Poll

what to do with ranged

Billy Mays' Death Camps
40 (49.4%)
nerf harder than my raging cock with an x5
41 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: April 18, 2016, 07:39:53 am

Author Topic: End this ranged malaria  (Read 10896 times)

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
Re: End this ranged malaria
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2016, 10:04:44 am »
+1
Never asked for ranged nerfs, I asked for something to deal with them, because currently, we can't.

Archers are strong without numbers and are broken beyond all hope WITH numbers, there are TOO MANY ARCHERS, there needs to be some kind of limit to how many archers you can have or something to stop the constant archer spam. Notice how a large majority of EU1 have also shoved crossbows into their builds. Want to know why? It's because they CAN'T deal with the ridiculous damage archers do, it's either hide away and shoot at the archers or die, because even with a shield, two archers together only have to run away in two different directions and then they can kill you in two shots because it's fucking easy to do.

Archers currently only have to go a pure STR build and voila, they now have the power to do more damage than a crossbow build with a +3 arbalest with +3 bolts. Is that right? No. It isn't.
Archers ARE killing this server purely on the basis that they are so much stronger than everything melee, and even playing a tanky build isn't an option because then they'll just run away and shoot you full of arrows. The size of their quiver is irrelevant, they can take out as many people as they like with the size it is now lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2016, 10:47:18 am »
Archers ARE killing this server purely on the basis that they are so much stronger than everything melee,

No they arent? The server is doing just fine, basically the same amount of people playing since a year.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2016, 11:09:14 am »
+6
Y'all suck

The end
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2016, 03:26:12 pm »

It was that same fine line that makes some movies so bad that they actually become good. Amount of archers yesterday was so ridiculous, it actually became sort of funny. I tried some pew pew and guess what - it was E Z.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2016, 03:39:13 pm »
+2
Just get a crossbow, headshotting motionless archers is really fun

Offline Zorak

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Zorak
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2016, 04:22:05 pm »
+1
#RangedLivesMatter

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:27:12 pm by Zorak »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2016, 04:24:57 pm »
I have always found it funny how much ranged or cav or tincans seem to bother some players. All just a part of the game. Embrace your e-brethren and be happy crpg is a place where all classes are viable.

Besides who cares about dying in the battle server... maybe in strat but not in na or eu 1. Talkin' bout practice... not the game.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2016, 04:54:06 pm »
+3
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/the-state-of-crpg/

4 years ago i made the same topic, just a little paragraph quote from it :

"It is an endless circle of cRPG where at some point the amount of ranged or cavalry (or both) classes becomes too overwhelming and i think we've reached it again .Don't get me wrong i'm not calling for a nerf per say in terms of stats or damage dealt by archers/xbowmen(debatable)/cavalry , i'm simply talking about finding a way to reduce their numbers."

If you quickly browse through that topic you'll realize that it's always been like this with cRPG, we're going in circles in terms of balance. Tbh at this point I, like many others, stopped caring too much and I just hope the new games (bannerlord, battlegrounds) will have a better balance when it comes to these issues.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2016, 05:21:49 pm »
+1
Yesterday we played archers a little bit and this is one of my fav results that we got

(click to show/hide)

Top 6 guys in our team were archers and they scored 12 kills while melees scored 3. Top enemy player was also an archer and way better than any of us noobs playing this. Support class gg

Skyrim UI

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »
+11
Ranged is so weak now tho. I barely get hurt by arrows when i just wear some armor and invest in some IF. HA is completey dead and nonexistent, nobody plays HX. Only real threat is regular xbowmen. Perhaps the odd thrower here and there. Arrows weigh a ton, they reduced the number of them, increased the slots of bows, nerfed damage, shot frequency, you cant jump shoot anymore and need to put in more points to make it work than ever before, the stagger is dead compared to the old one, just about every aspect of archery has been significantly nerfed already.

Really, you guys are such fucking crybabies.-Native archery would make your nonexistent balls fall off. Even when we compare the archery in the mod, every past year they were exponentionaly stronger.

Just the same old 2h/pole gorrila chest beating circlejerk e-peen measure contest thread. Nothing to see here, move along.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:11:17 pm by Umbra »

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »
Ranged players disgust me.  8-)

Now you know how your mother felt when you spawned out of her.

You vile dejected piece of filth....

With all due respect. :p

hehe kidding,

Yeah I dunno about nerfin ranged ppl, personally I've never really had an issue with Ranged, makes for some hot knife in butter situations alot of times.
I'm only above average for melee at best... 

I cant help but agree with Jona and alot of other people about employing some of that brain power; no matter what Map or how many people are on, the team that will win is sometimes pretty evident at the beginning of the round by virtue of how many lemmings charge directly at the enemy force.

Would it really kill you guys to try and work as a team, wait a little bit and use an inkling of brains.
(If im in the top scores, you know the people playing are just bein downright tarded)  Dont charge at a group of archers, use enemies as cover, protect your own archers...

It all boils down to one thing.... stop bein fuckin LEMMINGS
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:59:10 pm by Gryph_Hawkshade »
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »
+3
Top 6 guys in our team were archers and they scored 12 kills while melees scored 3. Top enemy player was also an archer and way better than any of us noobs playing this. Support class gg

Judging the class based on 1 round with a stack vs a bunch of scattered randoms, seems legit
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2016, 06:57:01 pm »
+2
Judging the class based on 1 round with a stack vs a bunch of scattered randoms, seems legit
Shouldn't be possible.

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2016, 10:03:12 pm »
Shouldn't be possible.

Which part? The judging part, or the archers actually being able to kill stuff part?

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2016, 10:23:20 pm »
Ranged is so weak now tho. I barely get hurt by arrows when i just wear some armor and invest in some IF. HA is completey dead and nonexistent, nobody plays HX. Only real threat is regular xbowmen. Perhaps the odd thrower here and there. Arrows weigh a ton, they reduced the number of them, increased the slots of bows, nerfed damage, shot frequency, you cant jump shoot anymore and need to put in more points to make it work than ever before, the stagger is dead compared to the old one, just about every aspect of archery has been significantly nerfed already.

Really, you guys are such fucking crybabies.-Native archery would make your nonexistent balls fall off. Even when we compare the archery in the mod, every past year they were exponentionaly stronger.

Just the same old 2h/pole gorrila chest beating circlejerk e-peen measure contest thread. Nothing to see here, move along.

shut ur fucking mouth i dont circlejerk ever and my dick is long irl so stfu im not acrybabby u can never nerf ranged 2 much

why dont u cum on NA1 and deal with this archer bannerstack shit u shit