Author Topic: Still no fix for close-range 1H thrust bounces?  (Read 4577 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: Still no fix for close-range 1H thrust bounces?
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »
This. Stop showing off your e-penises , the 1h stab needs some love, period.

says all the biased 1 handers... this thread has turned from a discussion about the 1handed stab, into a gathering of people compairing it to the 2 handed stab. witch in theyr eyes is godly... i  can tell you this people who turn stab with 2 hander can eazely be counter by a 1hander left swing or even if u move into it with abit of armor on it will glance and u get free hit. tbh non of the players i consider to be some of the best in crpg have been complaining about 1 handers.. next up there will be 1 handers in here who say oh u know 1 handed overhead is so useless to... common.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 10:24:09 pm »
+9
says all the biased 1 handers... this thread has turned from a discussion about the 1handed stab, into a gathering of people compairing it to the 2 handed stab. witch in theyr eyes is godly... i  can tell you this people who turn stab with 2 hander can eazely be counter by a 1hander left swing or even if u move into it with abit of armor on it will glance and u get free hit. tbh non of the players i consider to be some of the best in crpg have been complaining about 1 handers.. next up there will be 1 handers in here who say oh u know 1 handed overhead is so useless to... common.
I play more 2h than I do 1h. It is infinitely easier to land a solid 2h stab, even at very close range.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:13 pm »
+1

Offline brockssn

• Baron
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:25 pm »
+1
I posted this today as well and just saw this thread. My Long Espada glances like a mofo and u die because of it... This stab should not glance!

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »
+4
I don't give a crap who you consider the best or how good you are , we're talking about a weapon animation in this topic.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 02:38:40 am »
Dev feedback would be greatly appreciated, even if it's unlikely.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:53 am »
+3
Even if what rufio says is honest, it doesn't actually matter. How many of the players he considers to be good are only able to play with a weapon three times longer than that of their opponent ? How many would defeat me sickle vs sickle in a standing naked peasant fight like real men and women do ?

Both the 2h and the pole stabs have become godlike ever since the turn nerf patch, because they connect earlier, and do full damage at retardedly short ranges. They also are very lightly punished by the actual turn nerf, as moving a long weapon around makes it's tip cover a lot bigger area than with a shorter weapon. Also, one handers having different animations and faster swing speeds, the time window during which you can turn in order to hit whatever human mosquito you had in front of you during the last picosecond is much shorter too, meaning an even smaller area can be reached by the exact same turnstab sweep-like motion. Finally, one handers having weak damage stats and animation peculiarities (or rather, 1h animations are working as they should, it's the others that are super permissive), they glance on stab all-the-time. I'm really happy I've given up using stab-able one handers, even though I had one for one year and a half.

Really, the best onehanders now are picks, axes, maces, scimitars and cleavers. Because onehanders are quite well balanced internally, each of these has it's pros and cons. Straight swords ? All shit. In virtually any situation a stabless sword will do better.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 04:01:43 am »
Tonight, my stab glanced on a guy with 16 body armor.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 06:50:20 pm »
+1
Pro glancer here.

I'm so good I've gotten warhammers to glance with 8ps using an overhead.

Please fix 1h or nerf everyone else to 1h animation.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 08:39:01 am »
+3

While I am a 1h/shielder this gen, I've been saying 1h stab is fucked since forever, even when I was a 2h or pole or cav. That's because 1h stab is fucked. Just that "short hold (& wiggle)" you and Gurni keep talking about is not enough to be sure that 1h stab won't bounce/glance. Most of the times you'll also need the speed bonus and correct distance for it to not bounce. Very easy to see if you try to facehug stab a plate user (with a 1h that has below 27-28p for example).

No one is saying 1h stabs are impossible to pull. We're saying it should be more reliable. Especially up close, where the 1h should have an advantage due to it's shorter length. Right now it's equally easy to stab up close with a 2h or pole. (if not easier at times due to higher damage).

Also talking about bias when you're a lvl 35 2hander yourself is pretty lol.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:45:31 am by Vibe »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 08:51:52 am »
im just stating my oppinion, i have no prob with 1 hander stabs, it might be annoying when somone is pressing S key you glance because of reach, but the close stabs are op when executed right. but ye maybe i am biased
(click to show/hide)

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:00 am »
+1
I always use 3-directional 1h weps because the 1h stab is so unreliable.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:13 am »
+3
Differences of opinion aside, does anyone have any possible solutions--things that could be tried in order to make the one-hand stab more useful? The best fixes I can think of would be either:

1.) to tie turn speed to a combination of weapon weight and weapon length, which would allow one-hand players stab in the fashion they once did while preventing mauls and pikes from spinning like a top

OR

2.) to rework the way speed bonus applies to the 1h animations

Can any of you think of something relatively simple aside from these?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2012, 09:31:44 am »
well if 1 handed stab becomes eazy to use... that would be awesome!!!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:20 am »
im just stating my oppinion, i have no prob with 1 hander stabs, it might be annoying when somone is pressing S key you glance because of reach, but the close stabs are op when executed right. [...]
This.

Dunno, everybody knows that I pretty much suck at this game and of lately I barely play but I never had a problem with the 1h-stab. Maybe I am just lucky or a natural when it comes to those stabs, dunno. They seem fine to me.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.