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2016, 02:45:14 am »
Probably more convulated than that if it was indeed tried, but its still the same principle, I use that illustration to explain the extreme difficulty of the task.

I could list you all the successful/failed military coups in history that were performed around 10 PM on a friday night (dat false flag argument is the best btw) and, more on point, those that didnt catch/kill the leader of the nation in the process and you would probably be surprised. A great majority of the successful one had the most important dudes fleeing and living in exile afterwards, THEN dying or plotting revenge oftentimes both (TL;DR its not vital to kill Erdogan to take Turkey).

You could be right, I just find it amazing that merely hours after the coup fails he knows exactly who's behind it, that 2700 judges were in on it and that 3000 other unarmed soldiers were also involved. I'm sure whatever amateur officer led the coup also conveniently left behind a long list with all of his buddies named on it signed and everything  :lol:

All speculation and far fetched ideas aside I really don't know too much about Turkey, maybe it was blatantly obvious these were the people who would do such a thing, something obviously went really wrong for them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:55:13 am by Grytviken »

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2016, 02:54:17 am »
+1
^

An entire military coup went from start to fail in barely 12 hours. The army was defeated by civilians and cops, surrendering as quick as they got there. If a coup was in place, they wouldn't let them do that, but rather run the masses over like at the Tiananmen Square. The army is rising up. You'd expect them to have a few jets. I don't see how Erdogan would be ballsy enough to fly back within such a short time to hold a speech.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2016, 02:57:58 am »

guy used facebook to put down the military coup lmao. Can anyone translate this?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2016, 02:58:05 am »
+1
You could be right, I just find it amazing that merely hours after the coup fails he knows exactly who's behind it, that 2700 judges were in on it and that 3000 other unarmed soldiers were also involved.

You would be surprised how quick you can do dirty work when your life is on the line.

Important people like judges are likely to be monitored, I would count on Erdogan having a classified list of not pro-Erdogan judges updated with the years and activated after the failed coup. There is a lot of shitty things that are going to be justified thanks to this failed coup... in this I understand why a false flag seems so on the spot.

Soldiers are organised by units, finding those 3000 is likely to have been done by identifying their relative superiors and going down the chain of command, even probably down to a few hundreds that did nothing wrong but are detained anyway. Not hard to imagine that some were simply arrested in the streets "live".

^

An entire military coup went from start to fail in barely 12 hours. The army was defeated by civilians and cops, surrendering as quick as they got there. If a coup was in place, they wouldn't let them do that, but rather run the masses over like at the Tiananmen Square. The army is rising up. You'd expect them to have a few jets. I don't see how Erdogan would be ballsy enough to fly back within such a short time to hold a speech.

GL winning a coup if the people isnt with you, or at least not being passive. If you start shooting a couple hundreds unarmed civilians, you're done whatever you end up doing (winning/losing on the tactical side of things). Just look at Ukraine where violence was shared but it all fell on the government who quickly lost all legitimacy. From what I've read of this failed coup, the people in the streets did a great part of the job.
And most if not all coups were done in a day btw. Whether civil war followed or total "peaceful" transfer of power occured is another thing, but most coups are quick and dirty.
(click to show/hide)

guy used facebook to put down the military coup lmao. Can anyone translate this?

Would also like a translation. This could be what basically stopped the coup from happening, symbolically.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:08:37 am by Butan »