Author Topic: Still no fix for close-range 1H thrust bounces?  (Read 4556 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Still no fix for close-range 1H thrust bounces?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 10:42:18 am »
+3
Well, Mala, it of course depends on which kind of equipment you choose. If you consiously nerf yourself by choosing a buckler and wearing rags without a helmet, you are SUPPOSED to die often. And if I'm correct, your first choice of weapon doesn't even have a stab...SO GET OUT OF THIS THREAD!

Just joking. I play 1h without shield and die often because my perfectly aimed stab bounces. It needs a fix.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 11:32:52 am »
+1
I dont think 1h is in a bad state in general.
For example at siege 1h is by far the easiest way to get huge scores.
Take a big shield, take a fast 1h and look with how little to no skill requirement its possible
to get on the valourtrain :p

So tell me why i see the same people valor whoring all the time ? It;s not like shield is the best way for getting good score, poles and 2h can get them just as easy if they know how to play. Just look at Rantrex(and his alts), Sraka, Kulin Ban, Vovka, Koldborn, Nokeyboard, Hubert. It's ranged who have it harder when it comes to valor, but for a good reason (on the other side, they have it easy on battle). Or even 1h no shield heroes like  Trollface or Bjord.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 10:38:19 pm »
+3
1H is fine shield is an issue.

I would rather have 1 extra PS or 1 extra athletics than five or six shield skill.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:09 am »
1h stab is tricky, sometimes u do one inesperately, bouncing, and u get a free hit without any chance of block. I think it should have a bit more of lenght at least. Also shield and weapon master is a waste of points  :P

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:39 am »
1h stab is tricky, sometimes u do one inesperately, bouncing, and u get a free hit without any chance of block. I think it should have a bit more of lenght at least. Also shield and weapon master is a waste of points  :P
Wat
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 12:38:40 am »
Wat
Sorry my fault, i was talking about siegue

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 12:54:24 am »
+1
If you feel like the 1h thrust is not good enough, there are plenty of non stabby 1hers that are awesome (spamitars, ...daos, cleavers, hammers, picks, ...). I personally prefer these simply because a badly placed stab means you are almost certainly dead, especially with no IF and low str as I usually have. But that is what your shield is there for

And shield 1h in a bad place? Have not thought so for quite a while. For duelling you are better off without the shield (at least I prefer to duel without shield) but shielders have their place, it is not cutting through enemies, but pushing positions and holding them (until a f·$%&ng maul comes around ofc, but then footwork + spam is your friend).
Shielders should be the first ones on ladders, the first and last on the flag. the vanguard, but not the main damage dealers... try to realise what your class is good at instead of trying to be an all round machine, nooone is it

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 01:24:20 am »
So tell me why i see the same people valor whoring all the time ? It;s not like shield is the best way for getting good score, poles and 2h can get them just as easy if they know how to play. Just look at Rantrex(and his alts), Sraka, Kulin Ban, Vovka, Koldborn, Nokeyboard, Hubert. It's ranged who have it harder when it comes to valor, but for a good reason (on the other side, they have it easy on battle). Or even 1h no shield heroes like  Trollface or Bjord.
dude shielder is eazyest way to get high score ... period. stating that goodplayers of other classes can get high scores to is irrelevant. ive been able to valour whore for hours on my shielder alt on siege, on my main i have to actually kill alot to get high valour, as shielder i can just hold upmy shield inthe crowd and hit from time to time. and be top scorer.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 01:28:48 am »
+2
2 hands get a uber fast stab that can be slide in like a lightsaber if you miss your target.

1h is harder stab to pull off

PERIOD

there's a reason why the long espada eslanova is the msot sold 1h on the market...It's unfair and it needs to be reworked

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 01:33:19 am »
+4
dude shielder is eazyest way to get high score ... period. stating that goodplayers of other classes can get high scores to is irrelevant. ive been able to valour whore for hours on my shielder alt on siege, on my main i have to actually kill alot to get high valour, as shielder i can just hold upmy shield inthe crowd and hit from time to time. and be top scorer.

That's the shield you're talking about. We're talking about the actual weapon.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 02:39:13 pm »
1 handed stabs are great closerange insta hitters if u know how to use it... they just dont function well for farstabbing. i have no trouble atall fighting with a 1 hander , dont see problem

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 02:41:56 pm »
+2
Even with a MW Long Espada 31 pierce and 6 - 7 athl. the stab almost glances every time, even if my opponent got leather 30 +- armor.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 02:46:39 pm »
+3
Yep, this is a problem since forever. Now with the spin nerf this has gotten A LOT worse for 1h. 6PS slashes versus any kind of plate/loomed heavy armor is a glance fest, so the only option is to stab. Except stab sux even more. Rondel dagger with 30 pierce glances on stabs as well. 1h should have an advantage for stabbing up close.

Also are we ever going to see less spin rate reduction for shorter/lighter weapons?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »
+2
i have 73 bodyarmor when im on heavyest gear, what you talk about now is pretty biased, i get killed by 1 handers the most... yes even stabby weaps

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 02:57:53 pm »
+4
6PS slashes versus any kind of plate/loomed heavy armor is a glance fest

5 ps, 150 wpf and a non-loomed knobbed mace (24b) or elite scimitar (31c) and I bounce once in a blue moon. Do your positioning and use short holds and you shouldn't have any problem. Also, I don't have problem stabbing with the medium/high damaging one-handers. I usually don't stab a lot with 1Hs with less than 22-23 pierce damage, because I don't expect any useable damage output anyway.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.