Author Topic: NA_Siege_Community Map Listing (With Screenshots)  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: NA (Siege) Map Listing (With Screenshots)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 11:02:06 pm »
Chaos is trollin lolol

+1 for removal of Siege Defense. The ramp, and to a lesser extent the ladder, become fubar after a few rounds.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:31 am »
Removed Siege Defense, Old Manor, Something [sic]; and yes that battle map above was also removed... Although wrong thread so posts deleted.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:14:35 am by Airith »
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Offline Sumofallwars

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 06:36:29 am »
Stop adding maps with out fracking playing them!

Get rid of the stupid sky castle map. half the team kills themselves trying to get to the freaking door.

Edit: Map name blank 118

Also maps should have min requirements I.E solid ground
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:39:34 am by Sumofallwars »

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 06:40:12 am »
The sky castle map and the map with the giant tower to get to the flag are both terrible.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:37 am »
The sky castle map and the map with the giant tower to get to the flag are both terrible.

+1 for the sky castle. the Giant tower is a nice idea but it only has one way in... either heavy edit or delete

Offline ICEMAN1779

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 08:59:49 am »
The map that you refer to as the sky castle map is called Champion Haven. It was made purposely for fun and is playable. It also can be captured if you mind your footing and work as a team. I didnot. And donot. Expet this map to go verry far. If it does bother you. You still have the option to spectate the map. Keep in mind. It has only been two days sens its release.

The map that you refer to as the Giant tower map is called Nockmaar. A heavy edit may take place for the inside of the tower. Or a fix for the stairs. But once again. Keep in mind that it's only been two days sens its release.

I do appreciate your comments on the maps. Please send any details about problems, bugs, or issues with the maps.

Maps i have made for CRPG siege. Link http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2968
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:33:15 am by ICEMAN1779 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 03:54:34 am »
Stop adding maps with out fracking playing them!

Get rid of the stupid sky castle map. half the team kills themselves trying to get to the freaking door.

Edit: Map name blank 118

Also maps should have min requirements I.E solid ground

heres a picture of the horror

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ATS STOP LETTING THESE MAPS ON YOUR SERVERS!! DEMOCRACY CAN ONLY GET RID OF SO MANY MAPS!!!
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 04:09:37 am »
Yeah, I'm voting for that floating map to be gone. As an admin I feel like I must sit in spectators and kick the people trololoing on the ramps to keep the tking to a minimum.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 05:07:34 am »
Remove that sky castle portal map.

Never have I been kicked off of ramps by my own team mates so bloody often...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 10:05:15 pm »

please fix it then add it back.

The map itself is cool as fuck but it plays terrible with that fucking idiot staircase.

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »
Looked at both threads and all the maps.  Couldnt tell where this one was.  Here is a screeny.

Problems:
1.  The stairs are horribly buggy.  You MAY be able to run at an angle on the outside wall of the stairs and get up somewhat, but its not properly functional even there.  Going up inside stairs is......... impossible.  Going down is even buggy.

2.  Only time defense can win is if attackers get an unlucky spawn outside... which doesn't make much sense to spawn out there.  Its not a map winable by skill, it is just chance if defense gets spawned out or not.

Suggestions:
1.  Either move the flag to the first room (ground floor).  Which makes for a fairly attainable location (maybe too easy, put extra doors in the hall or more narrow ones for a shield wall position?).

2.  Or burn this map in a fiery pit.  Definitely remove it as is.  MANY people rage and alot spectate or leave when it comes on.
------------------------------

Next map (name?) its the floating castle with lights.

Problems/Suggestions:
1.  Attack spawn is VERY grouped and right at edge.  Sometimes u are auto knocked into the air.... and often teammate sintentinally kick u off.  BAD spawn arrangement.

2.  The floating castle thing isnt very *mount and blade*.  But some may like it...   The odd walkways.... again often teammates kick or hinder, standing at end of jump so ppl fall, etc etc.

3.  Not a totally horrible map, but needs work.  Put it in a scenic setting, make a moat (deep enough so u die by falling) and straighten out the walkways... would be better.  Most complaints are about the spanw and jumps that I have seen.

4.  Uber bright lights.... a bit annoying, especially when u spawn in one and all u see is white blinding you.  Not enjoyable.

-------------
Dunno name...

1.  Seige tower lurches horribly on a extremely unstable ramp of logs.  Not only the seige tower has trouble on this but running on it is horrible too....

2. Once the tower reaches the castle, a gap exists that you can get stuck in.

3. When facing the gate house from defense side, the bottom right door glitches out so that it can no longer be used after... dunno.  about a minute or enemy gets in the gatehouse?  Something causes it to bug.

Actually a pretty good map, just fix these serioius points and its defendable attackable equally.  The assaults longer trip round, necesity of grabbing the gate to shorten the run is strategic.  Good courtyard area to fight in, multiple access points.  Very nice over all.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:58:55 am by seddrik »

Offline ICEMAN1779

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 01:19:32 am »
Looked at both threads and all the maps.  Couldnt tell where this one was.  Here is a screeny.

