Author Topic: Lance cav is a fucking dead class  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Re: Lance cav is a fucking dead class
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »
If you think lance cav is dead, try 1H cav. Who even plays that anymore?

saw 2 1h cav guys today fuckin stuff up (none of them was gravoth)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:41:42 pm »
And you'll see lancers do well too. I'd definitely say lancers are stronger than slashing cav nowadays, but that's not saying much about lance cav tbh.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 02:31:18 am »
Alright, then I obviously just suck at it

the truth hurts

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 04:52:00 am »
saw 2 1h cav guys today fuckin stuff up (none of them was gravoth)

I suck at cav, and i dont play anymore since like 2 weeks, too much lag and too much character creation after updationg ot windows 10
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 02:12:48 pm »
+1
Lance cav is actually quite balanced atm, at least when it comes to fighting melee classes, you just gotta be smart about your angles, speed,manouvering and picking your targets. The main issue though is the damage that ranged (pretty much all of them) classes do to cav.

My padded warhorse dies from 2-3 shots max, so when i charge at a pack of archers i'm basically taking one for the team cause they all concentrate on me, plus when (no ifs) i get dehorsed i get to annoy them some more as a shielder.

Overall, the class is not as fun as it used to be ( i loved cav fights back in the days with crazy angles), but still very viable, although kinda squishy.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 07:11:48 pm »
Lance cav is actually quite balanced atm, at least when it comes to fighting melee classes, you just gotta be smart about your angles, speed,manouvering and picking your targets. The main issue though is the damage that ranged (pretty much all of them) classes do to cav.

My padded warhorse dies from 2-3 shots max, so when i charge at a pack of archers i'm basically taking one for the team cause they all concentrate on me, plus when (no ifs) i get dehorsed i get to annoy them some more as a shielder.

Overall, the class is not as fun as it used to be ( i loved cav fights back in the days with crazy angles), but still very viable, although kinda squishy.

the thing is just atm u really need IF and ATH and I don't fucking wanna play as melee when I play cav. Hell why would I buy a horse then.... U can't really do the op builds when u don't go full tryhard, for example when I play with my 24 24 I get rekt imo when  I just yolocharge things.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 08:19:33 pm »
+1
I use arabian warhorse which is suuuper fragile, however it has high maneuver stat so I can control it very well. That enables me to mitigate a LOT of damage either by avoiding and being hard to hit or by controlling my speed for lower or negative bonus. Pathing also plays a big part obviously. For example, using cover to screen my advance, hitting an archer at full speed then running off - by the time that anyone's noticed me I'm already fleeing so any arrows they shoot will do a lot less damage. Likewise slowing down when approaching alert infantry. It lowers damage they (well, and you) do and it also throws off their timing. A horse charging at full speed is easy to predict, but irregular speeds can definitely give you an edge in head on confrontations. Even against pikes and spears, often they'll thrust too early then I'll hit them before they can recover.

That's all harder on less maneuverable horses of course, with heavy horses the playstyle is more direct. More relying on the horse's armor to tank hits than skillful control. Lower populations are part of the problem. Cavalry is a class where at best you're superman and at worse you just die faster. For skilled cav they really shine when there are tons of  nice soft unaware targets and they can chain hits one after another. In lower population cavalry is less effective, and in the reverse archers are more effective. What ends up happening is that there'll only be a couple of enemy cavalry and archers are free to pew at them endlessly as long as they're in sight. Maps are also an issue, since many of them are not friendly to cavalry.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 11:38:20 pm »
In lower population cavalry is less effective

Maps are also an issue

Pretty much this.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 01:26:33 am »
lance cav = dead class

Nice ass
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team