Author Topic: EU Servers autobalance setup  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: EU Servers autobalance setup
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 09:22:57 pm »
Depends on the clan. GK let people in fairly easily as long as their main is dedicated cav and they can stick with the theme. We don't really have time requirements either. Just a bunch of us will happen to play at the same time, seeing as we are all EU, that happens quite often. As for strat, we don't make everyone load up strat, it's optional.

You just have to find the right clan for you.

that is gonna be hard after being in such awesome environment  :mrgreen:

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:37 am »
Yeah.

No matter the clan, ranged and cavalry should be balanced out equally between teams.
quote for truth !

but nooo people will always say excuses to milky milk the multi :D its a war clanless people cannot win ,

Offline Odion

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Odion_IV, Odion_Power
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 11:51:42 am »
im just going to start wearing the banner of the dominating clan on the banner server,

simple solution.

LMFAO EDIT: just put on grey's banner and went 4 siege maps with x5. will definitely be doing this more
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:55:41 pm by Odion »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 12:42:44 pm »
Why would they switch? Imo, Banner Balance is for clans, Strict Balance is for clanless (newbies) :D

sure. _LaHire_ is a noob, RageGuy is a noob, Biafra is a noob, _Bloodyman is a noob, etc...

im just going to start wearing the banner of the dominating clan on the banner server,

simple solution.

yeah i thought the same too. it's just too much frustrating being steamrolled over and over.

Autobalance settings have been changed for the official servers, so as of today we have the following:

EU_cRPG_1 (120 slot Battle) - Autobalance by Banner
EU_cRPG_2 (120 slot Siege) - Autobalance by Banner
EU_cRPG_4 (50 slot Battle) - Strict Autobalance
EU_cRPG_5 (80 slot Siege) -  Strict Autobalance

thanks a lot sir. i'll stick with 4 and 5 while some infamous clan go gankrape 24 7 the EU_2
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:46:06 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »
Acctualy it is pretty annoying.... I must play all map (an example from today) against my clanmates because there was a lot of casual players which used our banner and this realy sucks.

A mod (cRPG&Strategus) made in my opinion mostly for clans.
Server with bannerbalance intended for clans.
And I play Warband not for my own k/d ratio or to be Hero or something. I play Warband because I want to play with friends, for teamworking....and I can't because some people specially use our banner, not they like it or it is cool but to be in our team. This is crappy behavior.

PS People which exploit bug - hitting through the doors - also sucks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Odion

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Odion_IV, Odion_Power
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 01:13:04 pm »
Acctualy it is pretty annoying.... I must play all map (an example from today) against my clanmates because there was a lot of casual players which used our banner and this realy sucks.

And I play Warband not for my own k/d ratio or to be Hero or something. I play Warband because I want to play with friends, for teamworking....and I can't because some people specially use our banner, not they like it or it is cool but to be in our team. This is crappy behavior.

if you want team work that is what Strategus is for.

i dont see how it is fun 9-10 level 30 builds with team speak one hitting beginners.

banner blance is the biggest oxymoron  i have ever see, what a joke.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »
+1

I seen on this boards more than one time recommendation to just adapt, so, people do adapt, get over it. Yeah, it is sucky, but, if you want to have chance to win, there is no other way. Banner balance was put to allow clans to play together, yes, but when all the clans are stacked on one team, where is the fun in that? I do not like to try to come out with something to beat 40organized people, or more smaller groups of organized guys, with a bunch of randoms who do not care. Ill better just pop a banner u use, or merc, or hre, or anyone, so i could at least have a chance to see some multi.

Either somehow fix clanstacking on one team, or make the balance take a class into account too (even tho i dont have any idea if this is doableú

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011, 02:12:04 pm »
+1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so when occasionally you can't get switched with your mates because you're too many, it's the bannerbalance fault?

but

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

after exploiting:

- autobalance (spec rejoin spec rejoin)
- ~ 10-15 construction sites (around flag, at backdoor, at small gates, at stairs...)
- ladders on the flag's pole

omg i can't stand still... help...  :lol:

if you want team work that is what Strategus is for.

i dont see how it is fun 9-10 level 30 builds with team speak one hitting beginners.

banner blance is the biggest oxymoron  i have ever see, what a joke.

fun? where is the fun playing with a full team clanstacked against a full team of mixed? there is none. but seems they enjoy more the fixed x5. you know... lot of money, lot of xp...

that's another reason i don't play siege anymore. mixed battle players leech less, average skill is little better than siege. so you can still aim to win against some clanstackers... and there aren't so many like you know.. some clan sieging almost empty servers 24/7

i still thanks a lot punisher to setup server 4 and 5 with no bannerbalance. i'll enjoy siege again. thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:18:02 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Werfried

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Goat bless my peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Werfrieds Peasant Battalion
  • Game nicks: Werfried
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 02:23:27 pm »
I dont like banner (im)balance.
I can see the point, that clanmembers, which are often in teamspeak also, want to play in the same team. But the game is not only for clans.
For example, if a bunch of greys are on the siege servers, its an autowin for their team. You just cant beat them with a team of casuals.
And dont say "then you must use a better tactic". Ever tried to organize a random team just by typing in chat vs. a team with 10 experienced players with TS? It works maybe 1 out of 10 times.

And seriously, this:
LMFAO EDIT: just put on grey's banner and went 4 siege maps with x5. will definitely be doing this more
should not be the solution.

It shouldnt be a big problem for clanmembers to play some rounds vs other clanmembers.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »
I loved hunting down other bandits and loling at them on TS, or being raped by them and having to swallow their mocking, but man, that WAS fun. :)

Anyways, banner balance as it is now is more of a bad thing than improvement. Yeah, clans are good and shit, but you should not force people to join a clan to be able to have fun on battle/siege. And yes, getting steamrolled by a clanstacked teams is not fun.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 07:42:58 pm »
+1
EU2 is back to 80 slots. Activated banner balance on EU5 so the servers are basically running the same config.

Hopefully we will have 2 populated siege servers rather then one full and the other almost empty all the time.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 10:43:00 pm »
So now that we've seen that banner balance was not the reason why eu5 was empty, can you turn it back off?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?