1 (worst)
20 (29.4%)
3 (4.4%)
12 (17.6%)
12 (17.6%)
5 (best)
21 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: [Unban essay] Original Sin  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Original_Sin

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Dunn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bartering Brigade Black Tea
  • IRC nick: Original Sin [afk mostly]
[Unban essay] Original Sin
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
ok, guys, some information on the matter..
I had this issue with my hard disk where all the audio files went to and I lost them all.
It must've been a 10-minutes (or so) audio file with a background which I'm going to release shortly after this explanation stuff.
I don't have any time or desire in doing all this again, so I'm gonna post my little improvising "something".
Here's what I came up to..

«Why exploiting and especially trying to involve others in exploiting is not to be tolerated. »
written/made by Original Sin.

a little background since this is a "text" version..
I know it can be more lame and boring this way, but anyways.

this is kinda a kampus radio project.
we've got a bored student who happens to run the night broadcasting and here it goes..
p.s. if it comes to some hyperlinks with "*this*" simbols, don't wait, just click on 'em. it's a part of my project. just some videos I posted in the C-rpg set on youtube.
p.p.s. the last third track is a part of the dialog that happens between two characters. so if you are a random bored dude or you simply don't like the music I've chosen for the project, skip the first two tracks and don't forget to play the third one. 

*The first track ends*

- Hey there to all of you who might still be listening to our late night broadcast. (yeah, right, as if such idiots exist.) It’s “Getting socially awkward.fm” I’m Jeremy. 3:16 in the morning. and I’m happy (not really).. to introduce our guest...

- …

- Say “hi”

- Erm, hello.

- What’s your name?

- My name is Self.

- What’s that?

- Self Righteous.

- … what.. another freak? ehem, okay Mr. Self Righteous... Is it me or it smells like an updog in here?

- What’s “updog”?

- Nothing much, what’s up with you?

- …

- Never mind. I see you brought some material. So what’s it gonna be tonight?

- Ehem, okay. So I’ve been looking into some stuff lately. And tonight I’d like to speak to you folks about such things as exploiting and why it’s not to be tolerated in almost every society. Especially trying to involve others in exploiting.

- I’m sorry, exploiting what?

- Almost everything. It means to take advantage of, for instance, a person, a situation, a simple rule or the law maybe.. to take advantage of something unethically or unjustly for one's own ends or self-interest.

- (can’t believe this shit..) Okay, Self. Tell us your opinion on the problem.

- Tolerance is essential to any sort of life in common, especially in complex democratic societies. Originally it was simply a practice, a way of living together and respecting the freedom of others. It has now become a value in its own right, perhaps the supreme value.

- So it’s preety an important thing.

- Aye, my dimwitted friend. Certainly it features high up on the list.

- Okay, our fellow listeners (if we have any) we are gonna take a break now. Listen to some kick-ass music, probably the only good thing we have here on this station.

*background chattering*

- A break? Already? Aye, Jeremy do you have something to smoke? I think I’ve lost my cigarettes somewhere.

- Of course, Self.. I have some..

