Author Topic: Good prices increase without prosperity change  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
Good prices increase without prosperity change
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »
In one of the fiefs the goods' price increased by 2 without any change of fief prosperity. I assumed that this is related somehow, but this seems weird. Could anyone explain what is the real relation between prosperity and goods' price, or what the price depends on apart form prosperity?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:23:43 pm by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: Good prices increase
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »
Prosperity is direction of movement, not distance from default.  For example, if a fief maintains +1 prosperity for 300 days, it could have goods worth 315 gold and only +1 prosperity.  This is all subject to being out of date and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 06:20:52 pm »
Prosperity is direction of movement, not distance from default.  For example, if a fief maintains +1 prosperity for 300 days, it could have goods worth 315 gold and only +1 prosperity.  This is all subject to being out of date and should be taken with a grain of salt.

From what we have seen in our villages - it seems to maximize at 25 gold and minimize at 10 gold.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 06:40:15 pm »
Gentlemen, I am talking about the increase of the "Good Price", without any change of any other parameter.  It happened in one of the fiefs, without any material change of circumstances. I am wondering what causes changes of "Good Price".
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:07:25 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »
Gentlemen, I am talking about the increase of the "Good Price", without any change of any other parameter.  It happened in one of the fiefs, without any material change of circumstances. I am wondering what causes changes of "Good Price".

Yes, it seems you are still wondering that.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 07:10:12 pm »
Thank you Braeden for you kind words I can recognize sarcasm when I see it.  :D

I am just trying to understand what is happening. What you are saying is that the + or - prosperity shows that prices will go up or will go down, not immediately after the change of prosperity but also in future.  This fief indeed had a positive prosperity. It still does at the same level, so it is logical.

What is the difference between +1 prosperity and +4 prosperity? Does this show how fast the prices change? Or anything else? Finally, I have my doubts if that is how it really is supposed to work:

Trading? Crafting?I have no idea what all those values mean!
Let's have a closer look at a fief:
The prosperity is a value that is randomly increased or decreased by one every day on a random hour.
After it's updated, the entire prosperity value is added to the price in this location (note: prosperity can also be negative).
Every location has one price for all goods. It's not like "we want this good so badly, we'll pay a lot for this", it's more like "we're filthy rich, we just pay a lot for whatever you bring us". I know it's not really advanced economics (or even basic :P), but it should serve it's purpose for the time being.

Mr. C did not find it fit to announce the mechanics you have mentioned. ARE YOU SURE it works this way?

chadz, please explain, it is crucial for undestanding essential element of game mechanics...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:47:29 pm by Erasmas »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 07:18:37 pm »
I believe at +4 prosperity, prices go up by 4 every 24 hours, at +3 they go up by 3, etc.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 07:29:55 pm »
That would mean that the value of prosperity is added to the current price every 24h not "after it (i.e prosperity) is updated". Hm... It would also mean that chadz explanation in "Strat for dummies" is misleading (OMG, OMG). It was prosperity thatwas supposed to  change every day in the first place..

I have a possible explanation - the prosperity value (2) was added to the price at its update. The update (value of prosperity change) was... zero. This however means that prosperity is not "randomly increased or decreased by one every day on a random hour." but also may remain unchanged. Again I cannot derive that form Mr. C's description.

I want to stress that in this particular case the Prosperity did NOT change when price went up by 2.

Does any one else have any practical observation about this issue? chadz preferably?  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:51:08 pm by Erasmas »

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »
Why does it display the upcoming change in prosperity anyway, instead of just total prosperity from the default?

It's confusing, for one thing, and also doesn't make much sense. How could you know in advance exactly how much more or less prosperous a location will be in the future? Even with all todays technology we still can't predict what the stock market will do, for instance.

Why not just display prosperity as the change from default, with like an arrow next to it pointing down if it looks likely to go down, an arrow pointing up if its trending upwards.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:30 pm »
+2
From what we have seen in our villages - it seems to maximize at 25 gold and minimize at 10 gold.

max 25.25 and min 4.95 you mean.

kinda retarded that 25.25 is the max... means no matter what youll never earn more than in old strat working at a town. should up the max to like 50... then you could run a caravan with say 300% bonus and sell for 200 per.. at least that would be decent.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:39 pm »
+1

kinda retarded that 25.25 is the max... means no matter what youll never earn more than in old strat working at a town. should up the max to like 50... then you could run a caravan with say 300% bonus and sell for 200 per.. at least that would be decent.

yep, good idea.  15 variance in price is pretty weak

Offline LLJK_Siggy

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Fighting for Democracy across all of Calradia
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_SIGGY_AMERICA
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »

25 and 5 for ease of conversation/crunching numbers.

Since you craft at 1/2 the price, then you can craft at 3 gold an sell for 25 with no distance bonus. You will probably never hit 300% bonus, either. 120 km gives you 301%. From where I am at in the snow lands, the farthest fief I can find is about 87 km, which would net me a bonus of about 199%.