Problems:
1.  The stairs are horribly buggy.  You MAY be able to run at an angle on the outside wall of the stairs and get up somewhat, but its not properly functional even there.  Going up inside stairs is......... impossible.  Going down is even buggy.

2.  Only time defense can win is if attackers get an unlucky spawn outside... which doesn't make much sense to spawn out there.  Its not a map winable by skill, it is just chance if defense gets spawned out or not.

Suggestions:
1.  Either move the flag to the first room (ground floor).  Which makes for a fairly attainable location (maybe too easy, put extra doors in the hall or more narrow ones for a shield wall position?).

2.  Or burn this map in a fiery pit.  Definitely remove it as is.  MANY people rage and alot spectate or leave when it comes on.
------------------------------

Next map (name?) its the floating castle with lights.

Problems/Suggestions:
1.  Attack spawn is VERY grouped and right at edge.  Sometimes u are auto knocked into the air.... and often teammate sintentinally kick u off.  BAD spawn arrangement.

2.  The floating castle thing isnt very *mount and blade*.  But some may like it...   The odd walkways.... again often teammates kick or hinder, standing at end of jump so ppl fall, etc etc.

3.  Not a totally horrible map, but needs work.  Put it in a scenic setting, make a moat (deep enough so u die by falling) and straighten out the walkways... would be better.  Most complaints are about the spanw and jumps that I have seen.

4.  Uber bright lights.... a bit annoying, especially when u spawn in one and all u see is white blinding you.  Not enjoyable.

-------------
Dunno name...

1.  Seige tower lurches horribly on a extremely unstable ramp of logs.  Not only the seige tower has trouble on this but running on it is horrible too....

2. Once the tower reaches the castle, a gap exists that you can get stuck in.

3. When facing the gate house from defense side, the bottom right door glitches out so that it can no longer be used after... dunno.  about a minute or enemy gets in the gatehouse?  Something causes it to bug.

Actually a pretty good map, just fix these serioius points and its defendable attackable equally.  The assaults longer trip round, necesity of grabbing the gate to shorten the run is strategic.  Good courtyard area to fight in, multiple access points.  Very nice over all.

Thanks for addressing some of these issues.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:33:26 pm by ICEMAN1779 »

Offline ICEMAN1779

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »

please fix it then add it back.

The map itself is cool as fuck but it plays terrible with that fucking idiot staircase.

Nockmaar. Heavy edit inside of the tower.
Stairs are fixed, The Stairs have been greatly upsized, All new rooms, Added 3 doors, Moved all defenders entry points, Wont be uploaded to the server for a bit tho.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/mb4z.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/mb1vt.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/mb2ac.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/mb3v.jpg/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:30:52 pm by ICEMAN1779 »

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 05:59:06 am »
-----------------------
Multiwalled, long entrance road map

1.  Long runs from spawn arent very enjoyable... especially when the path is rough and prohibits u running fully, and its uphill through the ramp/road... kinda tedious to run again and again.  Remember ppl are gonna play these maps over and over and over.... make it more combat and less just run run run plz.  Perhaps remove the stone stairs or something, make it smooth and more level. 

2.  Defense spawn sometimes you spawn outside the castle in the air somewhere.... needs fixed at the very least.

3.  The castle is interesting, I like the spiked entrance lower door vs wall attacks to get in.  Hafta strategize to actually get in when defended well.  MIGHT lower the walls or rais the road way outside some to make just a tad more balanced in attacking vs defending (less ladder climbing ditance and leveled/raised roads a little better running).

4.  Dont have the outside spawn for defenders...?  so while making it a little easier to get into for attack, its more combat to get in.

5.  I like when the def shield walls the lower door, beneath stairs.  Makes it a real knock down batlle.  Much more fun there.

6.  Maybe add a ladder somewhere, one that is not destroyable with 2 hits...

-------------
In fact a number of maps have attackers run run runnning a lot.  Id rather def have a shorter spawn time and attackers running less.... more fighting and team strategy required, less tedium.

-----------------
Another more general question.  On ground you can run normally, but on wood and stone floors it seems u cannot run normal speed.  For tanks thats no prob (usually always slow), but for agi builds its murder.  Is there anyway to *fix* this?  Why should stone or wood be WORSE to walk/run on than ground?  Shouldn't it be MORE stable? Id settle for normal....  Anyway it would balance the diff between agi and str buiolds if it were normal.  As it it it handicaps agi builds.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:18:59 am by seddrik »

Offline ICEMAN1779

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2011, 04:50:03 am »

Another more general question.  On ground you can run normally, but on wood and stone floors it seems u cannot run normal speed.  For tanks thats no prob (usually always slow), but for agi builds its murder.  Is there anyway to *fix* this?  Why should stone or wood be WORSE to walk/run on than ground?  Shouldn't it be MORE stable? Id settle for normal....  Anyway it would balance the diff between agi and str buiolds if it were normal.  As it it it handicaps agi builds.

Sounds like an excellent question for the CRPG Suggestions Corner. Suggestions to add or improve game features
Post it there. There is nothing as a mapmaker can do about this. Perhaps put barriers down everywhere would be my idea. But this would mean a lot of work.