*The second track starts playing*

- man, Jeremy, that was some heavy shite..
- That’s how I’m holding up here.
- My hands.. wow.. they are soo big.. all shaking, dude
- Judging by the waving hands of the stations director I think we must go on discussing your "exploiting stuff".
- Aye, so as I said already tolerance is a serious thing.
- You mean like serious-business-thing?
- If it gives you comfort to see it that way.. yes..
- what are you 12?
- 16, actually.
- pf.. go on.
- Exploiting is one of the things that could coerce people to lose their patience. Sometimes they just start screaming and beat themselves. They could start crying or killing their whole family..
- I lost ya there. What are you talking about?
- For instance, the massive multiplayer online games!
- I knew that. Dude you are a geek afterall.
- I'll pretend I didn't hear that. So there’s practically a system in any of these online games. Sometimes it’s lame or stupid, but still a system that prevents you from cheating. There’s also rules which you must obey. And if you don’t people which called administrators will deal with you.
- Are they geeks too?
- You might say so, but a distinguishing feature of these people is that they have super powers.
- Super.. what? Like psychics? They can move things or smth?
- They simply can forbid you to play the game
- A**holes.
- Sh.. that’s a bad thing to say. They are everywhere.
- They can’t do that. I can start the game again and play.
- Actually you can’t. If they banned you permanently.
- But how they are gonna do that? I have my rights!?!
- That’s what I’m talking about! Let’s look at the problem from a different angle. People called developers make the game. They can do it to earn some money from people who will buy it. Or they simply want to make one good thing for this cruel sad world.
- Wankers, they make people wasting their own time on a computer shit. Moreover they sometimes ask money in return.
- They don’t force you to spend you precious time on their game. You still have a choice.
- what a f**k-a-row..
- So they develop the game. They spend their time on it. Gamers start playing and look what happens. Some smart asses appear. They think they are special. Better. Think they can do whatever they want. Other honest gamers start yelling and calling for some justice.
- Snitches'n'Bitches.. You guys should have won some sitcom award a looong time ago. So what.. that’s when these “administrators” appear.
- Well, they sometimes remind me of the “American army” in those movies, but yeah after screaming yourself hoarse for 2 and half hours, eventually, they appear.
- and that turns into a double f**k-a-row for some asses? What comes next?.
- Depending on the circumstances, administrators will warn you, kick you, ban you for some days or even ban you permanently.
- a real jobba-nobba. And what about trying to involve others in.. this cheat thing?
- It’s even worse. It means that you are the starter of this madness.
- Not a madness, but a headache.. seems more likely.
- That’s ‘cause you are the normal man (which I honestly doubt). For the fans of the game or moreover, for the developers of the system it’s like a riot or revolt.
- Like the War of Spartacus or maybe the Wars of Scottish Independence?
- Aye, like Spartacus or William Wallace. Remember the end of both stories?
- Most parts of decapitation.
- And that’s why exploiting and moreover trying to involve others in exploiting is forbidden.
- Thank God, it's over. Okay, listeners, you’ve heard it all. Now let’s listen to some music. What’s it gonna be, Self? What do you like?

*End credits track starts to play*

- Aye, so it was another "peachy" broadcast from “Getting socially awkward.fm”. Remember, we are changing the station's name every week, so we don't get banned or smth. Next week it will be "Don't give me your crap.fm" maybe.
But let’s hope we will not go online again. I'm Jeremy. Whatever. Peace out.
_________

As for my problem, I can't do better then quoting one the great people.. "It's better to ask for forgiveness than a permission"

p.s. I was using some materials when I was making this, so I guess I'm going to give me "thanks!" to Supernatural series, Dreamcatcher, ACϟDC and Booker T And The Mgs music.

Thank you for what you are.

And thanks to all who read and gave me a feedback.
That's highly appreciated :wink:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:09:39 pm by Original_Sin »

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: [Unban essay] Original Sin
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39:41 pm »
It's not that bad... 3?
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:47 pm »
Can i change ma vote? Want to give a 5 due to music & entertaining essay, misclicked on 3 :s

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:05 pm »
Now you can.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:58:14 pm »

Offline Original_Sin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Dunn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:04:20 pm »
It's not that bad... 3?
aye, mate, could've been better.
thanks for an honest feedback.

Can i change ma vote? Want to give a 5 due to music & entertaining essay, misclicked on 3 :s
lols, that kinda tickled my nerves x)
thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:10:12 pm by Original_Sin »

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 01:51:48 am »
You good sir are UNBANNED :)

It was pretty entertaining to read through. And so i gave 4.

Offline Doesntmeananything

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:21:21 am »
Hey, that was pretty good! It needs a bit of polish, and the overall style isn't particularly fantastic, but since it's by no means a literature contest and English isn't your native language, I say, 'Job well done!', have a pat on the back.  :wink:

And congrats on being unbanned. :)
If I wore a kilt, I wouldn't wear highly polished shoes.

Offline Original_Sin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Dunn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 03:04:16 pm »
You good sir are UNBANNED :)

It was pretty entertaining to read through. And so i gave 4.
thanks, that's nice to hear.
on behalf of all cheaters and smart asses I'd like to say that we are actually all good guys.
we just think we are better than others.

lol. good to be back. x)

Hey, that was pretty good! It needs a bit of polish, and the overall style isn't particularly fantastic, but since it's by no means a literature contest and English isn't your native language, I say, 'Job well done!', have a pat on the back.  :wink:

And congrats on being unbanned. :)
aye, that's 'cause I lost all the "good shite" and made this one in the last few hours. I just didn't want to make all this stuff again after loosing my week work.
thank you kindly. I'll meet you on the russian server I guess. I don't remember seeing you on EU servers, but oh well I can imagine you being there with your throwing lances x)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:40:00 pm by Original_Sin »