Author Topic: Strategus for dummies  (Read 84499 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Strategus for dummies
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:18 am »
+1
yarr correct me if im wrong but....

say you craft an item for lowest possible price (3 gold is where ours bottomed out), then you sell it at the furthest possible corner of the map for the full 360% price increase... and if im not mistaken the highest possible buy price in a fief is 25.25 (thats what ours seems to have maxed at) then you would be selling it for 90.9 gold... minus the 3 gold for crafting = 87.9 gold... and pretending that you teleported across the map instantaneously... you would then net 87.9 gold per hour of crafting... thats not even half of what you used to make working in a town... and yet prices for items have increased 400%.

the harder it is to make troops and gold, the less interested people will be... its also that much harsher on individual players and small clans.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:56 pm »
+1

the harder it is to make troops and gold, the less interested people will be... its also that much harsher on individual players and small clans.
But now individual player actually have achievable goal (mainly raiding) and can piss off bigger clan, especially considering 1.8 more speed from horse and maybe hiding.

How was the game more interesting before when you're only goal was to have the most people possible farm for troop in  villages and basically do nothing ?

Now you actually have to think, consider pro and cons of trading, take risk, consider upkeep on huge army and so on, it's actually much better for smaller clan.   

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:38 pm »
yarr correct me if im wrong but....

say you craft an item for lowest possible price (3 gold is where ours bottomed out), then you sell it at the furthest possible corner of the map for the full 360% price increase... and if im not mistaken the highest possible buy price in a fief is 25.25 (thats what ours seems to have maxed at) then you would be selling it for 90.9 gold... minus the 3 gold for crafting = 87.9 gold... and pretending that you teleported across the map instantaneously... you would then net 87.9 gold per hour of crafting... thats not even half of what you used to make working in a town... and yet prices for items have increased 400%.

To be fair, that's 90.9 gold on top of the 25.25 base gold. So it's actually 116.15 gold. So it is even half of what you used to make working in a town. Don't you feel foolish now that I made a minor correction that in no way affects your point?

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 11:43:07 pm »
well i did 25.25 X 3.6 = 90.9 so... pretty sure youd get paid 90.9 per.

as for individuals having goals... its true an individual can get enough troops to attack trade caravans... the thing is... im not convinced trade caravans are worth it... so there might be nothing to attack, secondly, good luck buying good gear for even 49 troops... you are looking at 200-400 gold per troop if you want decent gear.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:03 am »
well i did 25.25 X 3.6 = 90.9 so... pretty sure youd get paid 90.9 per.

as for individuals having goals... its true an individual can get enough troops to attack trade caravans... the thing is... im not convinced trade caravans are worth it... so there might be nothing to attack, secondly, good luck buying good gear for even 49 troops... you are looking at 200-400 gold per troop if you want decent gear.
You should be multiplying bye 4.63 if you want the max selling price rather than 3.6. That 360% is the bonus, not the percent of the cost items sell for. Otherwise, when go to a town right next to you and that number still reads in the single digits, think what it would do to the goods you sell.

Also, decent gear is for fancy pants. Peasant gear and cudgels shall rule Strategus!
...mostly cause that's all we can afford

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 02:26:20 am »
+1
and just incase people wanted to fight in strat battles for decent xp... the xp is based off gear and no one has gear, so no xp! ha ha!

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:20 am »
Does "all thined" items in strat bounded to their analogs in crpg? For example I have Sarranid Mail Shirt  with skill 5. Can i produce Thick Sarranid Mail Shirt if I'll loom it?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 02:49:28 am »
Does "all thined" items in strat bounded to their analogs in crpg? For example I have Sarranid Mail Shirt  with skill 5. Can i produce Thick Sarranid Mail Shirt if I'll loom it?
Nope. You get it for what you have. So if you got skill 6 in Sarranid Mail shirt, then loom it and get it again; you will have 5 in Sarranid Mail Shirt and 3 in +1 Sarranid Mail Shirt.

THIS is something I would like to change. Maybe make it so when you get skill above X you can craft looms of it? For less discount or something?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 08:25:05 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »
I just really wanna know what I should do, supposedly I can't get any more smithing skills now that I'm lvl 31, but I really wanna keep lvling up to higher lvls and I'm really close to lvl 32. Should I just retire and know that I wasted a lot of time for nothing? or should I wait hoping for a change in the system so that people lvl 31 and up can get smithing skills higher too? :(

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 09:58:29 pm »
I saw a few village battles on this Strategus, and if I remember correctly each time defenders have the same equipment [or nearly the same]. Why ? Where is the diversity ?
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 02:02:30 am »
fief goldgain is very slow with the current system, therefore villages won't get much evolution like last strat.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
fief goldgain is very slow with the current system, therefore villages won't get much evolution like last strat.
I know, but....

Now is Ravens battle......guess what they [defenders] have..... again Kazakh Hat and Light Strange Armor [piligrim for archers].....it's like AI buys only one set of armor.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 09:22:37 pm »
+1
exactly, the code ain't that variable, it's only about the fief moneyz.

what one could do though is: making an fixed "fief prosperity vs fief gold" code, that then varies for every time the prosperity changes and then buys different stuff.
not sure though if this is possible to code with the current strat.
but yeah i know what u mean, would be nice to have some kind of change, hopefully this could be made with some quick fixes and not like go into every single fief and reset an invidual item set (would be alot of work).

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 02:22:19 am »
If you attack and defeat a player do you get all of his equipment or goods after that?