Author Topic: New Autoblock banwave incoming?  (Read 21441 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: New Autoblock banwave incoming?
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2012, 04:35:02 pm »
+1
Only one solution for this.

We need to turn cRPG into a battle royale. Every possible offense gets you permabanned. Then the last person not banned from the playerbase will win. After this, all bans get reset and the "round" restarts.
Would the staff play too? Cuz they are kinda unbannable which would lead to an endless round... since you dont die but get banned that would kinda suck.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2012, 04:39:35 pm »
+1
Would the staff play too? Cuz they are kinda unbannable which would lead to an endless round... since you dont die but get banned that would kinda suck.

they'd get banned for banning.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »
+16
Excuse the poor MS Paint skillz, but I think it would be cool if devs attached an un-removable armor to anyone who used it, and let them keep playing seeing as they are so sorry and love this mod so much.  Tk's and public stonings e.t.c should be un-punishable against them, and they should be made to play like this for a few months and then see if they love c-rpg so much?

I made the armor for the devs.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »
+2
Excuse the poor MS Paint skillz, but I think it would be cool if devs attached an un-removable armor to anyone who used it, and let them keep playing seeing as they are so sorry and love this mod so much.  Tk's and public stonings e.t.c should be un-punishable against them, and they should be made to play like this for a few months and then see if they love c-rpg so much?

I made the armor for the devs.

(click to show/hide)

YES

Also, nothing wrong with MS paint, here is chadz, preparing his hammer:

Courtersy of MS Paint.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:02:50 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2012, 05:00:46 pm »
+5
Any cheater you actually catch red handed is one who may have avoided detection with any other cheats they may have used. Its about getting rid of the players with that mentality that will try hacks to give themselves an advantage. Most of the guys who didn't use it long enough to get perma banned usually say stuff like "the hack wasn't very good so I stopped using it". Its not "I felt bad for cheating". Any 1 guy you catch like that may feel inclined to use any other form of exploit or hack. You may find these guys use stuff like chams, wallhacks, moddels with bars coming out of them that stick thru walls etc, HP bars over enemy players. Whatever they can get away with. Just catching 1 guy red handed is enough to perma him imo, they may have got away with far more, or will just learn to not get caught in future. You send a strong message to the playerbase too

There are the guys who just try it and don't go near cheats again, but its better to have a zero tolerance policy imo. People won't even want to test this stuff out for fear of bans. Naming and shaming also sends a strong message to players and clans, that your name will be forever tarnished with their online friends
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2012, 05:23:37 pm »
+6
If you're not going to permaban cheaters (people who go out of their way to download a cheat for a multiplayer video game) you should publicly name them so that they are shamed (and hopefully will regret their past actions and try to make amends) or so that other people can watch them more carefully for other cheats that you don't detect.  I still think it would be very easy for someone to use a speed hack for 10% faster speeds in game and it wouldn't be very easy to detect.  Not to mention aimbot, wallhacks, sprites...there's probably lots of hacks you can't detect in this game, and I'm assuming if they can't use autoblock, they'll just go and try something else.

Cheating is a mentality, some people can justify cheating in a video game, most people however, can't justify cheating in a game they are playing for fun. 

Unless it was very light use (a couple times for less than a couple hours) i think they should be permabanned (there's possible reasons why someone had an autoblock downloaded and turned on while in c-rpg, so some leniency should be given, maybe, possibly). 

I think names should be made public, and people should be brought into the middle of a c-rpg battle, have an admin execute them, and take away all their money and looms and make them start over.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »
+3
Any cheater you actually catch red handed is one who may have avoided detection with any other cheats they may have used. Its about getting rid of the players with that mentality that will try hacks to give themselves an advantage. Most of the guys who didn't use it long enough to get perma banned usually say stuff like "the hack wasn't very good so I stopped using it". Its not "I felt bad for cheating". Any 1 guy you catch like that may feel inclined to use any other form of exploit or hack. You may find these guys use stuff like chams, wallhacks, moddels with bars coming out of them that stick thru walls etc, HP bars over enemy players. Whatever they can get away with. Just catching 1 guy red handed is enough to perma him imo, they may have got away with far more, or will just learn to not get caught in future. You send a strong message to the playerbase too

There are the guys who just try it and don't go near cheats again, but its better to have a zero tolerance policy imo. People won't even want to test this stuff out for fear of bans. Naming and shaming also sends a strong message to players and clans, that your name will be forever tarnished with their online friends

Any leecher you actually catch red handed is one who may have avoided detection other times they may have leeched. Its about getting rid of the players with that mentality that will leech to give themselves an advantage. Most of the guys who didn't do it long enough to get perma banned usually say stuff like "the experience gain wasn't very good so I stopped doing it". Its not "I felt bad for leeching". Any 1 guy you catch like that may feel inclined to use any other form of exploit. You may find these guys do stuff like running naked with no weapons, teamkilling, signing up against their clan in a strat battle and not showing up.... Whatever they can get away with. Just catching 1 guy red handed is enough to perma him imo, they may have got away with far more, or will just learn to not get caught in future. You send a strong message to the playerbase too

There are the guys who just try it and don't leech again, but its better to have a zero tolerance policy imo. People won't even want to try it for fear of bans. Naming and shaming also sends a strong message to players and clans, that your name will be forever tarnished with their online friends

Nice template.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2012, 05:30:26 pm »
COME ON, WHY WAS I BANNED ? I DIDN T USE ANY CHEAT

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »
+3
COME ON, WHY WAS I BANNED ? I DIDN T USE ANY CHEAT

(click to show/hide)
joke has already been done, your late

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »
+2
:D To me cheating and gaining xp/gold in cRPG are 2 very different things and aren't really comparable. I just see cheating as a line no player should ever cross and once they do, I don't feel they should have any right to play the game. Leaching I would expect admins to crack down on, same as team killing or other bad behaviour. These things don't rely on any external altering of the game files, just ingame stuff. Thats how I see it anyway, 2 quite different scenarios that should be dealt with in different ways. Just my opinion though, I like to hear the other sides to stuff too :)

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2012, 05:38:06 pm »
joke has already been done, your late

didn't read the thread at all :( couldn't know

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2012, 05:38:21 pm »
+2
:D To me cheating and gaining xp/gold in cRPG are 2 very different things and aren't really comparable.

Yeah, the second one is worst because it gives you a permanent advantage.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2012, 05:44:26 pm »
+2
Its about the mentality of the player to me. Downloading and installing a hack, knowing that it gives you such an advantage crosses a line, it shows that their character is one that is best kept banned from multiplayer games.

Leaching or any ingame exploit shows a negative character for the individual, but it doesn't cross that line between ingame behaviour and out of game DLing of hacks. I just view the 2 as quite separate and altering of game files or activating exe's for your own advantage is different imo.

There is a limit to how far xp and gold will take you too, its a legal limit that we will all attain given enough time playing the game. I can play with pure peasant gear and play like a noob and achieve the same goals as a pure leacher

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2012, 05:47:47 pm »
+2
I'd rather fight against people who leech for extra gold/exp than a bunch of autoblocking tards...
:)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2012, 05:54:32 pm »
+1
I guess we see things in a different way. Shades of grey vs black and white.